Helotech's 3D-Props DLT-19 Build

Helotech

Wow, Dave. :jc_doublethumbup: Congrats on completing this beautiful blaster.

Looking at the surface makes it hard to believe this is a 3D printed kit.

Absolutely outstanding. Also seeing the Blast-FX installed to a DLT-19 takes this to another level. :duim:

Not to mention your paint-jobs. It paid off to go that deep into multi-layer paint and research for weathering.

An absolute piece of art. :icon_bow:

Take good care of it and have a lot of fun when trooping with it.

• Like 1

Thanks Tino! 

This was definitely a labour of love. The printing was typical filament layers and took quite a bit of sanding.

I now have to make a stand or display mount for it. 

This summer I will try building a blaster weapon rack, similar to the one seen in the Death Star Security office, so it can be displayed beside my armor.

• Like 1

Yup! That is my inspiration. I have that page bookmarked.

I was going to make a combo blaster rack. I currently have my DLT, 4 E-11’s (various stages of doneness) and my SE-14 and will want to put them on the same display. Kind of like it would be in a security room. A grab and go rack.

All my wood working tools are in my unheated shed at the moment, otherwise I would start. At -20 C there is no way I am working out there!

I’ll do a build thread for that.Not sure if I’ll keep it here or on another forum page, but I will link the two together. I’d like to get it done within a shorter build period so it doesn’t drag on for ever like this did.

Just running through ideas in my head at the moment on how it will look.

I would like another DLT to fill up the rack, but there is no way I’m doing another filament printed one like this! Too much work. 

The second DLT would strictly be for display, not trooping.

I did find very good files to 3D print a MG-34. That is where I got the cocking handle file for this build.

However, I only have a small resin printer at the moment, so I would have to cut it into lots of smaller bits, and it will eat up allot of resin. I would also have to source tubing of correct diameter for barrel shroud, etc.

The wife has authorized the purchase of a larger resin printer, and my 50th B-Day is coming up, so you never know….;)

3 hours ago, Goggytalks said:

Really nice work your doing there. look forward to a video showcasing the effects.

YouTube video link is on page 2. 4 videos in a playlist. Commentary is last and longest one.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

And some final pics for this thread. 

Until I can build my blaster rack, I needed a way to display the DLT. I bought some padded tool U shaped hooks from hardware store, drilled them into conveniently spaced wall studs, and hung the DLT.

I now am sourcing a good case for it so I can bring it to troops without raising eye brows in hotel lobbies...

9kQ0n02.jpg

E1ttVVN.jpg

• Like 6