New (First) TK Build for Snaketcher

snaketcher

IMG_4539.jpg.0b375b3ad91f221519a8690168b85fc5.jpgHowdy. Here is the picture trip of my first adventure into this. The build has been daunting, frustrating and fun all at the same time.  So I have posted some of this on my local garrison page in a thread and they have been good support. My GML has been really good.  But I wanted to get opinions  from  a wider audience as I know there are a ton of tricks and tips out there. Some of what I've followed in this group seems to be "old" as I've been told  different ways to change a lot of my build based other options such as ease of use or comfort over the years and others experiments.  based on the info from  others.  So there has been some re-configuring and snaps/straps come and go.  The tips really worked.   So, that said, I'll post the pics and some comments and y'all fire away good, bad or constructive.  What I though was going to be the hardest (boots) was really the easiest.  I'm building a Stunt kit and shooting for EIB, hopefully Centurion. 

I'm getting there. Baby steps.

LLTE (Long live the Empire). 

IMG_4545.jpg

IMG_4547.jpg

IMG_4548.jpg

Edited by snaketcher
Too large kb

Here are some more pics after I started. I was following the builds and nobody said start with the core (torso) work outward and do the limbs last so its been a learning curve and became a little more work, but I learned a lot.  Here is where I am. The chest and back plates have been taken off the kidney and Ab plate and are stand alone. I left the snaps in place in case I wanted/needed to go back to one whole front and back piece. But I can move better now. The suspender system for the ab and kidney is great and easier to put on. 

IMG_4554.jpg

Edited by snaketcher
Too large kb

Finally got things arranged and fitting better. Due to some weight loss I've had to readjust the suspenders and now the ab and kidney parts fit tighter or more snug.  The thighs concern me as do the shins. I think I may need to trim one or both. The sniper plate seems to be hitting the bottom of the thigh ridge and the ammo band seems to restrict my right leg movement. Pics to follow. 

I could tell right away that you have AM armor, Steve, and it looks like you have done a great job on it so far!  Keep the photos coming and always feel free to ask any questions you have, no matter how small.

One thing I would HIGHLY suggest is to get in touch with Gary jr. (whistle nut) there in the Makaze Squad.  The guy is an absolute wizard when it comes to TK armor, and if he holds one of his famous armor parties at his "TK sweatshop" in Clermont it would be wise to attend.  You can check the Makaze Squad boards or PM him directly here.  I have known he and his wife for years (and his dad)... good friends and awesome people.  Tell him Joseph sent ya'.

• Like 1

Thanks! Yes I met Gary Jr and Sr at the last armor party he had a few weeks ago. Both Gary's are "wizards" at this stuff. At the time I ddn't have my armor so it was more of a look and watch and ask questions for me.  Thanks for the encouragement!

• Like 1

Thanks! Yes I met Gary Jr and Sr at the last armor party he had a few weeks ago. Both Gary's are "wizards" at this stuff. At the time I ddn't have my armor so it was more of a look and watch and ask questions for me.  Thanks for the encouragement!

Ok here are more photos of my build. It's actually starting to look like a stormtrooper. The ammo belt is almost done. I still need to attach the holster. The issue I found is that the plastic inside the belt to help stop the sagging is back further from the edge of the outer plastic ammo belt  than I thought. The tutorial I'm following (UKwrath's) is saying to go 20mm or 40 mm from the edge of the plastic ammo belt for the first hole on the holster. The plastic inside the belt is like 70 mm back (seems to fit on the back part of my hip when I wear it).  Is that a deal breaker on any level for approval?  For some reason I cant upload any more pictures. Apparently I've already reached 81+ KB.

Edited by snaketcher
Forogt to add text