chiefbonan's TK ANH Stunt Build (Centurion)

chiefbonan

1 hour ago, CableGuy said:

Hey trooper,

Great job so far. emoji1303.png

Personally, I’d consider aligning the top of the ab plate with the top of the kidney. This will lead to a neater appearance at the top, plus it’ll help with where the belt sits on the kidney.

6197b4484f00780231b978364c3a438c.png

Aligning the top will be more beneficial than the bottom as the bottom will be partly obscured by the belt. :-)

sure thing! It moves up and down alot. Be getting into it in two days, very close to finishing now, itching to try it all on once it's complete

• Like 1

Mobile tool boxes are popular,  Husky and the likes you will find many posts for them.  I use a hockey bag which is usually big enough.  I've seen suitcase of all kinds being used as well.

7 hours ago, chiefbonan said:

Hello all, so how do most of you store your TK armour?

I use one of this storage boxes .

https://www.amazon.com/Sterilite-14699002-Wheeled-Industrial-Latches/dp/B00V87CQYM/ref=sr_1_1?crid=1I3Z6UMBP0O60&dchild=1&keywords=storage+box+with+wheels&qid=1591622104&sprefix=storage+box+with+whe%2Caps%2C221&sr=8-1

Plenty of space and don't need to disassemble the torso.:salute:

Husky crates aren’t available in Australia, in fact I think they’re only available in North America.

Stanley do a large rolling tool chest as part of their Fat Max range. Have a chat to the folks at the special orders desk of your local Bunnings. Ask them for the 30 gallon. There’s a 52 gallon too, but I’m uncertain whether it’s sold here.

Alternatives are hard shell suitcases, other types of “wheelie bins/containers”, or 4x4/ute crates from Anaconda or similar stores.

Thank you all for your ideas, it seems those cases with the wheels seem to be the most liked, will sure have to pick one up! 
In other great news, my handplates finally arrived! Our Aussie post took weeks to deliver them thanks to COVID-19, to the point I thought we lost them. But they finally turned up. These were the last piece I needed to get to complete my TK for approval, no need to get anything else!

These handplates were made by our good friend @justjoseph63 who has been very helpful throughout my build! Thanks mate, legend! I got two sets, one for me, and one for my dad. They are very good quality:

r0F9gIt.jpg

• Like 3

Thank you all for your ideas, it seems those cases with the wheels seem to be the most liked, will sure have to pick one up! 
In other great news, my handplates finally arrived! Our Aussie post took weeks to deliver them thanks to COVID-19, to the point I thought we lost them. But they finally turned up. These were the last piece I needed to get to complete my TK for approval, no need to get anything else!

These handplates were made by our good friend [mention=22112]justjoseph63[/mention] who has been very helpful throughout my build! Thanks mate, legend! I got two sets, one for me, and one for my dad. They are very good quality:

r0F9gIt.jpg&key=862c58d0b82a068f31e2b6108218937d7c447b187d9c1ece074298a8e99598ac

JUSTJOSEPH helped me out ALOT. I too have his silicone hand plates !!! They are awesome!!! U cannot go wrong with JUSTJOSEPH !!! Kudos mate.... now let’s get u APPROVED !!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, TK 71627 said:

JUSTJOSEPH helped me out ALOT. I too have his silicone hand plates !!! They are awesome!!! U cannot go wrong with JUSTJOSEPH !!! Kudos mate.... now let’s get u APPROVED !!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hoo-Rah!

• Like 1

Small update, got working tonight on some parts to finish:

Heres a pic of my neckseal being glued together under some heavy books:
6m3Dq4H.jpg

My right leg being glued together in the PROPER order:

n4r16Wk.jpg

Stuck on my belt buttons:

cG8jjTq.jpg

Sticking in my helmet innards: 

7ULzAwg.jpg

And finally the top left of my main belly button square was sticking up a bit, just sticking it back down. Also need to stick the bottom of the smaller box too, you can see it sticking it up a bit.

idG2SOj.jpg

• Like 1

5 hours ago, chiefbonan said:

These handplates were made by our good friend @justjoseph63 who has been very helpful throughout my build! Thanks mate, legend! I got two sets, one for me, and one for my dad. They are very good quality.

5 hours ago, TK 71627 said:

JUSTJOSEPH helped me out ALOT. I too have his silicone hand plates !!! They are awesome!!! U cannot go wrong with JUSTJOSEPH

Awww, you guys are gonna' make me blush, lol.  Thanks.  Awesome job on painting those ab-buttons, Thomas! :jc_doublethumbup:

• Like 1

Hello all, just wondering if this is a good option for a blaster?

https://www.etsy.com/au/listing/724063324/e-11-blaster-rifle-custom-3d-printed-kit?ga_order=most_relevant&ga_search_type=all&ga_view_type=gallery&ga_search_query=e11&ref=sr_gallery-1-4

It's a long wait for a doopydoos (if they ever come back in stock) but they are pretty cheap if they do come back. The thing is though once they come back in stock I assume they'll sell like hotcakes as they are so favourable in the 501st. 

