New Member Intro

Hi all!

My name is Paige and I'm a nerd residing in Nashville. My boyfriend is just about to get his first armor kit and I'll be helping him build/potentially acting as a handler if there's need for it, so I wanted to have access to the build guides and other resources around here. Someday I'd like to put together a Phasma build myself, but for the time being I'm just around to spectate.

I look forward to learning from all of you!

• Like 4

Welcome Paige! Sadly with our poor eyesight us Stormtroopers do occasionally need wranglers around to keep us safe from obstacles and small children so welcome aboard! I understand Phasma is a pretty intense build from the couple of build threads I've seen and we can always use more.  Heck if you get the itch to do some pre-Phasma trooping there are many other costumes you can build to get started.  Of course here on FISD we are a little more fond of our troopers. ;)

• Like 1

Hi Paige, welcome to FISD, the following forum sections could help you to be prepare for the armor  building process. 

https://www.whitearmor.net/forum/forum/38-getting-started-read-this-first/

https://www.whitearmor.net/forum/forum/31-costuming-and-builds-501st-approved/

Cheers. 

• Like 2

Welcome Paige! Sadly with our poor eyesight us Stormtroopers do occasionally need wranglers around to keep us safe from obstacles and small children so welcome aboard! I understand Phasma is a pretty intense build from the couple of build threads I've seen and we can always use more.  Heck if you get the itch to do some pre-Phasma trooping there are many other costumes you can build to get started.  Of course here on FISD we are a little more fond of our troopers. 
I've certainly considered it! Phasma's chrome appeals to me specifically, but if our first build goes well I might take something a bit simpler on first.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk

• Like 2

Welcome to FISD Paige, lots to learn here so ask plenty of questions and the advice will flow.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Welcome Paige! It's always nice to see a partner step up to be a spotter for their trooper and be involved in the actual build process. Remember pictures are your best friend and no question is dumb or stupid.

• Like 1

Hello there!

As others have already given great advice before me I will merely mention that the best thing to help me was build a thread on the WIP pages so I could show my progress and get input from other troopers. You’ll find lots of help here that is both constructive and positive!

Welcome Paige,

It is awesome that you are working with him on this project.  Projects are always more fun when you have help that is invested in it like you are yourself.

As for a handler - there is almost never not a need for it.  Once you can put the bucket on your head, you'll see exactly why.  As has already been mentioned good, clear line of sight is something that does not lend itself to the armored TK, and children are completely invisible when they move close-in.

Again, welcome aboard, and have fun...  If nothing else, have fun.  ;)  We are here to help, as best as we can.

• 2 weeks later...