CABOOTS sizes

So I ordered my caboots, after hearing my local TKs complaining about everything else, and I ordered what I normally wear in a Reebok, work shoe, Merrills, etc, a 10.5.

They arrived today and they seem to be huge, like there's 3/4 to 1 inch extra room in the toe. They're labeled correctly under the sole, as 10.5.

I plan on sending them back, for the nominal restocking fee to get a smaller size. Has anyone else had this problem? Was this posted in a FAQ that I missed maybe? Are they supposed to be this way to make room for special TK socks only available on a super-secret forum I don't know about, like www.tk-secret-socks.com or (insert other joke website here)?

Thanks for any input

I use CAboots as well and have not had a size problem. I wear a size 14 and was elated when I found they actually carried this size. If anything, I find them a little tight, especially when putting them on and taking them off. But they are comfortable to wear all things considered. I have seen some troopers with leather boots (Cheng?) that look interesting, but they don't make them anymore.

CAboots. Love them! Price, availability, look, and size is fairly good. I do find them a little on the sloppy side (large) size wise, but I've trooped for half a year wearing all kinds of socks with no blisters or problems. AND, the smell grows on you too!

:lol:

Don G.

TK-5372

I'd like my CABoots a lot more if they came in smaller sizes. Again, the disadvantages of gender-bending stormtroopers... I have to stuff the toes and wear insoles, as my boots are a full size too big for me (the joy of wearing the equivalence of a men's size 6). Otherwise, no complaints.

• 3 months later...

I've had most including CAboots. The DarkSide boots win. All leather and descent suport. I'm ordering a second pair just in case these go away and don't come back:)

----------

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working removed

I did the 2007 Death March in them with no blisters or anything. They even hold their footing in horse & llaama poop.

How's that's for a testimonial? :D

I had ordered a pair way back when I was going to do a TK/TD as my first costume but sent them back. So I have to ask, what smells worse, the Horse and Llama poop or the smell that comes out the boots when ya first get them? :lol:

I am most likely going go ahead and get these since I don't think I want to go through painting the screenused boots. ;)

This has become one smelly thread!! jajaja

I had mine done so I guess I?ll have to wait to see if they develop an "odor"... I don?t have smelly feet thanks the Goddess so I don?t think there?ll be a problem.

About the size of the CAboots, my man, i would try them on with the rest of the armor on to see how they look.

If they look ok and prortionate to the rest of the armor I wouldn?t change ?em.

• 1 month later...

I were a size 15 normally, so a 14 in CAboots is just the thing. Yes they do run a little big and wide. Have had a pair of the Vader style for about 7 months, and just got today a pair for the TK. Not really a leather smell at all, more like Yack crap. Maybe a bottle or two of "frabresy" would drown it.