Completly new in everything

Hello, let me introduce myself. 

I am a complete newbie in all of this, all of it. I have never cosplayed anything, I haven't build any armor or anything like that. As I say, completley new. 

The thing I do love and (I want to think) I know a lot of, is Star Wars. That being so, the idea of the 501st, costumes and all this stuff had sometimes popped in my head, but always like a hypothetical thing, never a real one. Now, though, I am pretty sure I want to start the journey of costumes and cosplay, so what better to start than my favourite saga.

I have been reading through the threads but I'm not yet sure about which armor supplier to buy to, if to buy it all build up or by parts... I don't know anything, I don't even know if I'm posting this at the right forum. 

Being the such inexpert I am, I'd like to know what would some of you, being as veterans as you are, think is the best thing to do in my place. 

Thank you very much for reading all this, I hope I make a good stormtrooper.

• Like 1

Welcome aboard, Llorenç. You’ve come to the home of the Imperial Stormtrooper. :-)

Personally, I would suggest you purchase your armour, when you are ready, in one go. If you purchase in various goes, you run the risk of the plastic being different shades of white. Not a good look. Trust me, it’ll be worth the wait.

Regarding suppliers, this is a really good read;

https://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/11538-the-various-types-of-armor-and-where-to-find-them/

Take a look at these suppliers and their various price points. Then, compare pictures of what they are offering against real stormtroopers one the movies. You’ll then be able to choose the best looking kit for your budget.

Before you spend any of your hard earned money, I’d recommend you post your thoughts here. We have a lot of experienced members that might be able to guide you to, or away from, certain suppliers etc.

Any other questions, don’t hesitate to ask. :-)

Best wishes
Dan/CableGuy

• Like 1

Hello and welcome aboard, researching is the key so you are on the right path, as well as going through the "Getting Started" section you could also perhaps have a look through some of the build threads, will give you a good idea of different armor and the building process.

Good luck and hope to see a build thread from you soon.

4 hours ago, CableGuy said:

Welcome aboard, Llorenç. You’ve come to the home of the Imperial Stormtrooper. :-)

Personally, I would suggest you purchase your armour, when you are ready, in one go. If you purchase in various goes, you run the risk of the plastic being different shades of white. Not a good look. Trust me, it’ll be worth the wait.

Regarding suppliers, this is a really good read;

https://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/11538-the-various-types-of-armor-and-where-to-find-them/

Take a look at these suppliers and their various price points. Then, compare pictures of what they are offering against real stormtroopers one the movies. You’ll then be able to choose the best looking kit for your budget.

Before you spend any of your hard earned money, I’d recommend you post your thoughts here. We have a lot of experienced members that might be able to guide you to, or away from, certain suppliers etc.

Any other questions, don’t hesitate to ask. :-)

Best wishes
Dan/CableGuy

Thank you very much for the answer, I'll be checking the different suppliers

• Like 1

Hello and welcome to the FISD. Something I often recommend, is to get in contact with your local Garrison. You currently have no location info in your profile, but if you let us know where you are living, we can help. Meeting these people will help you in so many ways and seeing armors of different makers in person, really trains your eyes for the small variations and details.

• Like 1

Hello and welcome to the FISD. Something I often recommend, is to get in contact with your local Garrison. You currently have no location info in your profile, but if you let us know where you are living, we can help. Meeting these people will help you in so many ways and seeing armors of different makers in person, really trains your eyes for the small variations and details.
I second this advise, I reached out to my local outpost at the start of my first build. Having local support accompanied with advice from the forums and you'll be a Stormtrooper in no time.

And welcome to the FISD future trooper.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Welcome aboard, looks like the troopers have offered some great advice.
We are at your service so ask plenty of questions.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Glad to have you here on the FISD, sir!  I assure you that you have come to the right place to learn all there is to know about purchasing and building armor.  Lots of fine folks here willing and ready to offer advice and assist you every step of the way on your journey to becoming a Stormtrooper!  As others have mentioned here, research is the key, but always feel free to ask any and all questions you may have.  We are here to help!

• Like 1

Thanks to everyone for answering the post, I was expecting support but not so many nor so quickly! I'll be checking my local garrison, which I suppose is the Spanish one, and will continue resarching through the forums, thank you ver much to all of you!!

• Like 2

Since you will be in the Spanish Garrison, I will get in touch with Carolina (tigressa) who is one of our Imperial Attaches there,  She should send you a PM with the next few days and can help you out on a more local level, but we are here as well!

Hola Llorenç,,

¡¡¡ Bienvenido a nuestro destacamento !!!

Te mando un PM para que pueda ayudarte en todo el proceso tanto de compra como de montaje de la armadura y que puedas montarla al máximo nivel de screen accurate que es el nivel Centurion.

Un saludo :salute:

• Like 2