ANH Stunt - belt attachment suggestion

Hi all,

Whilst recently helping a trooper with his build I noticed a discrepancy with the below Billgram. Many troopers follow this guide and leave approx 20mm between the main plastic ammo belt and the first holster fixing.

As below, I believe that the reference images from the movie troopers confirms that this should be more like 40mm.

I would suggest that we suggest this approx distance for any future builds.

40afe93d1b39c55ff797056b93ae589d.jpg

ad3fa129aea0147ae0b078a7bf728e4d.jpg

Please sticky if deemed appropriate.

Best wishes

Dan

• Like 3

This is one of those way outdated images which are still referenced, hopefully when the How To sections get a good going through some of the basic info and images can be updated. I know when I started I used Billhags images a lot but looking back they are pretty outdated with some details compared to what we know now. 

• Like 1

Hi all,

Whilst recently helping a trooper with his build I noticed a discrepancy with the below Billgram. Many troopers follow this guide and leave approx 20mm between the main plastic ammo belt and the first holster fixing.

As below, I believe that the reference images from the movie troopers confirms that this should be more like 40mm.

I would suggest that we suggest this approx distance for any future builds.

40afe93d1b39c55ff797056b93ae589d.jpg&key=c504c9e32d2898b371c8ea8b2957a2a20cfa00c9d74b4fa77a38a6d209387b2a

ad3fa129aea0147ae0b078a7bf728e4d.jpg&key=d5819da019127a1df163161e637ab214ff047afa6152243f48ffebda13ddf96c

Please sticky if deemed appropriate.

Best wishes

Dan

Excellent post

Sent from my GM1900 using Tapatalk

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

Oh man this makes me nervous since my BBB Day was last week and I have all the Billgrams printed and ready to be used as references. I had planned to post photos with questions on my build thread before making unrecoverable cuts or hole snap/rivet holes, so maybe I’ll still be ok.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

12 hours ago, MaskedVengeance said:

Oh man this makes me nervous since my BBB Day was last week and I have all the Billgrams printed and ready to be used as references. I had planned to post photos with questions on my build thread before making unrecoverable cuts or hole snap/rivet holes, so maybe I’ll still be ok.

Hi Caleb,

Yes, always best to ask before you cut.

And, whilst the tutorials and diagrams like this are a great idea, remember to always check screen shots from the movies as reference. You can't get better than the source material. :jc_doublethumbup:

Dan

12 hours ago, ABS80 said:

I put mine at 1" from plastic belt and holes 12 cm apart

Hi Mark,

I make that about 25mm. Personally, I'd be tempted to suggest more like 1.5" for new recruits, just to be a little closer to the screen used suits. 

Each to their own though, and we are talking small differences here. :-)

Best wishes,

Dan

• Like 1

6 hours ago, CableGuy said:

Hi Mark,

I make that about 25mm. Personally, I'd be tempted to suggest more like 1.5" for new recruits, just to be a little closer to the screen used suits. 

Each to their own though, and we are talking small differences here. :-)

Best wishes,

Dan

Yes 1.5" would be a good compromise though 2" looks closer to screen accurate but personally I find 2" a bit to far off center

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, ABS80 said:

Yes 1.5" would be a good compromise though 2" looks closer to screen accurate but personally I find 2" a bit to far off center

If you do the scaling, the rivets vary between 30mm to 40mm away from the end of the ammo belt. That's 1 3/16" to 1 37/64" in your language :D 

• Like 1

• 5 months later...

I don't think this guy got the memo 

nXQIBr1.png

Bit late to this conversation but we should note that the Hero version should stay at  @ 2cm

EIcJVzh.png

ZJxBCky.png

But then if we start looking into the lengths of the holster straps the majority are longer than 2.5cm 1" so should that measurement be also changed?

Only one trooper below has @ 2.5cm 

5RUScYF.png

• Like 3

I don't think this guy got the memo 
nXQIBr1.png&key=093e518f3508a314a313a47f71a25788e6d28d722a8108d17e7afde162476198

Bit late to this conversation but we should note that the Hero version should stay at  @ 2cm
EIcJVzh.png&key=bbd91913ce09e32210a340e91cc30226304a969f3469426943d0407024d575bf
ZJxBCky.png&key=5101c3b62e6673dd64ae56ba266da05d679db8260d06ef53d952b2353f0a1470

But then if we start looking into the lengths of the holster straps the majority are longer than 2.5cm 1" so should that measurement be also changed?

