TK-42128 Requesting Heavy Weapons Trooper Status = WITHDRAWING THIS SUBMISSION & RESUBMITTING NEW EIB REQUEST [Ended as requested]

Name:  Ardeshir Radpour

Username:  equuspolo
TK-42128
Southern California Garrison
Los Angeles Squadron

Armor Maker = Anovos - I Custom Built the Kit
Helmet Maker = Anovos - I Custom Built Interior- I Rebuilt Exterior
Blaster Type = E-11 Made by QuestDesignCanada - fully customized
DLT = 2DPrintMerchant Kit, and Praetorian

Height = 5'10
Weight = 165
Boot Maker = Imperial Boots

Weapon Pack = CrookKnight's Imperial Trooper Packs
Canvas Belt = I Custom Made The Belt
Hand Plates = Trooper Bay rubber latex plates with Rubber Gloves, Also, Anovos Hard Plates and Neoprene Gloves.
Electronics = Icomm, UKSWrath Amp, UKSWrath Hovi Tips, Custom Fans/Battery Pack, MP3 Player, Also Wireless Mic, Wireless Aker Amp,/Speaker
Neck Seal Type = Stormtrooper Undersuit, molded piping

Pouches = Custom Made.

Pauldron = Trooper Bay

hwtfront2.jpg

hwtback2.jpg

hwtleft2.jpg

hwtright2.jpg

hwtleftarm2.jpg

hwtrightarm2.jpg

hwtweapon2.jpg

hwtpost2.jpg

hwtaction2.jpg

hwthelmetfront.jpg

hwthelmetback.jpg

hwthelmetangle.jpghwthelmetright2.jpg

hwthelmetleft.jpg

hwthelmetlenses.jpg

hwthovietips.jpg

hwthelmetinterior.jpg

hwtstrim.jpg

suit.jpg

hwtneckseal.jpghwtpauldron2.jpg

hwtpack2.jpg

hwtbelt.jpg

hwtdlt19.jpg

hwtblaster.jpg

hwtgloves.jpg

hwtthighbelt.jpg

hwtboots.jpg

hwtthighammo.jpg

hwtsniperplate.jpg

hwtshoulderstrap.jpg

hwttorso.jpg

hwtabplate.jpg

hwtarmoroutside.jpg

hwtarmorinside.jpg

hwtrivets.jpg

hwtcrotchbuttons.jpg

Edited by equuspolo
  • Like 4

Hi Ardeshir!  I assume you are looking for Basic approval for your HWT, but this must be done through your local GML.  If you are looking for EI approval, you need to have it approved at Level 1 first.

The build is obviously top notch, and that DLT-19 is magnificent, but if I could make a suggestion it would be to tone down the weathering quite a bit.  As per the CRL (for level 2 and above) the costume should be "lightly scuffed (battle worn), but not weathered like a Sandtrooper".  While the amount of black you have looks cool, the costume is based on video games, which have a minimal amount.  With this particular TK, "less is more".  :duim:  You can look over some of the HWT EI submissions as examples, and here are a few game images which will give you a better idea of what I mean.

KdiaqwG.png?1 w7h2USf.png?1   8rRSSUA.jpg?1  pbI5wko.jpg?1

• Like 1

6 hours ago, justjoseph63 said:

Hi Ardeshir!  I assume you are looking for Basic approval for your HWT, but this must be done through your local GML.  If you are looking for EI approval, you need to have it approved at Level 1 first.

The build is obviously top notch, and that DLT-19 is magnificent, but if I could make a suggestion it would be to tone down the weathering quite a bit.  As per the CRL (for level 2 and above) the costume should be "lightly scuffed (battle worn), but not weathered like a Sandtrooper".  While the amount of black you have looks cool, the costume is based on video games, which have a minimal amount.  With this particular TK, "less is more".  :duim:  You can look over some of the HWT EI submissions as examples, and here are a few game images which will give you a better idea of what I mean.

KdiaqwG.png?1 w7h2USf.png?1   8rRSSUA.jpg?1  pbI5wko.jpg?1

Hi Joseph and thank you very much for your input.  I appreciate all of the advice and all of the input from everyone at FISD.  Always.  So helpful.  With regards to the weathering, I absolutely understand.  This is my preference and I have seen so so many more weathered versions.  So I am requesting some grace on this.  I will look in to it even more.  Thank you so much for the input.

