First Work Assignment: Find Quality Trooper Outfits

CapnRogo

Hello All,

I've always been a huge Star Wars fan, and to my delight, my first assignment at my new job is to purchase a pair of stormtrooper/clonetrooper outfits for an event we have coming up.

I have a budget of about $2,000 for each suit, and we have about 40 days until our event, so I thought I'd reach out to the community to see what people would recommend.

I know there is a recommended vendor list, and I'm currently working through those, but many of them have a wait time that makes them unavailable. I'm also a relatively inexperienced builder, so I was hoping to find something that would come pre-assembled.

Some other requests from my supervisor is that one of the suits be painted red, and the other blue, and they are also interested in suits from the Advance Recon Commando line. I'd be willing to do some of the paint work myself, but I need the suit comes in with enough time to paint and make sure that everything fits.

Could someone help point me in the right direction, or share their tips? Your help is greatly appreciated.

That's a great budget but being an inexperienced builder and needing to make two kits in such a short timeline may be a little rough.  There's a wealth of info here depending on which kit you finally decide on.

for the ARC troopers you want to take a look at imperial surplus .

the helmet you can get from dave's armory if you want it fast . ( if you have time to wait go for evo3 props ) 

boots from crowprops.

i got an ARC trooper fives myself .

godspeed ! 

TK-40996

Thanks for the post, I've looked into Imperial Surplus, but it looks like they have a 6-8 week turnaround. I need to have the outfits ready for our event in March, so I don't think I will be able to go with them, as their kits still require some assembly.

I'll keep looking, but I may have to look at some of the other vendors on this site and other 501st groups and build the suits up piecemeal.

$2000 a suit is a healthy budget (so often new members want armor CHEAP), however as mentioned your timeline may be unrealistic. Unless you can find someone selling their suit(s), most vendors simply cannot get a suit made and sent to you in that short of a time.

What country are you located in? If in the US, for example, WTF, ATA and others that are based in the USA may be able to get you something quickly.

Harbinger

Thank you for the comment. Yeah, I'm realizing as I look that it's going to be difficult to find something that meets the exact billing with the time I'm being provided (I don't even officially start until next week, but I knew this would need time).

I'm located in Michigan in the U.S.

I have found a few options within my price range that will come ready to wear, but most of those options don't check off all the boxes that I'm looking for, so I'm already preparing to let my supervisor know his expectations may need to be adjusted.

I'll check out the sites that you've mentioned.

Edited by CapnRogo

There area few vetted vendors who can build your armor sets for you, including AP and RS props (which may have the fastest turnaround).  I would suggest contacting them and explaining your situation and perhaps they can put a "rush" on them.  I heard that Dave at AM also builds armor, but again, you should check with him first.

Another thing you should consider is that pre-assembled kits are bespoke, and you would need the necessary measurements for those who would be wearing them.  Otherwise, they may not fit correctly.  Even the difference of a few inches here or there can make a difference, as pieces like the limbs (forearms/biceps- thighs/calves) are pre-assembled and not easy to adjust.

There are also other items to consider in your budget... Under-suits, neck seals, gloves, etc. will be required.  This list may help.

Whatever vendor you use, we are here to help at all stages so always feel free to ask any and all questions you have.

If you are looking for someone to build an incredible set of armor that you have purchased from someone else, Tony @ukswrath is a LEGEND here!

50 minutes ago, justjoseph63 said:

If you are looking for someone to build an incredible set of armor that you have purchased from someone else, Tony @ukswrath is a LEGEND here!

Legend, really?

In my own mind maybe :laugh1:

4 minutes ago, ukswrath said:

Legend, really?

Well, with only a little more than thirteen thousand posts here you are getting pretty darned close!

• Like 1