Rubber shoulder straps

jimbotron

Not sure if this is the place to put this post but I'm looking for TK shoulder straps and remember seeing a post about rubber ones. Does anyone know where to find these and if they are worth buying?

Thanks

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

Rubber shoulder straps are use on the R1 (rogue one) TK's. I doubt approvable for ANH stunt or hero ;) 

Glen is 100% correct on this, Jim.  As per the CRL for Basic approval, armor parts must be made from White fiberglass, ABS, HIPS or PVC.  Are you having issues with yours?

Yeah one of mine busted off right before a troop and I'm looking for a way to avoid that in the future. I love this organization and that the standards are high but sometimes it gets annoying when we have to spend our money and time on costumes that were designed for movie shots and not long troops. Just looking for ways to keep trooping. Right now I am out of commission until I get replacement straps in and get them on. Guess there are no other options. Thanks

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

A lot of armor suppliers do sell spares so it may be an option, just watch purchasing from different suppliers as color can be different.

I trooped 6 years with a shoulder strap issue then got a crack in one, I added a strengthening strip of ABS plate behind which has given more strength, could be an option.

• Like 1

I have helped several troopers by making a second layer reinforcing for their shoulder bridges, it quite simple and has proved to be very effective as a repair or making the addition before it cracks or breaks.

In this instance it was RS armour that had cracked almost through.

I used 1mm thick HIPS on this set, first I worked out the right amount of curvature, then used a hot water bath to create that curve.

Then i marked in pencil the amount of room I had to create the overlap behind the chest plate. This makes sure the weak point is well and truly strengthened.

You can use a heat iron or even the edge of a standard domestic iron to heat along that line and create the step so it all fits seamlessly together.

I create a slight bend then quickly press it in behind the chest plate and bridge to get it just right.

The piece of HIPS i make sure is slightly wider and longer than is required. (only a few millimeters to help with minor alignment adjustments.

I then use CA glue and a kicker to glue it on, Set the piece in place with the CA glue, use a jell type so it doesn't run onto your armour or simply cover the surrounding area in painters tape to protect from any potential runs.

Clam in place and hit with Zip kicker for an instant bond.

Once set, all you need do is sand down any of the overhanging HIPS till flush with the bridge and you are done.

Almost invisible at close inspection.

Hope this helps.

U1e4rub.jpg

In this case I did both to make sure the other side didn't crack.

HiZ3GlI.jpg