Only one trooper below has @ 2.5cm 
5RUScYF.png&key=4ceab65eb99ded62f08e00746ee630c2d1fa1b50ceef6ec384ab7f6744dbc97b

Oh yes - Luke’s is very close. Whereas Han’s follows the 3-4cm suggestion. Typical ANH. ;-)

Good point on the holster strap length.

As far as I see it from a general sense, unless you are going to put measurements in the CRL, no one is going to put a measuring tape across application images and scale them to check. You also then need to think how GML's will look at a hard number and hold up applications unnecessarily on something that tends to vary across the screen suits.

@Dan, in made a post in Staff area which you may be interested in chiming in on, it wont be too hard to work out which one I am referring to ;)

As far as I see it from a general sense, unless you are going to put measurements in the CRL, no one is going to put a measuring tape across application images and scale them to check. You also then need to think how GML's will look at a hard number and hold up applications unnecessarily on something that tends to vary across the screen suits.
@Dan, in made a post in Staff area which you may be interested in chiming in on, it wont be too hard to work out which one I am referring to

Hi Andrew,

Yeah, no need for measurements in the CRL for this; my point was more that this sort of “reference”, when viewed more recently with much more hi res reference material to go from, is actually quite misleading. Many new troopers will look at these sorts of guides and follow them to the letter. When one becomes out of date, like this one, new builders are actually continuing their builds with incorrect information. As such, we fail to progress as a legion in terms of quality of costumes.

So, this was really more to alert new builders to what I believe is a more accurate measurement.

I certainly don’t think actual measurements should be added to the CRL for this. As with most things ANH, it should be about “looking” right and proportional, not about exact measurements.

Oh, btw, I’ll give that other question some thought. No idea why you thought of me with that one.......lol
  • Like 1

• Sly11 featured this topic

Maybe you can be the new Billhag diagram creator to update these Dan? it's not a bad idea.

No Glen, you do enough around here already :laugh1: let someone else have a go :P

3 hours ago, Sly11 said:

@Dan, in made a post in Staff area which you may be interested in chiming in on, it wont be too hard to work out which one I am referring to.

2 hours ago, CableGuy said:

Oh, btw, I’ll give that other question some thought. No idea why you thought of me with that one.......lol

I can only assume this has something to do with tube stripes. Or at least be helmet-related. Haha.

2 hours ago, Sly11 said:

No Glen, you do enough around here already :laugh1: let someone else have a go :P

Preemptive shut-down. lol. Knowing Glen, he probably already has a whole new set complete and ready for publication...

Well, I'm just now seeing this thread after finishing my belt two days ago using the Billhag diagram. I will be re-doing the belt, my most pertinent question is whether the change needs to be made prior to submitting for EIB or can I do it prior to Centurion?

• Like 1

Well, I'm just now seeing this thread after finishing my belt two days ago using the Billhag diagram. I will be re-doing the belt, my most pertinent question is whether the change needs to be made prior to submitting for EIB or can I do it prior to Centurion?

Hiya,

To my knowledge, no. I don’t believe this is specific in the CRL. This was just a suggestion for accuracy rather than CRL, or higher levels, related.
  • Like 1

After updating the image yesterday I thought I'd just go check any difference between the Hero positions with Han and Luke this morning and yes both are differently placed, Han's is further back and short straps and Luke is close to belt with longer straps, may have to update the image yet again with optional positioning for Hero ;)

imageproxy.png

• Like 1

After updating the image yesterday I thought I'd just go check any difference between Han and Luke this morning and yes both are differently placed, Hans is further back and short straps and Luke is close to belt with longer straps, may have to update the image yet again 

imageproxy.png.031c83e3735b9777260ebabd8bfa7cd7.png

Excellent work, Glen. :-)

This was really just for my own curiosity, comparison of Han and Luke's holster attachments.

gIb1RwR.jpg

wAuLn8T.jpg

So guess we need both :laugh1:

bl96jhU.png

But seriously though I guess if you are within this range you should be good to go ;) 

• Like 3

And again just for my own curiosity, Stunt comparisons and I'm not seeing any holster attachments with a 1" gap from plastic belt, the only one I've found to date is Luke's Hero.

Lengths of the straps do vary quite a lot from 1" to 2 1/2"

Y9yWF3h.jpg

iUZEoDS.png

And for those of you who spotted the weird looking holster and attachment there is a great thread here all about it https://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/33971-possible-alternative-anh-holster/

And although it was believed that only 1 trooper had this holster and belt attachment there was actually 2, easy to spot in this image as the holsters are a lot shorter than a standard E-11 holster

23109820611_21c1980525_b.jpg&key=fc17980

• Like 3