Another FNG here :)

Jeffnmar

hello all , and a BIG thank you for all the information provided here, I have definitely gone down the rabbit hole ...

I already joined our local garrison here in Oregon , and have emails out to several vendors on prices and options. I currently have it narrowed down to ATA / RS Prop / TM , still awaiting a few replies back before I pull the trigger for my first TK build. ( 2 days ago I would have looked at that sentence thought WTF) ... LOL

I am not very 'crafty' so I am leaning toward a more trimmed version ( like an RS prop) , but I am looking at local build parties and frequency so I may go more DIY, time will tell. Availability will also play a part in my decision, willing to  shell out a few more bucks for a lesser wait ( amazon prime has spoiled us).

Cant wait to get by 'big brown box 'and start a post for my first build , thanks again for all the great resources this site provides!

Keep you all posted!  Any comments or recommendations  for a more a completed  TK build for a 5"9" 205 lb male ( rocking the dad bod!) , open to to suggestions!

• Like 1

Welcome to the lines of 1st Imperial Stormtrooper Detachment!

It’s freakin mint to have you join us in the library for all things stormtrooper!

Here the fuel and lifeline that keeps us running is the camaraderie of troopers helping troopers.

Don’t let navigating this wealth of knowledge overwhelm you either - we are here to guide you right up to the blast doors of the 501st.

I know the energy and excitement that must be surging in the core so let’s get to business!

Here is the first instalment future trooper:

https://www.whitearmor.net/forum/forum/38-getting-started-read-this-first/

We’ve even got your six when it comes to submit for your approval here:

https://www.whitearmor.net/forum/forum/191-tk-pre-approvals/

We can also help you to achieve your Advanced Tactics Levels which you can look into here:

https://www.whitearmor.net/forum/forum/95-expert-infantryman-program/

And...

https://www.whitearmor.net/forum/forum/66-fisd-centurion-program/

Lastly, please don’t forget to take a read through our “Do’s” and “Don’t” within our forum community:

https://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/19106-fisd-net-etiquette-dos-and-donts/

All that being said, let’s see that build and get you deployed!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Welcome to the FISD!  

9 hours ago, Jeffnmar said:

2 days ago I would have looked at that sentence thought WTF

LOL, yeah, welcome to the land of abbreviations, acronyms, and initialisms.  Which will henceforth be referred to as AAI-land.  I'll shut up now.

Hi JEFF and welcome to the FISD!!  It looks like you have done your research which is excellent news. For what it’s worth I’m 5’9 and 200 lbs so I’m around your area. The one thing I can assure you is that TM can fit up to a 36inch waist. RS and ATA do not provide much extra room so you may need to shim or you may just have gaps between your AB and Kidney plate. If you are around that size then AP is also another good alternative.  

And also we have all been in your place before. Many of us are not “handy” and worry about making mistakes or whether or not you can do this. Well I can assure you that you can!  Also building your armor comes with many positives. Like if you need to fix something in the future then you won’t have any reservations to do it yourself. Also, you have a great sense of accomplishment at the end. 

If you have any other questions then don’t hesitate to ask. 

• Like 1

Welcome aboard to the FISD! You are about to embark on a very fun and lengthy journey. Remember to have fun and post lots and lots of pictures of your progress! Good Luck cadet! :salute:

5 hours ago, starsaber25 said:

Hi JEFF and welcome to the FISD!!  It looks like you have done your research which is excellent news. For what it’s worth I’m 5’9 and 200 lbs so I’m around your area. The one thing I can assure you is that TM can fit up to a 36inch waist. RS and ATA do not provide much extra room so you may need to shim or you may just have gaps between your AB and Kidney plate. If you are around that size then AP is also another good alternative.  

And also we have all been in your place before. Many of us are not “handy” and worry about making mistakes or whether or not you can do this. Well I can assure you that you can!  Also building your armor comes with many positives. Like if you need to fix something in the future then you won’t have any reservations to do it yourself. Also, you have a great sense of accomplishment at the end. 

If you have any other questions then don’t hesitate to ask. 

Thanks for the support and the info on the sizing. I have received responses from AM and ATA , still waiting to hear back from TM , AP and RT. From what I read the sizing might be better on the TM / AP  outfits to help make things 'more comfortable ' so thats good advice thank you. Still researching, actually built a quick spreadsheet to keep things straight ( yep , I won't have a problem with attention to detail :-)) ....

Thanks everyone for the warm wishes , still reading, reading and reading and getting my inquiries out. One bit of advice that I received form our local garrison here in Oregon is join in as a spotter at a local event, good advice! Be nice to see this armor up close and get ideas and reference points before I pull the trigger, that's coming up in March.

Still awaiting responses form TM / AP and RT on kit builds, seems doing my research and from some feedback  that TM and AP might be the ticket to help out with the "dad bod" LOL , I am 5'9" and 205 lbs.

Appreciate the support, you all are AWESOME!

