TerribleBens R1TK adventure

TerribleBen

On 8/11/2020 at 12:33 PM, TerribleBen said:

.l0N7tnQ.jpg

Very nice, the only thing I would try to change would be the brow trim paint, looks a little textured

large.rogue-one-stormtrooper-reference-c

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, TerribleBen said:

Yeah flexseal spray. Didn't go off well.....I will have to address at some point. Eager to work on my armor so it will wait. 

You may even be lucky to sand the texture down and there may be enough paint to either apply some polish or perhaps a matt/satin clear BUT I can understand the eagerness to get on to the armor ;) 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

First of many ;) Once you get your thighs on you will be able to see how the cod is sitting better and whether you will need bring upwards or trim

looks good, try putting the criss-cross of the straps on the back rather than the front and see if it feels better. It did for me but may not be same for you.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

We've recently added some more images to the gallery sections if you weren't aware ;) https://www.whitearmor.net/forum/gallery/category/28-r1-tk-reference/

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Slow but sure!  Thighs are done, this is how i went about fixing the 850AW right thigh problem. you can see the gap in a past post.  I have read some others have this problem, bad pull or mold? Anyway starting on my greaves.......img%5Dimg%5Dimg%5D

• 3 weeks later...

My question is sniper knee and thigh ammo pack before or after paint.  I already decided the front torso details will be painted before mounting.  This forum is awesome and I have learned so much on this adventure. Thanks to all Ben

14 hours ago, TerribleBen said:

Hey thanks for the advise. The reason I asked is all the gaps around the pieces of armor and how the paint will look ....Not reaching into the gaps. Maybe white primer then the gloss. Not sure

Personally, I painted all of my pieces separately, then assembled, to ensure good paint coverage in all of the gaps. I went back and scuffed up any non-visible contact surfaces before gluing though to help with the mechanical adhesion of the glue. Good luck!

• Like 1