TK-12953 Reporting for Duty

Thank you everyone for the help! I can't wait to get out there and Troop. My first troop will be a local Con in two week.

My ID is my Father's birthday. He passed away 6 years ago. He was always my hero and my inspiration. He took me to all the Star Wars movies, starting with A New Hope when I was only about 4 years old. I don't remember it, but I do Empire and ROTJ. I took him to see all the prequels. And now I've been passing on my love for Star Wars to my son, who I'm helping build his TK as well (learning from my mistakes).

GXhKMmJl.jpg&key=8d692d0990287d3f6e35b823d84bac75cb9a7e06dc341e43e4b6990e77b32a36

If Only You Knew:

• Cutting the ABS would hurt my hand so bad.
  • trim/sand slowing
  • ears are hard
  • Ask for help, there is lots of it out there.
  • you will make mistakes, the armor is somewhat forgiving, and most mistakes can be fixed with E6000 and scraps
  • Save your scraps

Oops!:

• Life happens
  • The build done right takes time
  • Cost just starts with the kit, it adds up with the tools, and extras
  • ASK FOR HELP! don't be so gun ho to think you can do it alone. Watch the videos, go to armor parties, take pictures.

A funny thing happened on my way to the Death Star:

• I could not have done this without the help I received from the other members in Garrison Tyranus. I was terrified to cut my armor and they gave me the confidence to get the work done.
  • E6000 doesn't cure well in the cold
  • Always have a spare propane tank for your propane heater.
  • Measure 600 times, cut once (very carefully, and a little at a time).

Shout Outs:

• I could not have done this without the help of the former Garrison Tyranus CO, Stoagie Schwank TK-4863! He helped me from BBB day to Approval. many weekends in his garage, including several Armor parties.
  • Also Reese Ensign (29992) and Tim Allen (10930) for helping guide me through the approval process. 

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...