chiefbonan's TK ANH Stunt Build (Centurion)

chiefbonan

On 5/2/2020 at 6:01 PM, chiefbonan said:

Well that didn't go to plan! Tube of E-6000 exploded in my hands. Spent 2 hours picking dry glue off of my hands!

--swwwshhhh-

Seems like some Rebels messed with the Imperial supply lines... Imagination ran wild on that post and had to laugh (sorry)

• Like 1

I would like to get some expert opinions on a few items for the suit!

Do you think I need to repaint these buttons? They got a bit wrinkley for some reason, I think too much paint. They seem to be the right size though.

63BWGXV.jpg

This is my thermal detornator, which we've been leaving until last, as it is a removeable addition. It's a slight shade darker than the helmet greys, and in darker environments it's almost a light black. Do you think it needs a repaint?
Hv1YRaB.jpg
I got some nomex gloves for the hotter troopers, WAY more breathable and flame proof if I ever get attacked by a flamethrower:

TzybJjQ.jpg

Here is my belt, any suggestions on how to layout the snaps/rivets?

naIZCzT.jpg

And finally the new ribs for my neckpiece:

ln5bdVM.jpg

Thank you all for your help so far, nearly there, I've been tired and groggy for like the last week and honestly haven't been feeling it right now, but getting back into it tomorrow hopefully!

• Like 1

There is no standard for the grey used for the TD. With the end caps, button panel and proper positioning there will only be a small amount of grey visible. So your paint should be fine.

The ab buttons are more visible do you might want to clean them up. Thin layers of paint and clean up edges can make them sharper. Some people use a stencil or other type of guide. Mine are stickers so I took easy way out. As long as some of button is not painted, leaving even slight ridge, you will be fine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

For the belt first make sure the length is correct. Right over left in back and not extending too far. Check some of the walk through threads for snap placement. You want belt slightly over ab button panel and centered.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi Tom,

As mentioned on the KFG forum, it looks like your shin outers and inners may be swapped around. I wonder it those in the know could give it a 2nd look over? @justjoseph63

For your basic approval, I suggest using the ABS hand armour. I can tell you now our GML is going to push back on the EVA foam armour.

And then a trooping tip: shape the tail of your butt armour (the bit that goes  down under your cheeks) a bit. Those square tips are going to tear you up fierce between your legs.

Edited by tarok
  • Like 1

36 minutes ago, tarok said:

Hi Tom,

As mentioned on the KFG forum, it looks like your shin outers and inners may be swapped around. I wonder it those in the know could give it a 2nd look over? @justjoseph63

For your basic approval, I suggest using the ABS hand armour. I can tell you now our GML is going to push back on the EVA foam armour.

And then a trooping tip: shape the tail of your butt armour (the bit that goes  down under your cheeks) a bit. Those square tips are going to tear you up fierce between your legs.

Tarok! How are ya! I've actually ordered laytex handguards from @justjoseph63 ! And no one has brought up that shin thing yet

Edited by chiefbonan

5 hours ago, tarok said:

"...it looks like your shin outers and inners may be swapped around. I wonder it those in the know could give it a 2nd look over? @justjoseph63

In looking at the photo below it does appear that way, but it could very well be the angle of the photo.  If you look at the width and curvature of the right one as opposed to the left one there seems to be a pretty big difference.  If you could post up a few "straight on" pics of the left and right together (front and back, no need to suit up) we can figure this out!  If this is indeed the case, it's honestly not the biggest of deals to fix though, Thomas.  I had to do the same thing on my first build (and a lot more), so you are in good company!  Your build so far has been incredible, so don't let it get you down, sir.  You can do this!

YF7kk1z.jpg

Hello! here are the pics you guys requested! Lucky we glued these with E-6000. If this will affect my Cert-3 me will defs have to change it. Since I'd really like to keep going for it as I've put heaps of work into it so far to obtain it (and money lol).  Dad's opinion is that it might be the photo plus the fact that we've cut them down so much for my skinny legs. But will see what you guys think. Fingers crossed!

WA8wPQH.jpgFHcMGiJ.jpg

GmWssbJ.jpgPmkYpMj.jpg

PVATWN9.jpgGpnuAFR.jpg

On 5/6/2020 at 8:42 PM, chiefbonan said:

ello! here are the pics you guys requested! Lucky we glued these with E-6000. If this will affect my Cert-3 me will defs have to change it. Since I'd really like to keep going for it as I've put heaps of work into it so far to obtain it (and money lol).  Dad's opinion is that it might be the photo plus the fact that we've cut them down so much for my skinny legs. But will see what you guys think. Fingers crossed!

