First Time Build (Anovos ESB)

Knightblade

2 hours ago, Knightblade said:

Anyone have experience to say if this would suffice?

Finally, the saddest part... I took my ab plate out of the box this morning to find it covered in stains/markings: 

Hey, great job with the Thigh ammo pack . :duim:

Those Clips are Ok.  Tony @ukswrath is a great maker.

About the stain marks, You may want to try with some automotive polishing compound. In my case it has worked well .

:salute:

• Like 3

Nice to see you back at this. 

I have run into color bleed a couple of times, once was from a microphone which rested against the armor, the rubber sleeve bled into the plastic, the other was some pouch covers which were made in black which also bled into the armor. I found using a good cutting compound managed to buff these marks out. A lot of people speak highly of the Novus Polish. If polish doesn't work you could try a product from Trooperbay called "Armor White" which helps bleach the marks https://www.trooperbay.com/products/trooperbay-armorwhite-plastic-whitening-gel

il_fullxfull.1174076053_8al8.jpg?v=16532

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

Clips came in and TD is finished:

muwDlxu.jpg

ZaFUTL0.jpg

As far as my ab piece, I was unable to remove the discoloration using magic eraser, automotive polishing compound, or ArmorWhite. I reached out to a couple vendors for a replacement, but everyone I talked to said their kit wouldn't be compatible as it would be a noticeably different shade of white. One suggested that I could repaint my entire set of armor, which would solve the discoloration issue on the ab plate. I am open to any advice on this :D 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Knightblade said:

Clips came in and TD is finished:

muwDlxu.jpg

ZaFUTL0.jpg

As far as my ab piece, I was unable to remove the discoloration using magic eraser, automotive polishing compound, or ArmorWhite. I reached out to a couple vendors for a replacement, but everyone I talked to said their kit wouldn't be compatible as it would be a noticeably different shade of white. One suggested that I could repaint my entire set of armor, which would solve the discoloration issue on the ab plate. I am open to any advice on this :D 

Nice TD .  don't forget to paint the screws in Black.   :)

59oBfnp.png?1

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Knightblade said:

As far as my ab piece, I was unable to remove the discoloration using magic eraser, automotive polishing compound, or ArmorWhite.

I came across this a while back which might help.  I would try exhaust all possibilities before painting, as that would entail a lot of work. 

GREAT job on that TD!!  One thing I would suggest is to add some 1 inch wide Velcro as seen below.  On the back part of the clip to help keep it from scratching your armor and on the inside to help keep it securely on.  Believe it or not, on several occasion I have seen fans try to remove them.

sRnpBGS.jpg?1

• Like 1

The only issue with painting your whole armor is paint being scratched and rubbed off. My FOTK is painted with automotive acrylic paint, it's quite tough but still gets scratched and chipped, yes you can touch up but the OTTK armor would rub in a few more areas so you could loose a fare bit of paint over time.

The automotive compound you find at auto shops isn't quite as abrasive as the compound used by auto paint shops which may be why you didn't have any success, May be worth a trip to an auto paint shop and see if they will try their compound on an area.

Another way could be wet sand with some ultra fine sandpaper to see if any of the bleed will sand off, if it does you can then bring the shine back with auto compound and buffing.

https://youtu.be/x0HZrQgvzdk