The blaster I linked is 3D printed though, plus it has a long process time, but I think i'm used to waiting ;) (Thanks AusPost) 

35 minutes ago, chiefbonan said:

Hello all, just wondering if this is a good option for a blaster?

https://www.etsy.com/au/listing/724063324/e-11-blaster-rifle-custom-3d-printed-kit?ga_order=most_relevant&ga_search_type=all&ga_view_type=gallery&ga_search_query=e11&ref=sr_gallery-1-4

It's a long wait for a doopydoos (if they ever come back in stock) but they are pretty cheap if they do come back. The thing is though once they come back in stock I assume they'll sell like hotcakes as they are so favourable in the 501st. 

The blaster I linked is 3D printed though, plus it has a long process time, but I think i'm used to waiting ;) (Thanks AusPost) 

Hi Thomas, It looks good . there are a couple of details that you must consider , I think not a big deal, that require some changes:

1- The crl states for the E-11 Blaster 3D printed  

3-D printed blasters can not contain visible print lines, and must be sanded smooth for a more realistic appearance.

I think , probably , an intensive sanding work would be necessary to let it smooth surface.

2- The T track down the magazine need to be removed, not installed .  (easy fix)

Crl:  Scratch-built or cast blasters shall have a total of 6 T-tracks on blaster (leaving the lowest row on the magazine housing side uncovered)

2EjKg5c.jpg

3-  For Anh stunt the flashlight  need to be removed (or don't install it)  and , if you see in detail, the T tracks behind  it are divided, this is not a real problem because you can use the one you haven't installed down the magazine.

tDP1eAa.jpg

4 - Reading the customers reviews, someone said It has no the D-Ring, so consider you would need to buy one.

Michael Jan 20, 2020

5 out of 5 stars    
I have just received the E-11 today in Singapore and this model is so far the best SLA print that I have ever receive for my E-11 collections! (This is my sixth) the only slight disappointment is that it does not comes with the D-Ring and the stock is non folding. However the details of the Hengstler Counter makes its all worthwhile!

Hope this can give some help.

Cheers a good luck mate !!  :salute:

Edited by TKSpartan
add info
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, TKSpartan said:

Hi Thomas, It looks good . there are a couple of details that you must consider , I think not a big deal, that require some changes:

1- The crl states for the E-11 Blaster 3D printed  

3-D printed blasters can not contain visible print lines, and must be sanded smooth for a more realistic appearance.

I think , probably , an intensive sanding work would be necessary to let it smooth surface.

2- The T track down the magazine need to be removed, not installed .  (easy fix)

Crl:  Scratch-built or cast blasters shall have a total of 6 T-tracks on blaster (leaving the lowest row on the magazine housing side uncovered)

2EjKg5c.jpg

3-  For Anh stunt the flashlight  need to be removed (or don't install it)  and , if you see in detail, the T tracks behind  it are divided, this is not a real problem because you can use the one you haven't installed down the magazine.

tDP1eAa.jpg

Hope this can give some help.

Cheers a good luck mate !!  :salute:

awesome, the square gap behind the flashlight wont be an issue? thanks!

7 minutes ago, chiefbonan said:

awesome, the square gap behind the flashlight wont be an issue? thanks!

ohh I haven't noticed, I think It could be covered by the new T track, but I'm not sure If would need to apply some plastic seal (abs paste or something) if it not get covered enough .  This is something to consider.

If you can get it Down under, this stuff is fantastic and will save you a lot of work.  Sandable and quick drying,

Mc31Pqo.jpg?1

• Like 1

We do have filler and we could also use a type of Bondo. Just messaged the guy about wait times as it says EDT is from August to September. It is one of the higher quality 3D prints I've seen when it comes to the E11 Blaster. I've also tried to contact Preatorian Blasters a few times but haven't anything back from them

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, chiefbonan said:

Also to add, I doubt I will be going for cert 2/3 for the blaster, just the basic! Just for something for me to hold whilst trooping and the such

In that case, for basic approval even the Blaster is not required .

cheers

42 minutes ago, TKSpartan said:

In that case, for basic approval even the Blaster is not required .

cheers

I've been looking around and it seems that I have found a maker that goes by the name Przemylaw Grzeisak on Facebook after asking around on the Star Wars Helmets, Props & Costumes Group. He makes resin cast ones, for around $125 USD a Kit. He is a 501st member, anyone heard of him before?

2ZM3KdM.jpg