TLJ / TROS CRL Update Work Flow

2 hours ago, Chemi said:

About the D-Ring of the F11D(I would add a couple of details):

- D-Ring(rectangular) shall be present on the rear end cap.  D-Ring and the mount painted white. 

D ring info added.

• Like 1

OK, so I hate to throw a spanner into the works, but for clarity should this at least be somewhat defined?  i.e. "Cod sides are straight, not curved like TFA and have distinct ridges on each side".

TLJ correct cod is required.  Must replace image with correct cod

The first pics is an Anovos TLJ cod showing both the straight sides and the ridges.  I copied it off of an app, so it has a green tinge from the background but it is a good example imo.

Anovos TLJ                                       Anovos TFA

jKgl5bV.png?1        0OVShNg.jpg?1

As seen above, these are WAY different.

• Like 2

We have been mentioning the correct TLJ forearms shape and recently Glen has pointed another detail for the Executioner

FOREARMS

OPTIONAL Level two certification (if applicable):

• Correct TLJ Forearm must be present. (Must replace image with correct forearm)
  • On the ridged rail the third retaining button head closest to elbow is to be painted grey or is a grey decal.
  • · The boxes should sit against the forearm with minimal to no gap.

TLJ-E have another piece/detail/strip/raised area on the inner top of the forearm

arms.thumb.png.40805f690b40a10f10e64f3a414f1753.png

10 hours ago, TKSpartan said:

We have been mentioning the correct TLJ forearms shape and recently Glen has pointed another detail for the Executioner

FOREARMS

OPTIONAL Level two certification (if applicable):

• Correct TLJ Forearm must be present. (Must replace image with correct forearm)
  • On the ridged rail the third retaining button head closest to elbow is to be painted grey or is a grey decal.
  • · The boxes should sit against the forearm with minimal to no gap.

TLJ-E have another piece/detail/strip/raised area on the inner top of the forearm

arms.thumb.png.40805f690b40a10f10e64f3a414f1753.png

I think it's safe to say, we will be replacing all photos in this CRL with a new model at the top included.

As to the fore arms, this may be a little more difficult. Currently we have no maker that supplies them accurately. If this mod is not reasonably easy to make, then we are basically stopping many from reaching Centurion based on this item alone.

My take on updates is simple.

If it's generally an easy mod, then make the change.

If it is not, then work towards making it easy, like I have done with the Thermal Detonator. (commissioned someone to make a 3D file so the changes that should be present are present and make it accessible for any that want to achieve that accuracy).

If we want to make a change like this, then I would suggest we need more imagery and clear shots from several angles to make sure we have enough information and at least attempt to get someone onboard to make it available so anyone can achieve it, not just a few that are well practiced or skilled.

Glen will state most things are easy but he has built more costumes and armour than anyone I know lol, so that doesn't count :P:D.

• Like 2

• Sly11 changed the title to TLJ / TROS CRL Update Work Flow
On 8/23/2021 at 1:03 PM, justjoseph63 said:

OK, so I hate to throw a spanner into the works, but for clarity should this at least be somewhat defined?  i.e. "Cod sides are straight, not curved like TFA and have distinct ridges on each side".

TLJ correct cod is required.  Must replace image with correct cod

The first pics is an Anovos TLJ cod showing both the straight sides and the ridges.  I copied it off of an app, so it has a green tinge from the background but it is a good example imo.

Anovos TLJ                                       Anovos TFA

jKgl5bV.png?1        0OVShNg.jpg?1

As seen above, these are WAY different.

100%, we sure will address the details of the cod with an updated image and explanation on the shape. Anomalies in TLJ should be considered the same as anomalies in the other films and as such are not the norm.

Just a question about hand plates as there seems to be some differences on what I see on the CRL, screen grabs and people’s builds

The small recessed oval by the index finger.

Should that be white or black?

CRL pic is white
Screen grab looks white.
Lots of builds I see, including an EIB/Cent, have it painted black/vinyl

e76abfd0abee71259c58b10c0bc898eb.jpg

I think we accepted the black because most vac formed hand plates had a shallow slot. It’s also a carry over from the old TFA CRL that I think needs to be updated here.

As a mod it’s relatively easy to do for ABS hand plates by cutting out the depression and backing it with a strip of scrap ABS . Alternatively you can buy cast from original resin hand plates, so the options already exist.

I think this could be a level 2 EI addition quote easily.

23 hours ago, funkster said:

7f6e158cf0226b5c8522ed3ebaa6fe37.jpg

How’s that look?

Need to see the other side of the forearm. There is a distinct extra strip showing on the Executioner image. 
This is what we need some more references of to make an educated decision  on . We should not be inclined to make a change based on one blury image.

Still working on these but so far.

