Juno's R1TK: 850 armorworks and more.

Junos

• 9 months later...

It's not the prettiest first try, but it's mine.

Today is cutting day, trying to get as much as I can done while it isn't raining like every other day. 

Cuts are very raw but the job today is to get all the fat off and then sand the excess down. That's how you're suppose to do this, right? 

Also damn the helmet was a pain. I can see why they come seperated and not joined now. Tricky angles for a fat dremel.  So far I've cut the outer arm gauntlets and the helmet. 

IMG_20210717_165212.jpg

Edit: Helmet eyes, mouth vents, gauntlets, chest front+ back, stomach and pelvis front+ back are cut out

Edited by Junos

On 9/23/2020 at 11:24 PM, ImperialWolf said:

Hey Juno I hope the Covid hasn't beaten you down and you're hard at work. Looking forward to following this build. I have a Jimmy kit coming R1TK and wanted to clarify where you got your undersuit? Thanks and hope all is well! 

Hi Jeremy, sorry for such the long delay. For some reason I didn't get any notifications to the site.

I got my Undersuit from ExtremeRacing, the UK based company. https://www.extremeracing.co.uk/stormtrooper-costume.html

On 9/23/2020 at 11:58 PM, TheDecisiveRaindrop said:

I second this, although I understand you’ve probably been busy with commissions.

Progress has resumed! Finally nice weather and a kick in the *** to take the armor out of the winter storage.

Edited by Junos

Only real noticable mistake I did so far, though I'm sure you guys might be able to spot others where I might have trimmed too much on other parts. 

I'm going to have to bondo this lip back on and then retrim it. The armor isn't flush with the undersuit right? It has a bit of overhang to prop it up from the body yeah? Or is this microfocusing not that important in the long run. 

Pictured: backplate

IMG_20210718_170732.jpg

16 hours ago, Junos said:

I'm going to have to bondo this lip back on and then retrim it. The armor isn't flush with the undersuit right? It has a bit of overhang to prop it up from the body yeah? Or is this microfocusing not that important in the long run. 

The armor does not really have a return edge like ANH - it is just a thicker, flat edge in most places because the material is just thicker... Since the production suits aren't thin ABS like that, I would probably leave a very slight return edge to give it the look of thicker material.

2 hours ago, Cobratrooper said:

Looking good! 

One question.

Did you buy the ribbed undersuit or the regular undersuit?

Hopefully not - to be clear, the ribbed suit on from Extreme Racing would not be accurate or approvable for RO - the ribbing is totally different.

Good luck with your build!

17 hours ago, Cobratrooper said:

Looking good! 

One question.

Did you buy the ribbed undersuit or the regular undersuit?

I bought the regular suit, as cool as the ribbed one looks 

• Like 1