Ok, so I am going through that Basic process, and will be back to this as soon as that is done.  Thank you guys for everything.  I had no idea that was the case and I apologize and appreciate all of the guidance from everyone here.  Love the 501st.  Thank you guys for all of your help.

• Like 2

On 1/16/2020 at 1:36 PM, equuspolo said:

This is my preference and I have seen so so many more weathered versions.  So I am requesting some grace on this.  I will look in to it even more.  Thank you so much for the input.

I completely understand your point about the weathering, brother, believe me.  However, the amount (not the color) of the weathering you have is much closer to what a Sandie would have, which is why there is a concern.  You may have seen this amount on those at Basic level, but for L2 and above it has to be toned down.

To give you an example, below is a recently EI approved HWT trooper who was asked to do the same thing, (and he had less weathering than you do).

I have included 3 other examples of EI approved HWTs as well.  Note the minimal scuffs/marks.

Before                                         After

NZVDxt9.jpg?1  pyK8J8I.jpg?1        zaLPMDF.jpg?1  OumwcSC.jpg?1  Ycfd3io.jpg?1

I hope you take this into consideration and if you have any questions, just ask.  Best of luck on your Basic approval, sir!

• Like 1

10 hours ago, justjoseph63 said:

I completely understand your point about the weathering, brother, believe me.  However, the amount (not the color) of the weathering you have is much closer to what a Sandie would have, which is why there is a concern.  You may have seen this amount on those at Basic level, but for L2 and above it has to be toned down.

To give you an example, below is a recently EI approved HWT trooper who was asked to do the same thing, (and he had less weathering than you do).

I have included 3 other examples of EI approved HWTs as well.  Note the minimal scuffs/marks.

Before                                         After

NZVDxt9.jpg?1  pyK8J8I.jpg?1        zaLPMDF.jpg?1  OumwcSC.jpg?1  Ycfd3io.jpg?1

I hope you take this into consideration and if you have any questions, just ask.  Best of luck on your Basic approval, sir!

Absolutely.  I take everything here very seriously and consider it highly.  I am kinda lucky in that I may tone it back completely or take another set of armor I have an mock it up to more what you are all referring to.  Just not sure yet.  I don't have to take much off to tone it back, so I will probably do that.  Just waiting to hear back from Basic first.  So we will see.  Again, mine is mostly in the lines and recessed areas, so I was hoping grace on that.  But I get it.  Mine is closer to be honest with you to the after photo of the first set you posted and can  get there easily.  So I will have a decision to make here haha

• Like 1

Hello everyone, so I have a couple of questions.  I am Submitting another complete kit as my HWT.  That is to spec with what is required for the Centurion Status.  It is going through basic approval now.  I will have that up shortly.  So what I would like to do is a few things and I am asking for grace from FISD. 

1, I would like this uniform to be considered as well as a bit more heavily weathered version of the HWT.  It is nowhere near as weathered as a Sandy and pretty shiny in person.  It is just the ridges of the armor and it is only black soot like.  It is distinctly different than all of the Sandtroopers.  It is heavier than the light scuffing, but I think that should be open to interpretation a bit more.  So I hope this tolerance can be accepted.

2.  I know there is no CRL for remnant trooper.  I would like to submit this as a remnant trooper since I have all of the necessary parts.  Holster, Thermal Detonator, etc.  Since, I know first hand from personal sources that are not 501st, that they are using more than just Rogue One armor, and are usually quite a bit of Anovos as well, I am curious if I can begin that process.  My suggestion would be to Make all ANH and Rogue One armor approvable and create that CRL.  I know there is a lot of interest in this.

Finally, again I have to say this because in written word things can be taken out of context, and I have seen some confrontations here and I am not that person.  EVERYONE on FISD has been amazingly helpful to me and incredibly encouraging.  I can not thank you guys enough, and you guys are the reason I am inspired to do more and more and push the envelope and try and help and do my part to do things even better. So thank you everyone from the bottom of my heart. 

I look forward to your responses and considerations.  If I push back, please know it is only healthy dialogue that I hope and believe only may help us out more.

Ardeshir R.

Edited by equuspolo

2 hours ago, equuspolo said:

Hello everyone, so I have a couple of questions.  I am Submitting another complete kit as my HWT.  That is to spec with what is required for the Centurion Status.  It is going through basic approval now.  I will have that up shortly.  So what I would like to do is a few things and I am asking for grace from FISD. 

