Thigh back-Help

CLJONES

Hey guys, need some help and advice.

Long story made short, I got some help on putting the suit together and this is what the thighs looks like when i got them back.  

Will this pass basic?

Any idea on how to make this more pleasing to the eye? 

Thanks and I really appreciate all the help and comments.

IMG_7687.jpg

Hi Carlton, welcome to FISD. I think the following forum thread may help you. take a look.  cheers

and this one for the ABS paste.

Edited by TKSpartan
add info

46 minutes ago, Carlton L Jones said:

thanks, that really helps....I will try this before venturing to buy replacements.  Lesson learned....do it yourself.

We learn a little everyday. You can also post photos of you progress  here  and keep on receiving tips and suggestions from our experienced troopers.

This links may help you to post photos directly into the thread so every one can see and asisst you.

Good luck and feel free to ask for help.

Cheers  :salute:

It's up to your GML (garrison membership liaison) who ultimately approves armor so I would check with them.

I am a GML and unfortunately I would not approve, couple of things the color doesn't match and also the width of the strips 

Here is another thread on rear thighs having similar issues

... hi :-)

wow!  ... ok tbh im not even sure what im seeing, but it looked like soft vinyl for some reason... 

what set of armour is it, and are those shims?  to make them larger?  they' d need to be colour matched to the whole suit, done in such a way as to keep the front to back shape from becomming a delta, and should be the same material if possible.

Edited by sylverbard

It is originally a suit from WTF(stunt), I mistakenly got somebody to help when I had no time (life issues).  But thats life and you move on.  It looks like they were shimmed with some sort of garage sign material..ugh............I have a concern about the bottom, it looks like part of the bottom ridge has been cut away, is it needed for passing?  if so I may just see about purchasing another set.....And again thanks guys.  I appreciate all the help now that I am actually able to do this.

6 hours ago, Carlton L Jones said:

.I have a concern about the bottom, it looks like part of the bottom ridge has been cut away, is it needed for passing? 

It is ok to have cut out sections, they had been seen on some screen armor

PfHevEd.jpgkN6Vajq.jpg

• Like 1