RS Bicep Modification

Got my RS commission (ANH) recently and have a buddy take some photos of me suited up (reference below).

xq9VI9s.jpg

The main problem is that the biceps are very tight on me and are about as far up my arm as I can get them (they also make suiting up almost impossible to do on my own).

I was thinking of removing all the return edges to try and buy more space, but I am not sure that will help much.  Other option I was looking at was to space out the biceps slightly by placing some cover strips on the inside of the biceps to make them bigger (Saw a post about it from Joseph). Picture below of how the current return edges look on the biceps (pretty much identical for both).

38TF4cm.jpg

zMReINO.jpg

FOjp0FF.jpg

fUecROt.png

Thoughts? Thanks in advance.

Have you thought of removing some of the return edges, you have a bit there, you could also add a slightly bigger cover strip on the back.

• Like 1

This looks like a commission build from RS. I would contact them inquiring what type of glue was used to adhere the outer cover strips. If they used E6000 then as Glen mentioned maybe you can disassemble one side side (back side preferably), add a shim then put the cover strip back on. If they used CA glue then you take a risk of damaging the armor so check with them first though. 

Trimming the return edges won't make the biceps any bigger, unfortunately. RS uses superglue to assemble their armour so I don't think you will have much luck taking them apart successfully and even if you did, the superglue will need major cleanup and work that shouldn't be necessary if you gave them your measurements to work from. Get in touch for replacements, making sure they are bigger than the ones you have.

• Like 2

I also have confirmation that it is not e6000 as @troopermastersaid. 

I have a full commission from rs too and mine was pretty great measurements, if you sent the correct measurements and it’s too small then it must be a part on their end. Andrea might be able to send another pair, they did that with me for hand guards.

Edited by ImperialLoyalty342

Sounds like you sent the wrong measurements to them , but they are a cool company to work with , give them a ring this week and chat to them about the issue. They will try to help . 

6 hours ago, troopermaster said:

What you you talking about? Where did I mention E6000?

I said RS uses SUPERGLUE!

I meant as like « as you said » I agree with you. That’s why I said the word “also” meaning “too / aswell”

sorry if I said it wrong, I am from France :/

Edited by ImperialLoyalty342
  • Like 2

22 hours ago, ImperialLoyalty342 said:

I meant as like « as you said » I agree with you. That’s why I said the word “also” meaning “too / aswell”

sorry if I said it wrong, I am from France :/

It's alright Mason happens all the time :peace:

• Like 1