Belt Help!

Eagle

So basically after I added my Ab snaps to my belt, I accidentally proceeded to put my holster and drop boxes upside down. The only way to fix it is to add new Ab snaps, but if i hammer to hard ill crack the belt. I cant take the belt off because it's riveted. Worst case scenario I have to buy a snap tool. Any suggestions?

qynbulY.jpg

The yellow is where the new snap needs to go.

A7TnIU5.jpg

Thanks!

You are going to have to remove the 3 square rivet covers on the plastic belt, if you have glued them already. I hope you used E-6000 if you did. 
Drill out the pop rivet head until it pops off. The rivet will fall apart easily. Separate the plastic from the canvas. Redo your snaps. Reassemble using the same holes for your rivets. Reapply the plastic square rivet covers. 

Edited by Coastertk
  • Like 1

As a side note, your drop box elastic appears to be a little too short in that photo. The elastic is pulling the drop box up under the belt.

If you can make them a little longer, the drop boxes should hang just below the belt, just touching the bottom of the plastic ammo belt.

Example images;
9d1002fc3649de7d1f8b1ae6bf940739.png

8f89745a40234a04c87418047ab9a75f.jpg

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...