What's Up?

Hey Everyone!

My name is Jimmy, and I am a 20 year old guy from California who has been a gigantic Star Wars fan my entire life and would love to join the 501st!

I may be young, but I don't want that to stop me from making the Empire proud!

The TK Armor build seems a little daunting to me, especially since I am a college student with a lot on my plate, and I need some fellow Troopers to show me the way.

I would absolutely love to join and can't wait to see what is in store!

Hey Jimmy welcome to FISD. A TK build is time consuming and expensive. There is no need to rush through things you can take your time the Empire will never fall so there is always time to join. Have you reached out to your local garrison? We can help here online but sometimes is nicer to have some hands on help.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Hello and welcome aboard, research is the key to this hobby, you'll find some great info in the getting started section, good luck

Welcome Jimmy, the first place I would start is here. 
https://www.whitearmor.net/forum/forum/38-getting-started-read-this-first/

this will give you a ton of information on What to expect and where to find what you’ll need. 
I would also star reading the different build threads  especially this one  

as I know I’ve referred to it many of times and Tony has done a masterful job detailing his build step by step, good luck on your journey. 

Hello Jimmy,

Welcome to FISD. Just follow the advise above and you will be fine. Do ask if you have questions along the way.

Have fun here!

Hi Jimmy and welcome to the FISD!  Take some time to read through the links provided above and ask questions. We are here to help. The whole thing can seem a bit daunting at first, but it will make sense eventually. 

• Like 1

I can attest to the greatness that is Ukswrath's build thread.  It took a few months to build mine following his excellent example.  Definitely look at what you're going to do a few times before you do it just like if you were being a carpenter. ;) Loads of info on here to study while you wait for your kit to arrive once you order one.

Welcome. I bought my stormtrooper armor when I was 18, no need to worry about being young haha. 

Make sure to do your research and ask questions before buying. Hard armor is expensive so if you are looking to dip your toes into the 501st before spending lots of cash, I recommend checking out an officer costume. Many people use a more affordable costume to get in touch with local troopers and be part of the 501st before committing to a long project, that might be the best case for you. My staff officer costed about 200$. There is another detachment Fourm for that costume group or just message me for details. 

Hi Jimmy!
I'm still a student, too. No worries about being too young, there are younger members within our ranks!
I also started with a stormtrooper and I would never regret it. :)

Especially if you're a little technically gifted it should be no problem to build your stormtrooper. If not, you can still buy an assembled set of armor from one of the armor makers, but this might cost you a lot more money.

As stated before research is most important, check out the getting started section and consider which armor maker suits you most.

Welcome to the FISD. I second the use of Ukswraths build thread. It was the one I would revisit the most during my build. Not only does it have TONS of great information, it is also fun to read. 

• 4 weeks later...