1, I would like this uniform to be considered as well as a bit more heavily weathered version of the HWT.  It is nowhere near as weathered as a Sandy and pretty shiny in person.  It is just the ridges of the armor and it is only black soot like.  It is distinctly different than all of the Sandtroopers.  It is heavier than the light scuffing, but I think that should be open to interpretation a bit more.  So I hope this tolerance can be accepted.

2.  I know there is no CRL for remnant trooper.  I would like to submit this as a remnant trooper since I have all of the necessary parts.  Holster, Thermal Detonator, etc.  Since, I know first hand from personal sources that are not 501st, that they are using more than just Rogue One armor, and are usually quite a bit of Anovos as well, I am curious if I can begin that process.  My suggestion would be to Make all ANH and Rogue One armor approvable and create that CRL.  I know there is a lot of interest in this.

Finally, again I have to say this because in written word things can be taken out of context, and I have seen some confrontations here and I am not that person.  EVERYONE on FISD has been amazingly helpful to me and incredibly encouraging.  I can not thank you guys enough, and you guys are the reason I am inspired to do more and more and push the envelope and try and help and do my part to do things even better. So thank you everyone from the bottom of my heart. 

I look forward to your responses and considerations.  If I push back, please know it is only healthy dialogue that I hope and believe only may help us out more.

Ardeshir R.

1. That is really up to firstly your GML (garrison membership liaison) for the basic approval then it's up to the DO's (deployment officers) for L2 and L3 approval, HWT's normally have a small amount of weathering so they will need to decide what is maximum allowable.

2. Remnant trooper, do you mean from The Mandalorian? If so that is a different version of Stormtrooper based of Rogue One armor and your armor is based of ANH (although some additional background troopers did use ANH armor for the show). As to new costumes without a CRL here is some info: 

New to the Legion Costumes (NTTL)

Whenever you begin work on a “New to the Legion” costume, it is always best to connect with the Legion Membership Officer and relevant Detachment before proceeding. It is recommended that a “New to the Legion” costume is not kept a secret. One of the best ways to receive feedback on a “New to the Legion” costume is to make an account with the relevant detachment forum, and solicit feedback from the membership base. An ongoing and regularly updated info-page, New to the Legion Costumes in Progress is kept, listing out costumes with links to their designated Detachments.

Effective January 2016, the 501st Legion requires that all “New to the Legion” costumes must have a CRL before being approved in the database.

A “New to the Legion Costume” is a costume that has no CRL. Below are the steps for a “New to the Legion” costume and how it is added to the membership database.

• Contact LMO@501st.com and ensure the costume is applicable for inclusion into the 501st Legion. Please provide the following information:
    • Name (and TKID if applicable )
    • Name of costume
    • Media this character (in this exact costume) is seen in
    • Links to reference
    • If contact with a detachment has already been made, and links to any WIPs
  • The GML and/or costumer will be guided to the appropriate Detachment where CRL development will then occur.
  • Once CRL development is complete, the costume will be entered into the Membership database, announced, and then the costume may be approved on current and prospective members.

Notes to Keep in Mind

• Typically as much time will be spent researching and looking at reference sources as it will take to make / assemble the costume. Ideally, there are clear full body pictures of the front, side, and back. When in doubt, email and ask LMO@501st.com, providing all reference for the character in question.
  • Understand that a CRL undergoes many revisions by many people before publishing and that it is possible that there are multiple people working on the same costume at the same time. There are no guidelines on creating a new costume aside from reference material, and a costumer may be asked to change things multiple times.
  • Understand that a CRL is not intended to be a detailed how-to on costume construction; rather it is a visual guide to be used for 501st costume approval. Detailed instructions, designs, and specific measurements are to be recorded within the detachment forum’s WIP documentation.
  • The costume will not be approved in the Membership Database until all of the steps to create the CRL are completed. The wait period from completion of costume to approval can be lengthy.
  • Pictures of the costume being worn, as well as costume parts may be requested. The first completed costume is not always the CRL model. Sometimes multiple applicants images are used to complete a CRL. Images should be captured against a simple, contrasting background, at high resolution, with good lighting.
  • The Detachment and/or LMO may ask for assistance in writing the text of the CRL, but this is not always the case.
  • Before any CRL goes live, it will be reviewed, edited, and approved by the LMO Team. Once approved, the new costume will be added to the membership database, and the CRL published on the wiki (Databank).
  • Like 1

On 1/21/2020 at 1:52 PM, gmrhodes13 said:

1. That is really up to firstly your GML (garrison membership liaison) for the basic approval then it's up to the DO's (deployment officers) for L2 and L3 approval, HWT's normally have a small amount of weathering so they will need to decide what is maximum allowable.