TFA cocking lever on left, channel also on left side

cock.thumb.png.d5c9d3badcd6be6ac8e552bed2257174.png

Silver D ring mount but no D ring

cock6.thumb.png.ae98750494f9ada8def8067d26b7086b.png

cockholes3.png.02329be1076e1cea65653266bd07da3c.png

TLJ no cocking lever, channel on right side, white D ring and white mount

cockno2.thumb.png.a4241019c94c582efc59140cd7027863.png

cockno1.png

TROS no cocking lever, channel on right side, white D ring and white mount

cock2.png.0727ae2296171df2ed6cd37e8ab29013.png

cockno5.png.914c3e086e51d37ac0aa2fd96e96993d.png

TROS cocking lever on left, channel on right side

cock1.png.558dd545452aefde2191a16fbdd6e08f.png

cock3.thumb.png.d8129de50855a53b49cb11949101782a.png

cock4.png.3de2a3f5a40cdbe0a337cdec218c6664.png

TFA no holes in top of barrel

cockholes.png.a9de8497e93444e58aef88d62c595e7f.png

cockholes2.thumb.png.a995497ff62734e10748f8da9d55dcfd.png

TLJ 2 holes in top of barrel, one front one back

cockno4.thumb.png.1546b87a03b5ac1368ce34b3774ddfa9.png

TROS holes in top of barrel one front one backcockno3.png.ac581a6b8c1d05553091fc0ba52c2175.png

TROS No holes in top of barrel

cock3.thumb.png.d8129de50855a53b49cb11949101782a.png

• Like 1

Endcap differnece TFA to TLJ/TROS

Also TFA D ring black and mount is silver.

TLJ/TROS D ring white and mount is white

blas1.png.76dd4e6abd0cfa090bee8b096ebce6da.png

Endcap Clip difference TFA to TLJ/TROS (rounded on end on TFA, square on TLJ/TROS)

clip.png.40c7b2276d0309f5d3f16c27d3321e8a.png

Is anyone making a TLJ or Tros specific blaster presently?

Barrel holes would be easy to fill, end cap grove would be easy to paint black or trim out if it is not there, but need a clear reference for the end cap clip.

Basic no weapon is needed, at EI I would suggest correct paint scheme, and for centurion greebs, holes  finer details should be correct for each film.

25 minutes ago, Sly11 said:

I don't know, I'm just pointing out the differences, whether they are included or not is up to yourself and the membership.

27 minutes ago, Sly11 said:

Basic no weapon is needed, at EI I would suggest correct paint scheme, and for centurion greebs, holes finer details should be correct for each film.

I agree

• Like 1

Ridge around barrel, rear of Hengslter

TFA ridge

TLJ/TROS no ridge

TFA Heavy ridge

TROS Heavy ridge

10295269_TLJridge.thumb.png.d1335eeb95613e7307a145577219d919.png

• 4 weeks later...

At the stage we are now, we need a New Model with correct Cod, Fore arm cut and TD to move forward.

Blaster section is going to need a substantial re write.

I have requested access to the CRL to make the TD seam mod that we did for TFA to at least clear that up for the time being.

We can use my build for the TLJ blaster, just need feedback on what to fix as I go along.

I will also have the separate tube for the TD.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, LTM said:

We can use my build for the TLJ blaster, just need feedback on what to fix as I go along.

I will also have the separate tube for the TD.

Good, we will need images of both the TD and the correct blaster paint scheme for TLJ.

We still need to get the language right for the blaster lvl 2 and 3 but those changes wont come into full effect until we can replace all the required images.

As no blaster is required at basic, your F11 build can be more accurate and to the TLJ version, so you will have that all ready to go for the higher levels.

On 9/5/2021 at 11:10 PM, Sly11 said:

FWIW the5thhorseman 3d file from here are TFA. to make it TLJ I drilled out the extra 2 holes and made a picatinny rail attachment.  I hadn't noticed the lack of cocking handle but that will save me some painting.

• Like 1

Barrel holes would be easy to fill, end cap grove would be easy to paint black or trim out if it is not there, but need a clear reference for the end cap clip.
Basic no weapon is needed, at EI I would suggest correct paint scheme, and for centurion greebs, holes  finer details should be correct for each film.

I thought I was by adding the barrel holes, picatinny rail and D-ring

But now I’ve seen the other parts it would seem I’m not

Just been through all the brilliant images Glen posted to try and break down to a "final" list of differences that need to be applied to a TFA Standard F-11D to make it closer to a TLJ/TROS(?).  I've not looked at the Heavy variant, but there looks like less/no real changes there.

Changes to be made to a TFA F-11D to make it TLJ.

1. D ring mount painted white not silver (metal)
  2. Rectangular D ring ( TFA not present)
  3. No cocking lever
  4. Cocking lever channel has swapped sides, now on right (same side as Hengstler)
  5. End cap full cut out on top front edge, not just a recess.
  6. Additional holes on top of front barrel at front and rear ~11mm diameter
  7. Picatinny rail and mount bracket on front barrel right side approx. half way down.
  8. "Dipped" ring into rear barrel just behind Hengstler removed.
  9. End cap clip squared off at end cap end.
  10. Edit: front sight is painted black not silver

I believe that is everything spotted above.

Looking at the image with the title "TROS No holes in top of barrel" I wonder if these are TFA style blasters as the cocking lever is back on the left, and there are no additional barrel holes.  The only other "easy" to see tell would be the D ring boss and that's not visible.

I've started on updating the Standard variant Horseman files as needed for this already (will post in my WIP when done)

• Like 1

• 4 months later...

I had been trying to update Tony's very first post with the information/wording, but think we need a thorough run through everything as I'm sure there is info i have missed or more recent additions i have not edited into that initial post.