chiefbonan's TK ANH Stunt Build (Centurion)

chiefbonan

Fixed! [mention=30669]TheSwede[/mention] Thanks for the fix! The straps are 1 inch across

20yIJCM.jpg&key=ecc12c2c97184f1662357e512d4b009ad981bb7421f485671a963f792aa61138

Those look ALOT BETTER, Thomas ... keep up the GOOD WORK !!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

I think I might go with tandy snaps as they seem to be available in Australia, it looks like they have decent reviews, I'm guessing you guys are more familiar with them

Tandy is an American product (IIRC) so it makes sense to be more popular there.

I looked into the Tandy stuff a few years ago, and although the shop resolves with a .com.au address, I don’t the order is fulfilled in Australia. I think it still ships form the US.

There may be stores like Leflers in Fitzroy (again sketchy memory and I haven’t had coffee yet) who carry a small stock.

One of our UKG brethren put me onto Prymm products. I use a few more than just the snaps

4 hours ago, tarok said:

Tandy is an American product (IIRC) so it makes sense to be more popular there.

I looked into the Tandy stuff a few years ago, and although the shop resolves with a .com.au address, I don’t the order is fulfilled in Australia. I think it still ships form the US.

There may be stores like Leflers in Fitzroy (again sketchy memory and I haven’t had coffee yet) who carry a small stock.

One of our UKG brethren put me onto Prymm products. I use a few more than just the snaps emoji6.png

If that’s the case I might as well go with prym

Nice work :duim: Just make sure the velcro is hidden (Back view, side gap is fine) when the shin is fully closed. A suggestion would be to use the velcro in full lenght, makes it less obvious. I would also trim the bottom of the shins so they match a bit more inner/outer half:salute:

My belt has been finished and holster has been attached!
I used the rivet/snap method for the holster, even though the snaps here aren't the strongest, they'll be pressed up against the armour anyway. I've ordered some new stainless steel camping/boating snaps from an Australian company so they'll arrive way sooner.

EDIT: Changed the word rivet to snaps

7l4gYiR.jpgcFBHV2g.jpgOoedmpe.jpg

Only need to make the thermal detonator then it's onto the final fittings/adjustments! 

Edited by chiefbonan
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, chiefbonan said:

Only need to make the thermal detonator then it's onto the final fittings/adjustments!

Great work Thomas.

Remember for the TD to take a look to the reference photos, Centurion Application threads and measure twice, cut and glue once. :peace:

rx2OO9W.jpg?1Cw6ajii.jpg?1

w8zyGSp.jpg

FeRh64B.jpg

:salute:

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, chiefbonan said:

Are these screws approvable for my cert 3 thermal detonator?

Hi Thomas! Those screws you have appear more dome in style, rather than pan head. Joseph sells proper hardware sets, linked below, which I would highly recommend.

https://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/48550-centurion-level-hardware-sets-for-sale-open/

Wowee photo time! Here is some photos of my fully suited up! Things you should note are:
-I chose to wear the holster off so you can see the hard armour better
-The right side of the chest plate isn't snapped, as we lost the connection, so it flares out a bit
-I wore the frill of my neckseal over my shirt, so you can see it stick out a bit near my shoulder bells!
-I'm still in the middle of making the TD

-I didn't wear my handguards as these are my Nomex Flight Gloves, which i've heard many of you use as it is breatheable, I still have my rubber ones around too

I need to get a tighter black shirt, it makes frog-toe-webbing under my shoulders when I lift my arm out. I've always felt self consious about how skinny I am, hope it doesn't look too skinny in some areas. I feel the armour looks the worst from behind but you guys are the experts! I also probably could have done with rotating the shoulders a bit better forward, but easy fix, hard to tell what I look like in the mirror while I have it all on.

Please give constructive critisim, pros? cons? What should be address? Am I handsome stormtrooper? Thank you, very close to finishing!

Please keep in mind I am going for certification 3

zb11IUk.jpgyuope4M.jpgLRJkIPa.jpgJyYhS6J.jpgqnKpx5H.jpgrN6YlkT.jpg

• Like 2

Looks great, Tom! Once you’re done with the TD, I think you’re ready for your basic application - caveat: it’s 11pm here and I haven’t looked at the photos closely lol

Looking AWESOME, Thomas!  I must say you have really come a long way with this armor, sir... DANG I'm proud of ya'!  There are a few issues which you have noted, and as you are aware the ab/kidney and thigh ammo pack rivets will need to be painted, but overall a fantastic build!  I have a question for you, though... do you have padding in the top of the bucket?  The reason I ask is that it seems to ride pretty high.  Although it will not affect approval at any level, having it that high may affect your field of vision.  I had padding in the top of my first bucket, but found that I was constantly having to tilt my helmet forward just to be able to see.

nm88HIZ.jpg  wKtQOi3.jpg  uPAONFv.jpg?1          dg6WRx0.jpg?2 

Outstanding alignment on the thigh/calf and bicep/forearm cover strips!  I expect to see your submission in the "pre-approval" area soon... after that, it's Basic, EI, and then on to Centurion!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, justjoseph63 said:

Looking AWESOME, Thomas!  I must say you have really come a long way with this armor, sir... DANG I'm proud of ya'!  There are a few issues which you have noted, and as you are aware the ab/kidney and thigh ammo pack rivets will need to be painted, but overall a fantastic build!  I have a question for you, though... do you have padding in the top of the bucket?  The reason I ask is that it seems to ride pretty high.  Although it will not affect approval at any level, having it that high may affect your field of vision.  I had padding in the top of my first bucket, but found that I was constantly having to tilt my helmet forward just to be able to see.

nm88HIZ.jpg  wKtQOi3.jpg  uPAONFv.jpg?1          dg6WRx0.jpg?2 

Outstanding alignment on the thigh/calf and bicep/forearm cover strips!  I expect to see your submission in the "pre-approval" area soon... after that, it's Basic, EI, and then on to Centurion!

Thanks for the feedback and nice words everyone :) As for your comment Joseph, I'm not wearing much padding at all and I can see quite well out of the bucket.

We might hold off to paint those 6 side rivets as we might need to replace them, but those ones don't seem to unsnap much. As for the TD I should be able to finish it tomorrow

As for getting my Centurion, do I have to go for E-Inf first?

24 minutes ago, chiefbonan said:

We might hold off to paint those 6 side rivets as we might need to replace them, but those ones don't seem to unsnap much. As for the TD I should be able to finish it tomorrow

As for getting my Centurion, do I have to go for E-Inf first?

Not sure why you would need to replace them.  Are your snaps connected to them?

Yes on the second question.  First Basic (501st) approval, then EI, and after that Centurion! 

13 minutes ago, justjoseph63 said:

Not sure why you would need to replace them.  Are your snaps connected to them?

Yes on the second question.  First Basic (501st) approval, then EI, and after that Centurion! 

Yeah there is a male snap on the other side of those rivets, but they should be fine!

Hey mate

Painting the side rivets: if you’re going to replace them after approval, just use some white-out correction fluid to paint them. It’s cheap and does the trick for basic.