Phasma TFA / TLJ CRL Work flow

For discussion of Phasma TFA / TLJ CRL only. Please keep this thread on topic 

TFA - https://databank.501st.com/databank/Costuming:TK_TFA_captain_phasma

TLJhttps://databank.501st.com/databank/Costuming:TK_TFA_captain_phasma_TLJ

• Like 2

• ukswrath pinned, unpinned and pinned this topic
  • 7 months later...

With your assistance Teresa, I would like to get this underway at your earliest convenience.

It is obvious both these CRL's require some updates and refined explanations to help both those who wish to build the costume and GML's who approve then at basic level.

We must make sure that those parts that can be shared between TFA and TLJ are clearly defined, and those that can not due to significant shape and design are also outlined.

I've made a start on TFA Phasma in the below post, with just a few minor suggestions and grammatical correction.

Some things that stood out to me on first glance but i call on the true experts to give some definitive feedback and suggestions.

TFA Phasma CRL modification

Shoulder Gaskets

• Gaskets are rubber or a shiny black material with ridges.  Suggest fabric gaskets approval at basic, make rubber gaskets mandatory Lvl 2
  • The shoulder gaskets must cover all exposed areas under the shoulder bell, between the bicep and chest, and between bicep and back.

Elbow gaskets

• Gaskets are rubber or a shiny black material with ridges  make rubber gaskets mandatory lvl 2
  • The elbow gaskets must cover all exposed areas between the bicep and forearm.

Forearms

• Reflective metallic silver in color
  • Forearms have have ridged rail, similar to a picatinny, embedded on the inside of the forearm.
  • Forearms have a box on the bottom the wrist end, roughly covering 1/3rd of the embedded rail.
  • Each forearm has two 'clasp greeblies' on the outward facing surface, near the wrist.
  • Detail box includes black rectangle on small edge perpendicular and closest to wrist.
  • Possible shape description of elbow end
  • TLJ forearms are not acceptable

Gloves/fingers

• Hand armor is metallic silver or chrome in color.
  • Gloves are black.
  • Gloves extend underneath the forearm.
  • Hand plates are rigid square boxes and the hand plates are mounted securely over the back of the glove.
  • A wrist plate is mounted securely between the handplate and the forearm, contouredcountoured   (contoured)to match the hand plate.
  • The black oval detail is aligned with the index finger of each hand.
  • Finger armor is two rigid pieces per finger, proportionate in size to the fingers, containing rounded bumps on top as shown in the photo.
  • improve shape description
  • If different TLJ hand plate and finger amour not acceptable

Boots

• Boots are black suede, leather, or leather-like, absent of laces, with no pronounced heel.
  • Shin and foot armor is reflective metallic silver in color
  • Lower shin armor is contoured upward in the center, with a square-beveled ridge visible along the top, right, and left sides.
  • The bottom is rounded over the top of the boot, extending to points on either side.
  • The lower shin is worn over the lower half of the main shin armor.
  • Lower calf armor is rigid, curved at the bottom over the heel plate, and extending to points to match the lower shin armor
  • The calf and lower shin armor are flush and may be connected on the sides by a mylar  (Mylar)or silver tape.
  • The heel armor is semi-circular, rigid, and affixed to the heel of the boot.
  • The instep armor is rounded or oval and curves with the contour of the boot and sits above the toe and lower shin at an angle.
  • The toe armor is rigid and has a shallow curve contoured to the front of the boot. that does not extend to the top of the sole

Thermal Detonator

• The thermal detonator mounting plate is silver and sits under the back plate and rests above the belt.
  • The control panel is black.
  • The righthand (right hand) recessed end cape is black.
  • The lefthand (left hand) end cap extends from the detonator assembly and is black all around the cylinder as well as the end surface. A silver stripe is present around the end of the cylinder that extends slightly onto the circular surface.
  • There should be no visible seams.
  • Make this a mandatory part of the costume and not an optional accessory

Had a little time so just adding a few things common between Phasma and FOTK's, there is quite a lot we don't have as L2 on the FOTK's this is either because the pieces are hard to acquire Or we are balancing the L2 and L3 requirements.

I would like to see the rubber gaskets as L3 same as the FOTK's, I know there is no L2 requirement but rubber gaskets used to be readily available but I'm not aware of anyone supplying rubber gaskets at this time, L2 should be a level that is easily obtainable.

