Electroprod Version 1

SgdU6CP.png

As the title suggests this is version 1 of the electroprod, the more I researched the more I want to change some things but for now with what references are available this will do, will still bring some smiles at our next convention.

These are the 3D files from 9142 Props & Armory who kindly shared them for free on Facebook.

So first up get printing.

ZDIEnez.jpg

There are red lights in the top chamber so I had to come up with a holder for some LED's, I'm using round for now but they do appear that they may actually be rectangle in some images BUT can confirm this when TROS comes out on DVD soon. 

Version 1 holder didn't have sides but I found the light would reflect and show the internal shaft so version 2 (which I forgot to photograph) has closed sides.

gxSoIoG.jpg

For the opaque sheet I used some plastic from an A4 folder cover.

fHaC1aR.jpg

mQSDuYF.jpg

Pretty much all of my props have lights and sound so this one would be no exception, you definitely get a different reaction from people when they can hear and see a prop in action.

Had some lightsabers handy which I picked up from local markets cheap so I gutted one, worked out how to wire the led's and added a momentary switch and a 3.5mm speaker jack which a cable will run from up my arm to an Aker amp.

Ku2Q26W.jpg

For the head of the shaft the tips appear silver BUT as I noticed in the movie there us a blue glow emitted when the electroprod is used so I decided to use some clear filament and add some high bright led's to them and edited the files so they would be hollow. 

rWHFTlB.jpg

jswIClG.jpg

Appears I forgot to take any photos of the pipe but it's just standard plumbing pvc pipe, used the reference of the trooper holding the electroprod and scaled up to size.

The mid section box also appears to have a light, for now I've just made this white but I can change that later. Added the momentary switch to the bottom of this section and the 3.5mm jack to the rear of the shaft behind.

K0mcQxy.jpg

Electronics lengthened and test fitted.

wjtEiXh.jpg

wygGnrW.jpg

Now that all the electronics had been modified and test fitted it was time to glue the sliced pieces together and sand ready for spray putty.

G4sfWE3.jpg

Spray putty applied, left for 24 hours then sanded.

JGpZBHN.jpg

No major issues so on to primer.

DbuyfQT.jpg

Next paint everything and let dry.

PaI23AD.jpg

Everything total dry it was time to start assembly, which took a few days having to wait for E6000 to dry on some pieces before final assembly.

Also added some small decals to emulate screws/bolts with some black decal sheet I had handy. 

fgq2aS7.jpg

KXTJPnJ.jpg

Xzj253u.jpg

ozaICoQ.jpg

ngTRnU5.jpg

Fully assembled and black tube added, was some left over TV aerial coaxial wire I had handy, holds it's position when bent, added the screen accurate plastic tie to the handle too ;)   .  

GTRJ2xK.jpg

fcmgH2h.jpg

AuOW0GG.jpg

Also added a rubber stopper on the bottom of the shaft so it can rest on the ground without being scratched. 

tMUqQZk.jpg

Complete and test with the Aker amp, cable runs down the arm to the handle, 

So that's about where it is at for now, as I say it's far from being 100% accurate but version 2 will definitely be in the works soon. 

• Like 2

That is amazing, I love the detail including the red light up section towards the top. You got to be quick to catch it watching the film but it is certainly there.

Nice work Glen.

• Like 1