Merkava74's TFA FOTK Build Thread (Anovos)

merkava74

Finally finished repairing all the broken photo links! Have migrated over to imgur, and all is good! Have submitted my photos to my GMLs for approval, and will be sharing the photos here as well for a complete reference of all the different parts. 

I am waiting for BlastFX to send me the electronics for my SE44C, F11D and F11D heavy before I start my detailed build for the blasters. In the meantime, I am getting approval with an old Justinian F11D that I had for a couple of years now. 

Edited by merkava74
  • Like 1

COMPLETED PHOTOS

HELMET

OvR6rIj.jpg

b1AryJP.jpg

v9FLNkS.jpg

YKsXopJ.jpg

NECK SEAL

TJkj0CM.jpg

CHEST, YOKE AND BACK

kKo69Xn.jpg

OZ2GSij.jpg

PpEAkj4.jpg

X4qTwrO.jpg

aEr0fFJ.jpg

THERMAL DETONATOR

4ks8Xe6.jpg

z7LDK41.jpg

gw9G6i5.jpg

PpJiv08.jpg

2I0yBkT.jpg

wz6HRsG.jpg

SHOULDER AND ELBOW GASKETS

oSbfVOk.jpg

SHOULDER BELLS

aE0JulY.jpg

23JJzXr.jpg

dNRo5xd.jpg

N80Tn8y.jpg

BICEPS

bjUBXhI.jpg

PmzX6hr.jpg

OvPkeJr.jpg

bQkOEPJ.jpg

FOREARMS

M1NWv4j.jpg

vchmlcE.jpg

iA2m7OW.jpg

S2ow6Ol.jpg

6GNYa5c.jpg

GLOVES AND HAND PLATES

QJWYsRu.jpg

m4nQK1j.jpg

ABDOMEN

e1UbLBl.jpg

9FN4MHW.jpg

BtmOr4i.jpg

Ov5aR16.jpg

COD AND POSTERIOR

cN4xtK6.jpg

AuU1PTi.jpg

BELT

30lA8Gl.jpg

enJPwre.jpg

0kD9Cx1.jpg

UNDERSUIT

hjZ6NHC.jpg

THIGHS

SWytzWR.jpg

ZsXXWo0.jpg

jOZmQ92.jpg

F6y9rba.jpg

KNEE GASKETS

vZuH3ma.jpg

KNEE PLATES

lWEPjHf.jpg

fl40jIz.jpg

SHINS

aRDfoPX.jpg

l3hEOaC.jpg

9isD6Kl.jpg

KS4IJme.jpg

ANKLE SPATS

qB6Zpms.jpg

UPCAlHy.jpg

TjkkOQO.jpg

VfXwhU3.jpg

BOOTS

mJihKDg.jpg

That's all the completed photos! As mentioned, blasters builds will be detailed later when my parts arrive.

• Like 3

SUITED UP PHOTOS

Here are some shots fully suited up to show fitting, proportions and overall look. 

uc7vXHS.jpg

rjS7zFc.jpg

oqBFQoU.jpg

Cz8qgKw.jpg

tnPGFMR.jpg

puxYJnC.jpg

Hfr276y.jpg

IvNmYgJ.jpg

lwBk88L.jpg

VFc6C2y.jpg

y6tCAy3.jpg

SpcOwS8.jpg

27DS1rT.jpg

Forgive the somewhat droopy front scope. I would need to heat bend it back. Probably due to old resin... 

Edited by merkava74
  • Like 6

Congrats on your completion! Fantastic job overall, and those suited-up photos are excellent! If I might ask, what kind of photo backdrop are you using?

Edited by MaskedVengeance
  • Like 1

Just now, MaskedVengeance said:

Congrats on your approval! Fantastic job overall, and those suited-up photos are excellent! If I might ask, what kind of photo backdrop are you using?

Oh! I am not approved yet! Just submitted my photos.. haha! Thanks, anyway. I'm using studio paper backdrop for my shoot. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, merkava74 said:

Oh! I am not approved yet! Just submitted my photos.. haha! Thanks, anyway. I'm using studio paper backdrop for my shoot. 

Haha, I realized that shortly after posting and adjusted my phrasing to "completion." I initially saw your 501st badge under your avatar, but then later realized that you must have already been a member of the Legion with another kit. Nice to hear you were able to use studio paper and keep it blemish free. I may need to go that route for my full body images (when I get to that point), since vinyl drops are so expensive.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, MaskedVengeance said:

Haha, I realized that shortly after posting and adjusted my phrasing to "completion." I initially saw your 501st badge under your avatar, but then later realized that you must have already been a member of the Legion with another kit. Nice to hear you were able to use studio paper and keep it blemish free. I may need to go that route for my full body images (when I get to that point), since vinyl drops are so expensive.

Yeah, paper backdrops tend to get dirty where we usually stand. The back should be relatively clean. Vinyl drops are easier to maintain, but you're right... the price does not justify it. 

You look fantastic! The gaskets look perfect and those knees! How is your range of motion compared to your OT kit? How long does it take you to suit up/down and did you get help?

Again, fantastic job!

• Like 1

You look fantastic! The gaskets look perfect and those knees! How is your range of motion compared to your OT kit? How long does it take you to suit up/down and did you get help?

Again, fantastic job!

Thank you! The range of motion is much better than the OTTK. Knees can bend a lot more, thighs can lift more too. Steps will not be a problem.

What I find more restrictive are the forearms. There is only 1 direction where you can bend your elbows, unless when you twist your wrists and twist the whole forearm armour too. You can only bend your elbows at the curve of the inside of the forearm, if you know what I mean. Other than that, it’s better in terms of motion than the OTTK.

Looking smart trooper, good luck with approval, although I doubt you'll need it 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, TheTruth777 said:

Stellar work! What paint code did you use for your armor?

Thanks! Not sure if you have it, but its from Honda NH-578, Tefetta White.

mau-trang-nga-tinh-te-nh578-honda-jazz.p

Outstanding news Jasper, can't wait to see those EI and Centurion banners under you avatar.

Congratulations on your Garrison approval :salute:

• Like 2

Somehow missed this thread while you were working on it, but PHENOMENAL job. Seriously Joseph and I could not find a single thing wrong with it. Very inspiring.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, shashachu said:

Somehow missed this thread while you were working on it, but PHENOMENAL job. Seriously Joseph and I could not find a single thing wrong with it. Very inspiring.

Thank you for your kind words! Many generous people here helped with really good advice and guidance! 

• Like 1