Value of finished assembled suits?

I was wondering about the value of an assembled finished suit - do you think a finished suit with blaster, undersuit, boots etc would be more expensive to buy than an unfinished one? I'd think so due to the labour and skills involved, but what do you think?

For example, an AP like mine costs in the region of $$$ - $$$$$ without holster, lenses, blaster, boots, gloves and undersuit.

What would it cost once all this is added ? How much is the value of the labour and time invested in a project like this?

Well considering the build takes much of your time, plus expenses for material, glue, tools etc. I guess you have to just add those expenses to the original price and the sum it up with what you feel your hard labor is worth.

Maybe 2-300 bucks in labor? A finished set should, in my opinion, be more expensive than an unfinished kit, that's for sure.

plus, theres the fact that suits are built to fit the wearer, so there is a smaller field of people available to buy it. After all you don't want to have to pay top doller then spend time modding it.

you'd be better off buying a kit.

I can't convert my time building my armor in $$$ .. BUT, I would never pay for a finished kit myself as there's no chance it's ever gonna be built to par with my own standards and no armors will fit perfectly on 2 different persons.

So as Gary said, no point in buying extra for pre-built/fit armor when you're gonna spend more time anyway fitting it to you ..

My 0.02$

When deciding how much I will pay for armour, I tend to be more prepared to pay for a kit over a finshed suit.

So my answer to "How much is the value of the labour and time invested" = it actually de-value's it like some of the guy's have already said, thats my thought's too :mellow: