Holster

Guest TerribleBen

Junos, I have seen other images with the E-11s having slings on them in Rogue One. The image I posted above was from San Diego Comic Con. If you are looking for more images, try the deleted scenes from the beach battle on Scarif.

• Like 1

Just remember using "deleted scenes" would not allow the use in the CRL so you would need actual movie references for it to be added ;) 

• Like 1

Gmrhodes13, I am not looking for an argument, just discussion.

I admit that I do not know what the threshold is for something to be considered “cannon” for consideration in the CRLs; however, I do know that we developed almost all the CRLs for the ROTK prior to the film’s release date (12-19-2016). Further, the vast majority of the CRLs were developed based on the images from Star Wars Celebration Europe 2016 which occurred in July of 2016. Additionally, we used numerous images from trailers leading up to December and many of the trailer images were deleted scenes.

What I do know is that there are numerous images of the Rogue one Stormtrooper at official Disney and/or LFL events with slung E-11s.

The first image I posted was from San Diego Comic Con 2019.

----------

Next we have D23 2019, another ROTK with a left-hand slung E-11 and it is not a reversed image (notice the sign to the left of the TK).

9fgIAq2.jpg

Lastly, we have the Star Wars Marathon display at the El Capitan theater on December 19th, 2019 in Hollywood CA, notice the ROTK on the left with a slung E-11.

DfyK9UA.jpg

I suppose someone can argue that these displays were with mannequins that could not hold the weapons in their hands. When I have some time I will search the Rogue One dvd for any images of a Stormtroopers with a slung E-11s.

Edited by gmrhodes13
link removed no longer working

2 hours ago, 11b30b4 said:

Gmrhodes13, I am not looking for an argument, just discussion.

I admit that I do not know what the threshold is for something to be considered “cannon” for consideration in the CRLs; however, I do know that we developed almost all the CRLs for the ROTK prior to the film’s release date (12-19-2016). Further, the vast majority of the CRLs were developed based on the images from Star Wars Celebration Europe 2016 which occurred in July of 2016. Additionally, we used numerous images from trailers leading up to December and many of the trailer images were deleted scenes.

What I do know is that there are numerous images of the Rogue one Stormtrooper at official Disney and/or LFL events with slung E-11s.

The first image I posted was from San Diego Comic Con 2019.

Next we have D23 2019, another ROTK with a left-hand slung E-11 and it is not a reversed image (notice the sign to the left of the TK).

Lastly, we have the Star Wars Marathon display at the El Capitan theater on December 19th, 2019 in Hollywood CA, notice the ROTK on the left with a slung E-11.

I suppose someone can argue that these displays were with mannequins that could not hold the weapons in their hands. When I have some time I will search the Rogue One dvd for any images of a Stormtroopers with a slung E-11s.

Sorry was not arguing just giving the information as to what was required for inclusion into the CRL's.

Basically screen references need to be seen, but YES I have seen a sling used, NOT a holster which was originally the question of this thread ;) 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 2/22/2020 at 9:34 AM, sylverbard said:

sling under hard armour.  are  R1TK bells and bicepts different than ANH?

Very much yes. The shape is different as well as the center ridge. They are also symmetrical (no swoop).

The biceps are also different - they were not entirely closed and again are effectively symmetrical (meaning the general shape, as well as no thumbprint) though the way that they open/overlap does imply a left and right.

• Like 1

On 2/26/2020 at 5:14 PM, TheRascalKing said:

Very much yes. The shape is different as well as the center ridge. They are also symmetrical (no swoop).

The biceps are also different - they were not entirely closed and again are effectively symmetrical (meaning the general shape, as well as no thumbprint) though the way that they open/overlap does imply a left and right.

but are they separate thus allowing for a sling to be slid up to sit on the shoulder or is there still a bicept to should strapping?  otherwise the sling would go on, then the bell to clavicle strap.  

otherwise I think the slings are a goof, an afterthought, or just to hold a blaster for display.