TK-77712 Requesting ANH STUNT EIB Status (AP) (953)

Mandatory Information

Name = Robert B
TK ID = 77712
Legion Profile = https://www.501st.com/members/displaymemberdetails.php?userID=31441
Garrison/Squad = Japanese Garrison
Forum Name = Husky68
Armor = Authentic Props
Helmet = Authentic Props
Blaster= 3D printed

Optional

Height = 5' 10"
Weight = 96kg
Boots = Imperial Boots
Ammo belt = Authentic Props
Canvas belt = Authentic Props
Holster = Authentic Props
Hand Plates = latex, Authentic Props
Electronics = iComm, UKSWrath Amp, UKSWrath Hovi Tips
Neck Seal = Trooperbay

LoXUkva.jpg

b66HbMx.jpg

0ftQiNn.jpg

jjXlxsg.jpg

ZxG6tjZ.jpg?1

rUsARqP.jpg

n8drSwu.jpg

TfVYifH.jpg?1

cUggiyv.jpg

Th18u3A.jpg

tDCMgUl.jpg

zxVo8Wg.jpg?1

6DpeEEg.jpg

M86dFrR.jpg?1

q5MkOah.jpg

EAylwub.jpg?1

YI69dJf.jpg

SdSx9Sq.jpg

i9Kgem9.jpg

LH5SqLU.jpg

Nice work trooper, just a couple of things you may need to address.

Remove a little paint from the teeth area, you have just couple of areas they appear to go onto the gums 

Frown is painted gray and does not leave the teeth area

cUggiyv.jpgANHSTUNTfrown2

Also not sure if your shins are close all the way at the back but you do have a gap at the top on the ridges perhaps if they are closed add some strips of abs behind, compare with the CRL reference 

jjXlxsg.jpgTK anh stunt.jpeg

ScreenShot72515.jpg

Good luck with approval trooper

• Like 1

7 hours ago, gmrhodes13 said:

Also not sure if your shins are close all the way at the back but you do have a gap at the top on the ridges perhaps if they are closed add some strips of abs behind, compare with the CRL reference 

My calves prevented from closing the shins so I made a lock system and covered the gap with cover strip of required size for lvl 3. 

OPTIONAL Level three certification (if applicable):

• Any mobility cuts on back of piece do not go past raised ridges.

Although not a mobility cut I believe with the height of the cover strip I would not be below the raised ridge and for EIB this might be acceptable?  I'd prefer not to build fake ridges unless absolutely required.

7 hours ago, gmrhodes13 said:

Remove a little paint from the teeth area, you have just couple of areas they appear to go onto the gums 

This is an easy fix,  will get this done and post new pictures.

Mobility cuts are a little different to just an opening in the middle of the ridge as shown below. Because of the gap you already have between your thighs and shins I personally wouldn't cut out the extra I would fill the gp in the ridge, but it's a Deployment Officer call so you can wait for what they say.

3MPHigz.jpg

Amazing job getting all the print lines out of your blaster!! 

In reference to your calf's, the biggest issue I see is they're not closed, and as Glen said its up to your deployment officer but I would address that. 

rnY1HY4m.jpg

Edited by msouza

10 hours ago, msouza said:

Amazing job getting all the print lines out of your blaster!! 

In reference to your calf's, the biggest issue I see is they're not closed, and as Glen said its up to your deployment officer but I would address that. 

rnY1HY4m.jpg

I helped Robert with the photos and the calf halves shifted a bit when I was aligning the thighs and calves for the front photo. Normally they are closed and do not show any opening. A slight twist back in one direction and the halves line up nicely and are fully closed. 

• Like 2

Hi Robert, Nice to see you're going for higher levels.   :th_AnimatedBravoSmiley:

I would suggest to add some photos that I'm sure the D.O. team surely will ask you for.

1-  Knee Ammo pack  Outer and Inner Rivet right and left side.

2- Close Photo of Cod Rivets

3- Front, Right and Left side of your Sniper Knee

Good Luck with your request.  

