Collecting Tips to Motivate Trooping

TKSpartan

Hi everyone,

"... but with many advisers they succeed."

April this year I will  fullfill my first year in the 501 st Legion and  FISD as an Stormtrooper, so I still consider myself a rookie.

One thing I have noticed in my Garrison  is the members  lack of participation in trooping  throughout the year.  I know this is a volunteer organization and no one have to be forced for troop .  But I think there would be something that can be done at least to try to motivate them.

The Question is:  What does other Garrisons, outpost etc,  are doing o could do for Trooping Motivation?  Thanks for your ideas.

We instituted a program this year where troopers were eligible for bronze/silver/gold pins after 10, 25, and 50 (I believe) troops a year. Seems to have helped with participation.

• Like 1

We’ve got a few initiatives planned for the year. The one which has already kicked off is the GCOs Challenge: 12 in 20.

Simple really: he’s challenged garrison members to do 12 troops during the year. The obvious math is one troop a month.

Troopers sign up for the challenge and we keep score. Simple really.

We’ve probably got about a third of the garrison signed up. It hasn’t brought many of those troopers doing their mandatory one annual troop out, tbh, but it is encouraging to see those that average under 10 signing up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 2

Comes up from time to time, pretty normal across the board, was a thread on the legion boards a while back I'll see if I can find it.

We have a trooping award locally, gold silver and bronze trophy's for the most trooped members throughout the census calendar year.

A lot of people just want to do the flashy big events, it's the same core group in most garrisons who do all the work and troop the most.

My garrison is looking at marking social events in neutral locations like BBQ in a park to simply get people talking face to face again. We also welcome all new comers and rookies/cadets so they can’t talk to other members about costumes etc etc. we are planning for 4 a year in reasonable central locations. If we put flags and banners up we can also use them for recruiting.

• Like 3

My garrison is looking at marking social events in neutral locations like BBQ in a park to simply get people talking face to face again. We also welcome all new comers and rookies/cadets so they can’t talk to other members about costumes etc etc. we are planning for 4 a year in reasonable central locations. If we put flags and banners up we can also use them for recruiting.

We do that too - call that Buckets ‘n Beer

For us it’s predominantly aimed at Cadets and prospective members, but we get a good turn out from the Garrison - way more chilled than an AP

• Like 2

On 2/6/2020 at 8:01 AM, Harbinger said:

We instituted a program this year where troopers were eligible for bronze/silver/gold pins after 10, 25, and 50 (I believe) troops a year. Seems to have helped with participation.

Brien, it’s 10, 18, 24. 

• Like 2