Star Wars Rebels C1-10P 3D build (Chopper)

This was my first holy smokes moment. I did it! I can't believe it's standing and rolling and recognizable!!! (I mean if you watched the show)

UZRFTZ2l.jpg

vhcSyeHl.jpg

852kS4Yl.jpg

Still have lots to do including some minor details and of course, weathering this entire thing!

• Like 1

Ok, the foot shells need filler and paint. When I assembled them I wasn't fully aware of what needed to happen and so they aren't perfect. I need to do lots of filler, primer and sanding to get them smooth enough to pass. I also need to work on a hose detail chopper has on one leg. This has not been an easy task, the bends are a change and obviously being an animated droid, there are no physical limitations. I need find a place to mount a speaker as well as getting the front arm servo connected. Lastly, he has a periscope that will come out of his dome. That will be phase 2 cause phase 1 is nearly killing me.

and I want a static arm for his head too.

Anyway, while paint is drying and my head is killing me from all that is going on I looked for the simplest solution to mounting a speaker inside Chopper. I removed the very front center plate, used these mounts and some tie wraps. Speaking with a R2 builder here in Georgia, he mentioned just having his speakers out not enclosed in any kind of box.

9QwxAdMl.jpg

This is a cheapo amazon speaker by the way.

As you guys know, I'm in the 501st (duh) and I have some (very few actually because they are murderers and thieves) Rebel legion friends. One of them does an amazing Hera and I want to recreate a scene from the show so I need an arm for our photo shoot in the social distant future!

I am using transparent PTEG, I got a deal on it. It's super weird to see through everything.

YL9XrFAl.jpg

So... I have an arm. Now how to I attach it. Here I come Tinkercad!! I like to consider Tinkercad to be 3D modeling for dummies. It's so easy, it only took me a couple of minutes to get the hang of it. Granted I am really only doing simple stuff with it but it's a great program if you want to design some thing yourself.

So choppers dome is designed to arms to come out of his head. The system is complicated and intimidating and something I don't even see myself trying to attempt any time in my life time. But popping in a static arm that I already printing! I got this...

So see that square hole to the left of the clamps? I need to make a holder. I am going super simple. I box to fit, with a hole just big enough to fit but small enough to hold it from falling out.

XTCqJ00l.jpg

Here is what I made.

5wMhjNrl.jpg

X2ylzaQl.jpg

iRLl1JGl.jpg

Whoop whoop!!

xDUDN83l.jpg

Great job on this, Jorge! I had recently been thinking about this build and wondered what the status was. Based on your previous batched posts I assumed you were making progress and would simply update us a later time... today! My TK build is progressing much slower. Haha.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

And he is done...

ieVWI5il.jpg

19A9TWOl.jpg

And no one believes me when I said he literally tried to kill me!

6ey13pUl.jpg

Just kidding! (not really)

K9Mhk3Il.jpg

Edited by zv288bot
  • Like 2

It's been a wild ride. I started this journey on November 11th 2019 and completed it (never complete) at the end of May. My little printer (Ender 3 pro) ran pretty much 24/7. I went through roughly 26 rolls of fillament. I do have a box of bad prints (haha). I will continue to work on getting his periscope to work. I can already see that I may need a larger power amp. I am currently running 20w but talking to some of the droid guys they seem to be running 50w min. I also will work down the road at adding an effect to making his arm extend and using some LEDs to make it look like a zapper. Who knows. As usual thanks to my brothers and sisters in white armor for the support. Here is a link to my facebook account if anyone wants to see him moving with some sound. I was trying to video and move him so it's a little (a lot) wonky.

Thanks again!!

Edited by zv288bot
  • Like 4