Cheers 

• Like 2

Looking sharp, Robert, and thank you for your Expert Infantry submission!  As Mario mentioned, please include the extra photos he listed (no need to get suited up).  Also, please add some side views of the thigh ammo pack.  As soon as ya' get that done we can get started.   THANKS!!  :salute:

• Like 2

My sincere apologies, Robert, but Brian Mentioned that: "I helped Robert with the photos and the calf halves shifted a bit when I was aligning the thighs and calves for the front photo. Normally they are closed and do not show any opening. A slight twist back in one direction and the halves line up nicely and are fully closed".

Can you add an updated photo of those as well?  Again, no need to get fully suited up, just the calves.   THANKS!!!  :jc_doublethumbup:

Side note:  AWESOME job on that 3D blaster!!  No print lines.. I wish all those who 3D print their weapons could see what can be achieved with some serious sanding and filler. WELL DONE!

• Like 2

Hi Robert, and thank you for your EI submission!  In the following review I will be going over a few items pertaining to your current submission, as well as those that will be required for Centurion level should you choose to apply. (And I hope you do)!! 

That being said, let's get started!

CRL and EIB Application Requirements:

All required submission photos have been posted and I am very pleased to announce your armor displays all the necessary elements to qualify for ANH Stunt Expert Infantry. On behalf of the D.O. Staff, Congratulations!   :salute:

Other-Armor Fit/Assembly:

In this section we review observations made by your fellow troopers and ourselves. Some observations may lead to suggestions to improve the overall look of your armor.  Note that we consider both text (CRL) and pictures (screen caps/reference images) when reviewing submissions.

Starting at the top, your ears are a little off-kilter.  Ideally, the top screw should sit just below the the bottom corner of the trap and the bottoms should follow in the same line.  Not a deal breaker for L3, but something to consider.

Reference images

B58pSNj.jpg         aqL1Zj9.jpg?2  oYDEzWK.jpg?1

OUTSTANDING paint job on those ear bars, brother... among the best I've seen, but while the decals on your traps/tears is nice and shiny, it appears as if you used a flat/matte finish paint on them which kind of throws off the overall look.  If you look at the reference images you can clearly see a sheen where the light reflects off of them.  We are suggesting that you use a semi-gloss (or at least a satin finish) to make them look their best!

Reference images

OJu47xR.jpg?1                     RDoeaRS.jpg?1  8umlNh9.jpg?1

The same with the frown paint.

Reference images

kSp6xZC.jpg?2             1CdWdgL.jpg?1  Lyhz4NM.jpg?1

For a better look, the bottoms of the calves could definitely be tapered in a bit more.

Reference image

OcLM5Jp.jpg                        hcTiRGe.jpg?2

Centurion Requirements

In this section we prepare you for Centurion. More photos may be requested in the future that allow us to make better decisions on possible adjustments. If there are any areas of concern they will be discussed here.

Because Centurion photos show much more detail than EIB, items to pertaining to Centurion might be seen there and not here. We try to point out all that we can from what is seen, but the final accuracy is the responsibility of the trooper.

Before you read this section, remember that it's the small details that really count when it comes to Level 3.  Using your obviously awesome build skills, you should be able to knock out the following issues in an afternoon!  The TD may take a bit longer, but I have faith in you!  Let's get to it, brother:

While the right one is close, the bottom left ear screw could use a little work.  As per the CRL for Level 3, "Ear screws shall be .... countersunk..."

Left                                                      Right                                                                                     Reference images

H4YHmW8.jpg    Xetd8Qf.jpg              zxCJCX6.jpg?1   Qcrs8me.jpg?1

Although they may actually be present, I can't see the thin white elastic bands that hold down the shoulder straps.  Be sure to add a close-up of these  if when you submit for Centurion.  Easiest fix ever!

Reference images

rdvD1c1.jpg               0GLn4SI.jpg   L7yWQRK.jpg?1

The gaps on the sides of your shoulder bells are SUPER close, which is what we like to see, but since you have the room we would like the tops of the bells as close to the bridges as possible to eliminate the gaps at the tops.  Some quick strapping adjustments would do the trick!  If you need a quick way to do this, just PM me.

