Advice Needed

On 2/19/2020 at 9:37 AM, Sn4k3 said:

for basic approval, that is basically correct.  they should all look the same on each set of limbs, and if they all look the same even better.  unless you are, well, me, five 9 165 pounds and a mesomorph, out of the box white armour will be kinda annoying.  if you have massive calves, thighs, shoulders, and are shorter or taller, etc., there are lots of brilliant conversion threads around here.  

that dorito shaped thigh mod terrifies me. abs paste terrifies me.  

for basic approval, that is basically correct.  they should all look the same on each set of limbs, and if they all look the same even better.  unless you are, well, me, five 9 165 pounds and a mesomorph, out of the box white armour will be kinda annoying.  if you have massive calves, thighs, shoulders, and are shorter or taller, etc., there are lots of brilliant conversion threads around here.  

that dorito shaped thigh mod terrifies me. abs paste terrifies me.  
You said; all strips should look the same, that means all must have 25mm what if i can get away with 15mm in all of then, should i use 15mm then?

Sent from my GM1900 using Tapatalk

3 hours ago, Sn4k3 said:

You said; all strips should look the same, that means all must have 25mm what if i can get away with 15mm in all of then, should i use 15mm then?

Standards are @ 

Bicep & forearms 15mm

shins front & thighs 20mm

back of shin 25 if using Velcro

3 minutes ago, Sn4k3 said:

What if not using velcro?

25mm rear is standards size for shins no matter what you use 

DSC03189_zps0da82ab5.jpg

You will find most measurements in the "gallery sections" doing a little research is part of this hobby ;) 

25mm rear is standards size for shins no matter what you use 
gallery_12157_59_31131.jpg

You will find most measurements in the "gallery sections" doing a little research is part of this hobby  

I have done research, sometimes i found a bit difficult find information about something very specific

2 minutes ago, Sn4k3 said:

I have done research, sometimes i found a bit difficult find information about something very specific

You'll find most cover strip sizes in this part of the "gallery section" 

1 hour ago, Sn4k3 said:

then, maybe, that "specific", isnt.

lets play a game:

top five burning unanswered questions.

go.

25 minutes ago, Sn4k3 said:

Thanks for the link but i dont have access to that section

You don't have access to the gallery section ? 

22 hours ago, Sn4k3 said:

Thanks for the link but i dont have access to that section

You should have full access to that area, Daniel.  It is located at the top of the page. 

mVBxOui.png

Once you select it, you can choose from different areas to view.  If you are looking for particular items, this may save you some time:  https://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/48335-quick-crl-reference-guide-for-your-ot-build-pics-notes-tips/

You should have full access to that area, Daniel.  It is located at the top of the page. 

mVBxOui.png&key=a28150fcca38066f99c7759961685843ceafa7a0d415ecd7e2cad0580e1c1d2b

Once you select it, you can choose from different areas to view.  If you are looking for particular items, this may save you some time:  https://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/48335-quick-crl-reference-guide-for-your-ot-build-pics-notes-tips/

With that link, i can enter, thanks

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Sn4k3 said:

Maybe.

For you is something generic, standard.

There are different opinions

you know, you could accept the advice of all the members with centurion armour and attache badges, all given good naturedly from 50 varying cultural backgrounds.... or not.  the simple fact that FISD has kept every post since incarnation means you will find eleventy versions of "correct" as we evolved from polaroids and triple laser pointers to 4K.

Edited by sylverbard

you know, you could accept the advice of all the members with centurion armour and attache badges, all given good naturedly from 50 varying cultural backgrounds.... or not.  the simple fact that FISD has kept every post since incarnation means you will find eleventy versions of "correct" as we evolved from polaroids and triple laser pointers to vhs to videodisc to HD...it is far more helpful to use the CRL and investigate backwards.

we all say read the getting started forms. not glance at. read.  every important question about choosing a kit is in there, including soft parts, boots, seals, armour sizes, etc.  then you can ask specific questions and get answers.  you would know the concensus on ebay, etsy, and TGTBT deals.  every part needed has a vendor listed, except compression undersuits of the UA style.

the crls list exactly what is cared about for approval, lvl 2 and 3.   here on FISD, thousands of hours have gone into advanced tactics upgrading for perfecting lvl 2 and 3.  hint:  just build for lvl 3 up front.  the suit just looks and fits better.

are you a member of your local Garrison's forum?  you can find build help there, shared tools for example.

also, expect the forum to look different in Tapatalk and forum runner.  they both forget you are logged in when you click links occasionally.

since you've done lots of research why not begin a build thread, and list the crl selected, parts you've chosen, items collected, etc.?  

i still do not know which kits to suggest based on your body type and earthly location.  presumably you want to build it yourself or with local help.  tbh, the box of white plastic you choose changes almost every other question's answer.

e.g. did you know the suggested paints look different on each kit because of the surface type :-)

Well, i did many of those things.

- did i research which is the best armor for my body type?: Yes, my candidates were AP and TM, but many people told me that the Tunisian guys that wore the original had very similar height to mine, I'm just on the skinny side.

-Do i have an armor?: In theory yes, Paul haven't sent it yet, it shouldn't take long

- why i haven't started the build thread?: I dont have the armor with me yet.

- do i have some parts?: Mmm yes, just a silicon handguards.

- do i have tools for my build?: Not many, I'm still buying stuff.

- am i a member of my local garrison?: No, dont have an armor, yet.

- am i a member of my local garrison forum?: Yyyes..., but is not very helpful, the forum is still very young (apparently) with way less mor info than here, and, i can barely speak (and understand) Portuguese and is waay easier for me ask in the spanish garrison forum or here, i understand everything perfectly, and it is easier find recommended stuff because here you all use the names that are used in the listings, or at least most listings.

- did i red the read first here post?: Yes I did.

- am i aiming to level 3 from now?: Yes.

- did i new the thing with the paintings and the differents armor kits?: no, but it seems logic.

The redaction is like this, because the best way to address the points in your post, in a clear way.

Anyway, any help and advice is more than welcome.

On 2/21/2020 at 1:58 PM, sylverbard said:

could he ship them to you with a few bucks to buy supplies to make them fit?  take pics and video for him so he can help others local?

I am considering that if he is okay for me to do the work.