I'm new here!

Doomhammer

Hello there! I've been looking around the forums for a while now and finally say "Hello".

I'm 30 years old, form Germany and trying to figure out what to do, to achieve my goal :unsure:

I would love to make a TLJ stormtrooper, but don't have any experience to do so.

So many shops to choose from and pros/cons for each one of them. After some research I decided to order:

Armor kit from KBprops

Boots and gloves from IB

Undersuit and Neck-seal from stormtrooperundersuit

Missing (found no shop so far):

Gaskets

Belt

F-11D Blaster

Still looking and researching how to get a proper FO-TK and happy for any advice and tips :)

greetings,

Ian

Edited by Doomhammer
  • Like 1

Hello and welcome aboard, good to see you have been doing some research, you can pick up a lot of info going through others build threads, there is also this thread you may find of use 

5 minutes ago, gmrhodes13 said:

Hello and welcome aboard, good to see you have been doing some research, you can pick up a lot of info going through others build threads, there is also this thread you may find of use 

Yeah saw this already, but didn't had enough time so far to dig in. Will spend a closer look the next days.

Thanks so far :) 

good night 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Doomhammer said:

I've send an Email already and waiting... 

22 minutes ago, Frank75139 said:

Might take a few extra days so don’t get discouraged. Some garrisons come to a complete stop around this time with Legion elections in full swing.

Exactly what I thought, so here is an overview that might help you. 4 of 5 German Squads do have an Attaché, so your chances are very good.

Edited by T-Jay

2 hours ago, T-Jay said:

Exactly what I thought, so here is an overview that might help you. 4 of 5 German Squads do have an Attaché, so your chances are very good.

Thanks for the (fast) help and advice so far! 

I asked 850 Armory for a Blaster kit. Is a 3D printed enough or better 100$more for a resin kit? 

"We can produce a solid resin cast F11 kit at $200.  We can 3D print one at $100."

1 hour ago, Doomhammer said:

(...)   I asked 850 Armory for a Blaster kit. Is a 3D printed enough or better 100$more for a resin kit? 

"We can produce a solid resin cast F11 kit at $200.  We can 3D print one at $100."

There are builds based on both of these materials.

Resin kits are very popular and have been the choice of countless troopers for many years now (at least for the common E-11 versions).

Meanwhile 3D-prints are on the market, too and the big issue here is: how accurate are the files?!

To find the right blaster for you, I suggest to first study the CRL of your preferred costume. Then check the requirements for that specific blaster(s) to bring it up to level 2 and 3.

Then look again at your $200-resin kit and the $100 3D-print to distinguish, which one fits best.

In case you are not familiar with levels 2 and 3, here is an introduction to this.

Any questions, just ask. :)

Welcome to the FISD, it looks like you are doing your homework. This site is the premier resource for all the information you seek. There are many awesome troopers that are more than willing to help out. Good luck, and have fun on your TK build. 

• 4 weeks later...