Hi Thomas, you're build is going impressive most impressive. If I can make some comment about the Shins, looking at the photos you posted, It looks the they're swapped around as Rudi mentioned and if you look the inner curvature It looks better in the first two  photos you provided. .  This is not a world's end cause I consider is an easy fix for you.

This one on the RIGHT  leg

WA8wPQH.jpg&key=af691fa0dbafed9c8bddda89

FHcMGiJ.jpg&key=8da3c845f79ea9dede6c561d

I know we can wait for more opinions, there is the wisdom.

Cheers. :salute:

Edited by TKSpartan
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, TKSpartan said:

Hi Thomas, you're build is going impressive most impressive. If I can make some comment about the Shins, looking at the photos you posted, It looks the they're swapped around as Rudi mentioned and if you look the inner curvature It looks better in the first two  photos you provided. .  This is not a world's end cause I consider is an easy fix for you.

This one on the RIGHT  leg

WA8wPQH.jpg&key=af691fa0dbafed9c8bddda89

FHcMGiJ.jpg&key=8da3c845f79ea9dede6c561d

I know we can wait for more opinions, there is the wisdom.

Cheers. :salute:

Hello! Thanks for the advice, which ones need to be swapped? I'm having trouble understanding which ones!

1 hour ago, chiefbonan said:

Hello! Thanks for the advice, which ones need to be swapped? I'm having trouble understanding which ones!

From my view, you just need to change the Sniper Knee from one to the other and the rear cover strip, but I would suggest, before doing any Change  to try something, put on your Right Shin in your left leg and the left one (with the sniper knee) in the right leg, what for this? Just to see the inner curve position.

It sounds crazy but it's what I would do to be sure that there is something to fix.

Cheers

24 minutes ago, TKSpartan said:

From my view, you just need to change the Sniper Knee from one to the other and the rear cover strip, but I would suggest, before doing any Change  to try something, put on your Right Shin in your left leg and the left one (with the sniper knee) in the right leg, what for this? Just to see the inner curve position.

It sounds crazy but it's what I would do to be sure that there is something to fix.

Cheers

hmmm, might need some more opinions, not saying you're wrong, just having trouble understanding. Looking at each calf, it seems the right calf is slightly larger than the left, even though the openings are the same size. I was thinking more of swapping the sniper knees outer shell with the other legs inner one if you know what I mean. Confusing, but this is what the fourms are for, I'm glad you guys caught it! Hopefully @justjoseph63 and @tarok can shed more light. Thanks Spartan!

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, chiefbonan said:

Do the curvier sides go on the inside correct?

It's supposed due to the natural shape of the legs. But not all armor has the two shins, mine is a RWA armor and it has two right shins, and is screen accurate as I know. :D

So these are my shins, you can see how the one on the left is a bit more bloated than the one on the right: 

eE9SSeV.jpg

So the question is, Option 1 or 2?

1.                                                                             2.

g70NhJ9.jpgJWTZGfb.jpg

Thank you, so close to finishing now

Option 2 is the right way to go.

The parts may not line up correctly but that's just how it is. I'm not sure who made your armour but it looks like either RS or Anovos (both same moulds) and the original RS armour had identical shins made up of 2 x left outer parts and 2 x right outer parts. Rob (of RS) made some inner parts by reshaping casts from the outer parts and these are the ones you have paired together currently as the left shin with sniper knee plate attached. Your right shin is made of the correctly shaped outer parts, so swap your right inner over to your left outer and that's the way they should be paired up.

• Like 3

21 hours ago, troopermaster said:

Option 2 is the right way to go.

The parts may not line up correctly but that's just how it is. I'm not sure who made your armour but it looks like either RS or Anovos (both same moulds) and the original RS armour had identical shins made up of 2 x left outer parts and 2 x right outer parts. Rob (of RS) made some inner parts by reshaping casts from the outer parts and these are the ones you have paired together currently as the left shin with sniper knee plate attached. Your right shin is made of the correctly shaped outer parts, so swap your right inner over to your left outer and that's the way they should be paired up.

Awesome, I think we will do that soon, seems like it will look right!