Shoulder Gaskets

• Gaskets are rubber or a shiny black material with ridges.  
  • The shoulder gaskets must cover all exposed areas under the shoulder bell, between the bicep and chest, and between bicep and back.

OPTIONAL Level two certification (if applicable):

ADD OPTIONAL Level three certification (if applicable):

• Gaskets shall be made of rubber. Fabric gaskets are not acceptable. (same as FOTK)

Elbow gaskets

• Gaskets are rubber or a shiny black material with ridges
  • The elbow gaskets must cover all exposed areas between the bicep and forearm.

• Gaskets shall be made of rubber. Fabric gaskets are not acceptable.

Knee gaskets

• Gaskets are rubber or a shiny black material with ridges
  • The knee gaskets must cover all exposed areas between the thigh and shin.

• Gaskets shall be made of rubber. Fabric gaskets are not acceptable.

Abdomen

• Abdomen section is reflective metallic silver in color
  • The abdomen section must wrap around the wearer's body without a visible seam.
  • The abdomen has 7 boxes attached that matches the order and placement shown
  • The large box has a small black recessed square to on the lower left of the wearer.
  • The second box to the right of the wearer has a small black recessed rectangle near the top.

ADD OPTIONAL Level two certification (if applicable):

• The boxes should sit against the abdominal plate with minimal to no gaps.

• The seams between the abdominal armor and the 7 boxes should not be filled.

Thighs

• Thighs are reflective metallic silver in color
  • There are seams on the inside and outside of each thigh.
  • A clip greeblie is present high and across the outside seams of each thigh.
  • The right thigh (when worn) includes a base for a weapon holster. Holster does not need to be functional.

• Holster must be Functional.

• The seams between the abdominal armor and the 7 boxes should not be filled.

large.12376198_10153965898878313_1056153

Captain Phasma Blaster Rifle

• Based on a replica Sterling sub-machine gun, scratch-built, or a modified commercial toy Stormtrooper blaster.
  • Similar to standard First Order Stormtrooper Blaster with extended stock attached.
  • Details may be painted reflective silver or reflective silver with a golden hue.

• Holster must be Functional.

• Working lights and working front torch are required.
    Front handle must be movable.

Undersuit

• An undergarment must be worn such that the space between the thighs and the belt shows a black material. The black material may be shiny or matte.
  • The reference photo shows the type used on screen but is not required for basic approval.

ADD  OPTIONAL Level two certification (if applicable):

• The shorts area of the undersuit should be shiny.

OPTIONAL Level three certification (if applicable):

Gloves/fingers

• Hand armor is metallic silver or chrome in color.
  • Gloves are black.
  • Gloves extend underneath the forearm.
  • Hand plates are rigid square boxes and the hand plates are mounted securely over the back of the glove.
  • A wrist plate is mounted securely between the handplate and the forearm, contouredcountoured to match the hand plate.
  • The black oval detail is aligned with the index finger of each hand.
  • Finger armor is two rigid pieces per finger, proportionate in size to the fingers, containing rounded bumps on top as shown in the photo.

ADD  OPTIONAL Level two certification (if applicable):

• Hand plates should have a recessed oval detail which is aligned with the index finger of each hand

ADD   OPTIONAL Level three certification (if applicable):

• Palm should have padded areas with stitching

Biceps

• Biceps are reflective metallic silver in color
  • Biceps have only one seam on the side that faces forward.
  • A clip greeblie is present low and across the seam
  • Two black ovals are present on the outward facing side of the bicep.

• Trapezoid detail and ridges in bicep must be present (small detailed section).
  • The inner seam should be overlapped.
  • Seams can be fixed or functional.

Cape

• The cape is a black canvas material that crosses the chest diagonally from the right shoulder to the left elbow area.
  • The cape drops down the left side of the body to within a few inches of the floor or can slightly drag along the floor behind the left foot.
  • There is a dark red stripe approximately 1.25" - 1.5" in width that follows the front seam of the cape from the right shoulder to the bottom of the left side of the cape.
  • The cape should fit across the shoulders and may have some slight bunching on the left shoulder.
  • There is no visible clasp, hooks or snaps at the right shoulder connection
  • Light wear-and-tear and weathering is permitted.

