Having trouble building WTF helmet. Parts not fitting quite right. Help!

VGC

Hello everyone. I'm new to building armor and I've been sitting on my WTF ANH TK kit for over 2 years before I decided to finally start building it. I have trimmed all the armor pieces and I'm ready to assemble and decided to start with the helmet. Welp, I've hit a snag. The two helmet pieces aren't fitting quite like I expected them to and the ears are not fitting like they should on the helmet. Any advice?

c32tofL.jpgTQJq1UF.jpg6csz0sH.jpgyX8CHp7.jpgdJo4DFx.jpgJqO7kfC.jpg

Hi, welcome to FISD. Gald you have decided to start your build !.

I think the following Building thread could help you to figure uot the helmet assemble . page 2

Consider that the original ANH Stormtrooepr Helmets did not  have a perfect fit as in the next reference photos. 

----------------

Edited by gmrhodes13
link removed no longer working

If it’s your 1st build ever, I would highly encourage the bucket build as the LAST thing to build. The way I see it is , after building ur TK armor .... that will give you more more confidence and skill to tackle on the bucket. Just food for thought...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Hey trooper,

Ears are always a little tricky but don’t panic. ;-)

Is your helmet (faceplate and back/cap) attached with rivets yet?

Do you have any photos of the helmet from front, back, left and right without the ears?

Ideally, these photos will be taken from a few feet back to help us get good perspective from the photos. Examples below;

a2f20898f4dc9ceb66d1aba30bfc91c3.jpg&key=c739f56d33c21a756211a8a3015a9a8460ba749f46209422b5e832877955632a

Thanks in advance,

Dan

• Like 1