What a resousrce you all have created!

Hello, Im Matthew, part artist, part philosopher and I've never been interested in sitting still.
I've wanted a light sabre for years. Yet, I never gave in to purchase a sabre.  An image came to mind, a skeleton of aluminum and copper, wires and tubes, and with that thought, I decided to build it. 
Im well past 60 hours on the sabre with maybe just 20 more to go and I've found my next project. I've always wanted a stormtrooper helmet, and I will build that aswell.

I was looking on the 501st website, searching for the regulations of the Rogue One Stormtrooper helmet.  It's a symmetry thing. Reading the red font as if im going to build it, I want it to be epic, so it needs to be as right as possible. I have a lot of questions and felt this was the right place to start. 

All the best and thank you in advance for all this information.

Matthew

• Like 3

Hi Matthew, Welcome to FISD.

I would suggest  for your project of Rogue One (R1) Stormtrooper Helmet to check the following forum section abour the armors (Helmet if the vendors sale it separate)  and the optional Black Serire R1 Helmet modification .

=== ROGUE ONE ARMOR === 

Type: Jimmiroquai

Kit: Kits are lightweight flexible fiberglass. 

Availability: PM to ask, varies

Assembly: Fully trimmed and partially assembled, e.g. if it fits out of the box one can go straight to rigging and painting.

Comments: No issues with quality or service reported to date.

Feel free to ask questions, we are here to help.

Cheers  :salute:

• Like 4

If it’s just the R1 TK helmet you’re looking to create seek out Nico Henderson’s amazing 3D file.

It’s not listed in the vendor section here but you’ll find him on Facebook.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

• Like 2

Welcome Matthew!

Know as you begin your journey, that everyone here began in the same fashion which you are beginning right now.  Came here to learn, wound up doing so, and helping others to do the same afterwards.

Looking forward to seeing what you accomplish here!

• Like 2

Matthew, welcome to FISD. If you are looking for a Rogue One style helmet that you simply want to display then, the black series is the cheapest and quickest option for you. I f you are looking to build a full set of armor but want to start with the helmet, there are several options available to you. Several people here have made a few suggestions and I have put my hands on several of these different helmets. I will say that if you have access to a 3D printer, then contact Nico Henderson on face book. His Shoretrooper is the most accurate out there as far as I am aware of and he just released a RO Stormtrooper with the accessory blast shield for Mimban troopers. Given his attention to detail for the ST, his TK should be very accurate.