Best way to clean armor - what really works?

I will sticky good replies as even for me the search doesn't always work, and the TIPS and HOWTO area hasn't been updated in ages.

I have brown stains on my belt and am trying to figure out the best way to get them off.  Seems almost like makeup or something.  Maybe novus, but would a magic eraser also work?

20200223_124640.jpg?width=428&height=571

If it's makeup novus 1 will take it off. I never use a magic eraser because it's a sanding block!! For regular maintenance I just use #1 and car wash detail rag. After so many troops I'll go over the whole armor with #2 working in small circles across all pieces. Once dry I buff that off with another detail towel and follow up with the #1 again. Finally finishing off with a final buff. 

A 100% of the time it works all the time!:smiley-sw013:

Gonna be a lot of the same answers. Magic eraser all day for on the spot cleans, and the Novus (or similar) polishing process. I think Trooperbay also has a product that helps with yellowing if that is an issue.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Have seen these type of stain before.
The only way to remove it is I with wet n dry sandpaper. Start with a light sand using 800 then move to 1200 grit.
Once the bulk of it is removed Novus 3 then 2 finally buff with 1
I have had a few of this type of Mark appear on my kit and it worked fine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I had some black stains on my FOTK, made soft pouches to keep the paint from being chipped scratched but used black material, had it handy, didn't think the die would run, anyway I used automotive cutting compound which did get the stains out, then went over with a final glaze polish to bring back the shine.

Looking at the color, it seems as if it's very specific to those areas.  As the only tan color on the costume is on the holster straps, were they in contact at some point (during storage, perhaps)?