• Cape is 3 panels, with seams on either side of the back plate.
  • Four asymmetrical pockets are present on the left panel; the top one overlaps the seam. They are in the pattern 1-2-1 from top to bottom. The top pocket is approximately even with the bicep. The pocket size is approximately 8” tall and 5” wide, but may vary because they are not identical.
  • Two straps approximately 1.25” wide extend from inside the hem of the left panel at hand-level.
  • One strap approximately 1” wide extends from under the side of the bottom pocket.
  • The cape is coated on the outside with a thin rubber-like medium.
  • The fabric is cotton canvas with a diagonal weave visible in the medium.
  • A black strap approximately 1-1.5” wide extends from the top of the right shoulder down the back.

• The cape is coated on the outside with a thin rubber-like medium.

Definitely need added info in regards to correct forearms

TFA 

P3MpfuU.jpg?1&key=02cda11fca39dba8319254

TLJ

large.1492685860_starwarslastjedicaptainphasmaarmor.jpg.646bb847eaf5c5c800ea47be3be4893b.jpg.a7fbe3d26738d304dae19525b4d4e847.jpg

Forearms

• Reflective metallic silver in color
  • Forearms have have ridged rail, similar to a picatinny, embedded on the inside of the forearm.
  • Forearms have a box on the bottom the wrist end, roughly covering 1/3rd of the embedded rail.
  • Each forearm has two 'clasp greeblies' on the outward facing surface, near the wrist.
  • Detail box includes black rectangle on small edge perpendicular and closest to wrist.
  • TFA forearms are curved at the elbow on the sides (refer to reference image)
  • TLJ forearms are not acceptable

• Forearm wrist box should be separate pieces, affixed to forearms.
  • Forearm top plate is not attached at front of wrists.

Teresa and I have been speaking and  she has a few Phasma's lined up to help us out with the CRL work.

This CRL needs much consideration and re writing in a few areas as will the TLJ version.

I'd just like to add, we are not in a hurry to pump this out as it has needed work since it's inception and the aim of this thread is to pool our ideas before buckling down and making Phasma CRL's the best they can be for our members.

As they currently stand, they aren't really fit for purpose when it comes to Expert Infantry ( no level 3 currently) and they are not clear in definition separating TFA from TLJ with several elements.

As well as the written components, new imagery may also need to be used as our CRL's are a combination of the two mediums. We also have the ability to add an extended gallery to these CRL's which will also make a difference to GML's and members alike.

This will take as long as it takes and neither Teresa or I intend to rush this process.

All staff and attache's are welcome to input for these costumes, as I would like to make sure we have good discussion points to create a full brief before we move to the next stage of allowing membership feedback.

I envisage this overhaul will indeed effect basic and EI approvals so all care must be taken to get them as fair and accurate as we can.

All input will be under consideration.

• Like 1

I’m ok being the bad guy here. I’ll tell any new hopeful that this cannot happen at this time.
Send them my way.
I’m ok with this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

• Sly11 featured this topic

Those that are trying to achieve EIB and centurion currently, would you like me to reach out to them to tell them that until the crls are concreted, there is no moving forward in their applications. Not yet. As how can one grant them the levels without clear concise details and costuming rules to follow. We will get them. As best as we can.

I’m happy to respond to them if needing or wishing.

• 2 months later...

Not sure How everyone is situated but we have a few weeks left before elections that could be used to put thought into these CRL's.

Hopefully they get the attention they deserve after the fun and games of the 501st political season. Just wanted to bump the thread to keep it front of mind :)

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Psst.
Ok.
Let’s do this.
Let’s kick the new term off with this Captains CRL.
I just need a bit of discussion before I get going.

Hoping you are all well.
Congratulations to everyone on another term, and for surviving this all somehow to date.
And again to you Andrew, for remaining in your DL position uncontested. A testament for us all.

Original TFA CRL discussion from 2015

2017 re write of CRL thread

TLJ Phasma original CRL thread

https://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/43616-tlj-captain-phasma-crl-thread/?tab=comments#comment-586566

• Like 1

Unfortunately some of the threads are void of images as the links are broken.

I'll fix the photobucket water marks though so they will be easy to see.

• Like 1

Fixed what I could, but looking much better.

Unfortunately all of Ingrid (Ladyinwhite) images are broken links and I can not restore them.:(

• Sly11 changed the title to Phasma TFA / TLJ CRL Work flow