50 dollar ROTJ 3d print kit off etsy

TerribleBen

Here you go Rob, trigger housing came cracked and broken. Front of scope needed to be filled and sanded you can see the part I missed, main body comes in two pieces and doesn't line up well.  I have built hundreds of models and mini's maybe my standards are too high. Cheers

0209200650a-1.jpg

0209200651-1.jpg

0209200650-1.jpg

Edited by TerribleBen

Kind of common with 3D printed stuff if the filling is set too low.

I have built several 3D printed blasters and they all require a lot of surface treatment, sanding, more filling, more sanding and so on... (with one exception which is from a photo-hardening resin printer).

You might want to consider insert something into the barrel, PVC pipe or metal tube to help line up and reinforce the body, otherwise it will crack always at the join when subject to stress (handling / trooping). I rebuilt mine like 2 to 3 times.

Yes very common, even on the finest setting you can still end up with areas needed to be worked on, the print lines are still visible, a few coats of spray putty normally is enough to fill those, a little bondo for areas needing more filler.

• 3 months later...

Not bad! I'm looking at getting the same blaster ordered for an Iden build, and to give me something to do. I saw you stated it wasn't the best but now that it's finished, would you recommend it? I'm considering a few other printed kits as well.