Reference images

dAfiESo.jpg?1          jmAkxy9.jpg?2  vsUjcqO.jpg?2

Your TD plate is sitting REALLY far back, and will need to be re-positioned.  Your O ring is actually facing the rear and is barely visible but it should be facing upward, and the button panel should face outward.  Unfortunately, in order to do this, the length of the clips will need to be reduced at the bottom.  Note in the first reference/comparison image that the end of the clip at the bottom can barely be seen.

NOTE:  If you don't want to cut the clip down, I have another idea that may work and save you some time/effort.  Just let me know.

Reference/comparison image

ezSFUKa.jpg tKPUGhy.jpg   jLy8ho8.jpg

Reference images

rbUnvHL.jpg?1   jjQ6iaE.jpg?1

This issue could very well be a lack of a clear/close-up photo Robert.  AMAZING paint job on those ab-buttons (WOW), but as per the CRL the paint cannot extend beyond the bottom of the raised button.  A side view may help.

hNeaN0l.jpg?1                     VZSy7dZ.jpg    ozqQmc3.jpg?1

As per the CRL, for Level 3 the ABS belt should "....sit at or just above the bottom of the central and vertical ab button panels".  Raising this half or even a quarter of an inch (6-12mm) would make a huge difference.

Reference image

M7FsVH8.jpg?1  3nkGdci.jpg?1  

Reference image

pQi6MkK.jpg

While the tops of your drop boxes are positioned perfectly against the bottom of the ABS belt, they need to be scootched out to where the sides are parallel with the outer edge of it.  This is a super easy item to remedy... just slide the connecting loop out toward the end some, add a few dabs of E-6000 and you are golden!

Reference images

r48uO5b.jpg?1     fVRPlfr.jpg          JuwSduC.jpg?1  vo0s2dK.png?1 

Although it's a tiny one, there should not be a clearly visible gap on the rear ridge at the bottom of your left thigh.  (The right one looks GREAT)! Another crazy-easy fix!  You can just glue a piece of ABS behind it, or if you want to go all-out you can fill it with ABS paste (or even white E-6000).  The choice is yours, and either would work,

Reference images

VmEm9jh.jpg             RlW6Q3x.jpg?1   BEY3WIy.jpg?1

The same with the front of the left thigh.  Since the front has a higher visibility, I would suggest filling it or actually raising the ammo pack to cover it.  Again, it's the small things like these that are important for the top tier.

Reference images

7JLo6IN.png?1   mBkUkni.jpg?1 0QEApFl.jpg?2

Up last are the tops of the calves in the rear.  Since you can't really close up those gaps, the next best (and easy) thing is to turn them into "mobility cuts" as seen on many of the troopers in the films.  This should take all of 10 minutes and would give you a much better look.  You will not need to do the same thing with the bottoms of the thighs in the rear (unless you want to).

z5eH9Oi.jpg?1   g0ZjtPf.jpg?1  gHsVX6h.jpg?1

And that's it, Robert.  Like I mentioned, a few hours (or less) of work and this set of armor will look spectacular!  I honestly hope you will take these items to heart so that we will see a Centurion submission from you soon, brother.  If we can be of any help, just ask.  Now, get out and make Lord Vader and the Japanese Garrison proud as their newest EI trooper!!  :salute:

• Like 1

• justjoseph63 changed the title to TK-77712 Requesting ANH STUNT EIB Status (AP) (953)

Thank you very much, I am very happy to have EIB.

I appreciate all the effort in making detailed suggestions. It will help me improve my armor even further.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

22 minutes ago, husky68 said:

I appreciate all the effort in making detailed suggestions. It will help me improve my armor even further.

Now that's the spirit, Robert!  Looking forward to seeing the results!  :salute:

• Like 1

Congrats Robert! I look forward to following in your footsteps, and using your submission as a reference! As Joseph pointed out, your paint job is AMAZING!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 2