TK Helmet Interiors

I am currently attempting to build up the interior of two TK Buckets. One as a display/backup, just in case something happens to my main Bucket. I've seen some other people's buckets and got some ideas, but I am always looking to make things better in all aspects. I am asking that people post photos and info on what they did and used on theirs. What worked and did not work and where certain parts (ie. fans, switches, padding, helmet liners, speakers) were found? Of course please follow all FISD Forum rules with this info.

The TK (VT) shown below is not one of the two I am going to work on, but it is what I am currently using. No electronics are installed in it. I am only waiting on the Static Burst Box to come in before I begin construction on the other two. For this one below I just used the SKYDEX Helmet Padding System commonly found in Kevlar Helmets. They can be purchased for about $80.00 on either Military or Law Enforcement Equipment web sites. I do like the pads because they stick to the small velcro disks, that come in the package, and can be easily removed for repositioning or washing. The pads can be thrown into a washing machine after a hot sweaty troop. I thought the pads inside my Kevlar were to bulky but I do really like them inside the TK.

I've only trooped twice with it, both recently. Since I am planning on selling it, I have not removed those long screws or built it up any further.

Chris G

TK-5556

8vVHlSH.jpg

Edited by gmrhodes13
photo updated gmrhodes13 2021
  • Like 1

Here´s mine:

vucz1d4.jpg

EebP1u3.jpg

BoTnDDB.jpg

I used kneepads that I cut pieces of and hotglued them to the interior. Works like a charm.

I used one set of fans I bought here on the forum (they are 80mm CPU-fans), I also installed two more fans (40mm) which I connected to a small switch then to a 9 volt battery (one battery for each fan). Fans are from a local computer store, and the switches are available in most stores selling electrical gadgets (Radioshack etc.)

Edited by gmrhodes13
  • Like 1

you might have seen mine already but here it is.

367592961_tyJR5-M.jpg

367593100_av7bc-M.jpg

the padding i got from the ukebay site even though im from the us. for the little mechanical parts i used a jet engine model kit i had from a long time ago. i used some wires i found in an old dvd player and speakers from bad headphones. the fan i got from radioshack. i just got a cpu fan and soldered it to a 9v clip thing. i didnt bother butting on an on/off switch because i just unplug it when i dont use it and it works fine. and yes it still fits ^_^

• Like 2

Here's my MR interior

PVUAdhz.jpg

Yep, that's D-MAC padding :) dude, that stuff is soooo versatile - thanks!

I've added some more packing foam since - around the cheek level, so it's padded out more like a motorbike lid.

Edited by gmrhodes13

Here is mine. Its recently had the fan in the right tube removed and the RomFX put in its place. The velcro around the mouth holds my mike in place, but I'm still not happy with the front area.

Tb9ziYh.jpg

uux6Ey6.jpg

KJ7LcYK.jpg

Edited by gmrhodes13

• 1 month later...

I used the knee pads from ebay in the stromtrooper listings, but your better off looking trough the work wear section and saving alot of money as there only about £3. But for me they are way too hard, I prefer foam. I cant get any where near as much padding in mine as most have shown as I just wouldnt get it on my melon :huh:

Ive not relly bothered with looks in my bucket, as long as it works will do me as no one sees in there anyway. But those are some sweet looking internals dudes :)

Very impressive! My bucket (similar to AP) is kinda small, and I had problems finding free space for anything. Everything I've done has been to paint the interior black, and added foam around the eyes, and put round foam pieces on each side of the helmet to keep it tight when my head's in.

So i've reached the interior stage of modding my mrce and im at a crossroads, or perhaps looking at a hybrid of helmet functionality. The hard hat suspension comes with the FX but i noticed not many people have them in their buckets that have posted the interiors, is this because they're inferior? what makes someone choose foaming all around the helmet? My head is just a touch taller than being a big circle :lol: My worry is that I wont have something secure with just foam padding.. the helmet will still be bobble heading around after I stop moving.

I'm still working on my FX bucket ( I know it's a dirty word :P ) I just trimmed the ear pieces down since I thought they were way too big, if nothing else my FX will be different from everyone elses! :D

But I plan on using the foam padding, as I want it to fit more along the lines of a motorcycle helmet (firm and in place) although this is my personal preference.

So until such time, as I upgrade......................I will be comfortable!

• 4 weeks later...

This is what Ive done so far. Ive used knepads and that stuff u sit/lie on when camping (what is that called???).

post-4415-1229530102_thumb.jpg

post-4415-1229530083_thumb.jpg

Its very snug and I tried to leave "ventilation channels". I made the top part removable. I might paint it silver to match the knepads, but I kinda like the military colour too.

Cheers