• Like 1

Welcome to the TRUE home of shiny white armor, Jeff!  You have been given some fantastic advice, but always remember that you can ask any and all questions you need or want to... it's what we are here for!  While you are waiting for your kit, I would suggest getting your build supplies, soft parts, etc. together, that way when it arrives you are good to go.  I have some links to some of my tutorials at the bottom of this post that will help, but always feel free to ask questions!

If you let us know where you are located, we may be able to hook you up with someone on a local level that be of more help.

3 hours ago, justjoseph63 said:

Welcome to the TRUE home of shiny white armor, Jeff!  You have been given some fantastic advice, but always remember that you can ask any and all questions you need or want to... it's what we are here for!  While you are waiting for your kit, I would suggest getting your build supplies, soft parts, etc. together, that way when it arrives you are good to go.  I have some links to some of my tutorials at the bottom of this post that will help, but always feel free to ask questions!

If you let us know where you are located, we may be able to hook you up with someone on a local level that be of more help.

Thank you , and thanks for the links, SUPER helpful! I live in Oregon ( just outside Portland) , already joined a local garrison , their website is semi active but getting a few good pointers already..  Looking forward to spotting at their next event, get to know a few people and get some build tips first hand!

Jeff,

Welcome to FISD, and Cloud City Garrison. We have lots of skilled builders here in the Portland area. Even if we don’t have an armor party, our members would be more than happy to get together and help you build.

2 hours ago, daryldoak said:

Jeff,

Welcome to FISD, and Cloud City Garrison. We have lots of skilled builders here in the Portland area. Even if we don’t have an armor party, our members would be more than happy to get together and help you build.

Thanks you and glad to hear that, looking forward to making contact... 

Hey Jeff, welcome to FISD! I am still really new here and haven't received my first armor yet. (I'm very excited for it!) I ended up buying an AM from Dave's Darkside Depot, a well recommended vendor on the forums. His kits are easy to assemble for newbies and easier to adapt for the larger builds like myself. Or so I've been told. I'm not really in the best place to recommend AM since I haven't even built my first armor yet, but it might be in your interest to look into those kits if you haven't done so already. It's a US vendor as well, and he will be shipping out a large group of armor sets (mine included) soon!

My question for you is... have you done your blaster research yet?

After I bought my armor, I then realized I needed to do a ton more research for getting my hands on an E-11. Especially since I want to go Centurion status right off the bat.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, TheDecisiveRaindrop said:

I'm not really in the best place to recommend AM since I haven't even built my first armor yet

GREAT choice on the AM armor, JR.  My Stunt and HWT are AM, and I could not be happier.  Years of trooping with no cracks, splits or yellowing.  

Hey Jeff, welcome to FISD! I am still really new here and haven't received my first armor yet. (I'm very excited for it!) I ended up buying an AM from Dave's Darkside Depot, a well recommended vendor on the forums. His kits are easy to assemble for newbies and easier to adapt for the larger builds like myself. Or so I've been told. I'm not really in the best place to recommend AM since I haven't even built my first armor yet, but it might be in your interest to look into those kits if you haven't done so already. It's a US vendor as well, and he will be shipping out a large group of armor sets (mine included) soon!

My question for you is... have you done your blaster research yet?

After I bought my armor, I then realized I needed to do a ton more research for getting my hands on an E-11. Especially since I want to go Centurion status right off the bat.

Dave did get back to me with some prices , if you don’t mind me asking which kit did you end going with? I am thinking the AM 4.5 TK armor kit , not entirely clear on his email on the other builds and prices though .

Have not done blaster research as of yet , nailing down my armor choices and then will look at blaster and soft goods while I wait.

Might be nice if we end up getting the same kit and work alongside each other , that would be fun !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4 hours ago, Jeffnmar said:

Dave did get back to me with some prices , if you don’t mind me asking which kit did you end going with? I am thinking the AM 4.5 TK armor kit , not entirely clear on his email on the other builds and prices though .

Have not done blaster research as of yet , nailing down my armor choices and then will look at blaster and soft goods while I wait.

Might be nice if we end up getting the same kit and work alongside each other , that would be fun !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I went with the 4.5 armor kit. It's what he's currently offering. Thicker plastic so more durability. He doesn't offer all that much soft goods, so you will need to source yourself boots, under suit, and such if you decide to buy the armor from him. He always responds within an hour or two, so the communication is on point. He just made a new fan kit for the helmet that looks pretty easy to install, you can see it on his facebook page. His armor is a little more expensive, but nothing else like it on the market from what I've seen. I bought his fan kit, his Hasbro/Doopydoo E-11 blaster (I am going to have like 4 E-11s in the near future. The dakka will be all mine). I also bought a resin kit from DoopyDoo so I can have something to work on while I wait for BBB day. Eventually I would like to put together a Fieldmarshall E-11 aluminum blaster, but that's further down the line. For Centurion status though, I'll just buy a rubber one. once I receive everything and my armor is finished.

IIRC, Dave also offers strapping separately. Do mind you that I bought the unassembled kit. I don't even remember if it is trimmed or not, lol.

• Like 1