Hello!

Outhouse

Hey everyone, I am a noob but I’m looking to start my journey to be accepted to the 501st. I have pretty much decided on my vendor (RS) and my budget is around $1000 with no helmet. With that being said, I need help verifying that my helmet is 501 approved. Can someone point me in the right direction as I am completely new to this?

What bucket do you have currently? And to know if it could work we also need to know which TK variant you want to do. (ANH Stunt, ANH Hero, ESB, ROTJ (won't work well with RS armor) they got subtle but important differences between each

Hello Daniel, Welcome to FISD.

Some pictures would certainly help us to judge if your helmet is eligible, here is a guide to posting images on the forum:

• Like 1

Hi Daniel.  Welcome to the FISD!  As mentioned above, post a picture of your helmet here and we should be able to help you out in short order.  The RS armor is a very good choice.  Congrats on starting your 501st journey!  There is much awesomeness ahead of you. :smiley-sw013:

• Like 1

2 hours ago, masterx244 said:

What bucket do you have currently? And to know if it could work we also need to know which TK variant you want to do. (ANH Stunt, ANH Hero, ESB, ROTJ (won't work well with RS armor) they got subtle but important differences between each

Sorry, that would be helpful. ANH stunt. I will check out the link to post photos. Thanks so much guys!

3 hours ago, Outhouse said:

Sorry, that would be helpful. ANH stunt. I will check out the link to post photos. Thanks so much guys!

Then RS is a good source :). Got the soft parts covered, too? (and whats the manufacturer of your bucket?)

Hello and welcome aboard, you could also have a look through some of the build threads to see examples of maker armor ;) 

1 hour ago, masterx244 said:

Then RS is a good source :). Got the soft parts covered, too? (and whats the manufacturer of your bucket?)

yes, soft parts are included. I am not sure the maker of the helmet, i got it second hand off ebay. Take a look!

NXzdX3u.jpg

33fXcGZ.jpg

hFstfao.jpg

A7vyyJW.jpg

You may need to do a little bit of work touching up the paint, doesn't quite fit in the recessed areas well, also tube stripes ideally are a pencil width from the cheeks ;) 

Also trim a little more from around the eyes, be amazed how much extra view you have. 

Some references

DaveMANH01.jpgDaveMANH08.jpgDaveMANH06.jpg

22 hours ago, Outhouse said:

yes, soft parts are included. I am not sure the maker of the helmet, i got it second hand off ebay. Take a look!

NXzdX3u.jpg

33fXcGZ.jpg

hFstfao.jpg

A7vyyJW.jpg

Thats one of my AP helmet but will require better eye trim and better paintjob,  I can offer just armor to match helmet,check my AP costumes at link below you will see pictures of same exact helmet but properly detailed, as you can see it makes a big difference when done correctly I can also offer you all the helmet decals if you don't wish to paint : 

Mark (AP)

Edited by ABS80
  • Like 3

Hi Daniel and welcome to the FISD!  I think everyone has hit the nail on the head so far.  Also, you can't go wrong with one of Mark's AP kits.  It is top notch.  Good luck with your build!

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, ImperialLoyalty342 said:

Welcome. I would recommend going for new hope tk. Rs is the best for that set since they cast directly from a screen used new hope TK. 

It's not all about what the cast is but also longevity and price to keep in mind ;) 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...