ROS - would the "original" plot have been better?

Daetrin

After watching this video on what was supposedly the original storyline for ROS, TBH I think it would have made a better movie. What do you guys think?

Yeah, I definitely think it sounds awesome!

I feel like that would have been really cool to see, but I’m wondering if the roles were reversed, and it was JJ’s that got scrapped and Trevorrow’s that made it to theaters, maybe I would feel the same about the scrapped movie, and would like JJ’s movie better.

Edited by StarTrooper
Typo

I agree, I have read a few threads on plot leaks and what could have been sounded a lot more feasible, I'm still hoping we see a directors cut at least it would give the movie a few fill in spots which could help to explain a few things

• Like 2

The concept art does look good and the film certainly would have had a darker tone based on what I have read and seen from various media outlets. I still enjoyed what we got but always want more.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I will say though, as much as well all have slightly different ideas of how the story could be told, it is testament to the love of Star Wars that keeps us engaged and talking about it. I don’t think there could ever be a perfect version of the new movie trilogy that would have everyone truely satisfied and that is what drives discussion and passion.
I can fully appreciate all this artwork to let the imagination run wild with possibilities and who’s to say we won’t see some of it used in the future. We can live in hope.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Harbinger said:

Finally watched this. Sounds like it could have been better, I didn’t particularly love or hate TROS. Just meh.

Same feeling bro.