My first Blaster

Roukie 1

While waiting for my R1 armor, I felt a little bored. So I ordered a complete Kit from T- Jay, including his completion kit.

It arrived just one day later ( we both were a little surprised)

Along the build I always checked References and his blaster build. Unfortunately the Doopydoos kit is not 100% suitable for the R1 blaster. I had to improvise. But the grip is complete off.

Anyways, I made changes where it was possible.

All fotos can be seen Here.

I was that busy, that I only took pictures on the way and didn't post it.

But now I'm nearly ready to paint and weather .

Feel free to comment and maybe critic 

• Like 1

This is looking really nice.

Rather than a link, have you thought about housing the images here in your thread using IMGUR?  that way its easy for everyone to scroll through and enjoy your progress.

Its an easy share service to use which allows you to copy and paste a link which once your post is saved actually shows the image.

Keep up the great progress.

17 hours ago, Roukie 1 said:

(....)   The fool as I am, I didn't buy the right black. :6:

What is wrong with this color? Is it gun metal grey or something? (hard to tell from a photo with flashlight)

Yeah. It's glossy Hammerschlag. Too glossy.

I'm already painting it matt black. Compared to the ANH blaster, this one will be all black. Just the bolt will get another colour. 

Btw. inserting pictures from Imgur doesn't work for me. :(

2 minutes ago, Roukie 1 said:

Yeah. It's glossy Hammerschlag. Too glossy.

I'm already painting it matt black. Compared to the ANH blaster, this one will be all black. Just the bolt will get another colour.    (...)

Don't worry about that, I had the same. It is no disadvantage as multiple layers of paint do make a great finish.

What about covering the hammered paint in stressed spots before adding the final black coat? This would make a nice weathered effect.

There is an alternate method to post picture from Google Photos:

1) Get a sharable link from the photo you wish to share in your Google Photo album

2) Go to https://ctrlq.org/google/photos/ and paste the link 

3) Get the link form the bottom of the page under "Google Photos Embed Code" "Direct URL link" box

4) Paste the link directly in your post

• 3 weeks later...

Just a little update.

I worked on the powercylinders and the T-Tracks. 

I took the powercylinders which came with the kit and will build the right one for my blaster.

Also I managed to get a rubber that fits perfect over the T-Tracks. 

zCos0hpKyWrCXuYrPvridZz6E_vFZBgUd3821pN02sfs0KuAD-hUd35f6Niuz9ZEBexWbhrp_Pjugz0OWMfuybqhJ4nTNx3CkwFhpIKpI5OLIKtzHkWTSd-7eUoXzoIc8nu8O4ZJ7g=w2400

klF2Zv8KVZyioFVKB6K0ysdjcf_BppkeC5chHG4nVXd6T8jUBFqd3YHJw_4HmckDVUT_t-6JBf7ms0tGiwCwk5m_MDtd26bGQ--E9nMxvfuMKQ4a939v8aBfab27l7sBxqZDGDrdLg=w2400

• 1 month later...

The tactical light is the main feature to identify a Rogue One blaster. Glad to hear you have it now and completed this build. :duim:

Oh, and the view through the scope is fantastic! :jc_doublethumbup:

• Like 1

7 hours ago, T-Jay said:

Oh, and the view through the scope is fantastic! :jc_doublethumbup:

Thanks Tino. As you watch closely, you can see, the targetcross is the wrong way in. :6:

I´m such a "Blindschleiche"