2. Remnant trooper, do you mean from The Mandalorian? If so that is a different version of Stormtrooper based of Rogue One armor and your armor is based of ANH (although some additional background troopers did use ANH armor for the show). As to new costumes without a CRL here is some info: 

New to the Legion Costumes (NTTL)

Whenever you begin work on a “New to the Legion” costume, it is always best to connect with the Legion Membership Officer and relevant Detachment before proceeding. It is recommended that a “New to the Legion” costume is not kept a secret. One of the best ways to receive feedback on a “New to the Legion” costume is to make an account with the relevant detachment forum, and solicit feedback from the membership base. An ongoing and regularly updated info-page, New to the Legion Costumes in Progress is kept, listing out costumes with links to their designated Detachments.

Effective January 2016, the 501st Legion requires that all “New to the Legion” costumes must have a CRL before being approved in the database.

A “New to the Legion Costume” is a costume that has no CRL. Below are the steps for a “New to the Legion” costume and how it is added to the membership database.

• Contact LMO@501st.com and ensure the costume is applicable for inclusion into the 501st Legion. Please provide the following information:
    • Name (and TKID if applicable )
    • Name of costume
    • Media this character (in this exact costume) is seen in
    • Links to reference
    • If contact with a detachment has already been made, and links to any WIPs
  • The GML and/or costumer will be guided to the appropriate Detachment where CRL development will then occur.
  • Once CRL development is complete, the costume will be entered into the Membership database, announced, and then the costume may be approved on current and prospective members.

Notes to Keep in Mind

• Typically as much time will be spent researching and looking at reference sources as it will take to make / assemble the costume. Ideally, there are clear full body pictures of the front, side, and back. When in doubt, email and ask LMO@501st.com, providing all reference for the character in question.
  • Understand that a CRL undergoes many revisions by many people before publishing and that it is possible that there are multiple people working on the same costume at the same time. There are no guidelines on creating a new costume aside from reference material, and a costumer may be asked to change things multiple times.
  • Understand that a CRL is not intended to be a detailed how-to on costume construction; rather it is a visual guide to be used for 501st costume approval. Detailed instructions, designs, and specific measurements are to be recorded within the detachment forum’s WIP documentation.
  • The costume will not be approved in the Membership Database until all of the steps to create the CRL are completed. The wait period from completion of costume to approval can be lengthy.
  • Pictures of the costume being worn, as well as costume parts may be requested. The first completed costume is not always the CRL model. Sometimes multiple applicants images are used to complete a CRL. Images should be captured against a simple, contrasting background, at high resolution, with good lighting.
  • The Detachment and/or LMO may ask for assistance in writing the text of the CRL, but this is not always the case.
  • Before any CRL goes live, it will be reviewed, edited, and approved by the LMO Team. Once approved, the new costume will be added to the membership database, and the CRL published on the wiki (Databank).

Thank you for the information.  Appreciate it very much.  Big help. 

Edited by equuspolo
  • Like 1

• equuspolo changed the title to TK-42128 Requesting Heavy Weapons Trooper Status = WITHDRAWING THIS SUBMISSION & RESUBMITTING NEW EIB REQUEST

Hello everyone and thank you for all of your guidance and help.  I am withdrawing this submission for EIB.  In the future if this tolerance is expanded for grit and battle scuff, then I will resubmit it.  I really hope this happens.  But I have submitted another kit for EIB and will be Taking that to Centurion Status as well.  Thank you everyone.  I must say I am disappointed that this kit could not follow  through as it is insanely cool and even more so in person.  The new kit follows all of the guidelines for Centurion already and the light scuff.    Thank you again.

• Like 1

• TheSwede changed the title to TK-42128 Requesting Heavy Weapons Trooper Status = WITHDRAWING THIS SUBMISSION & RESUBMITTING NEW EIB REQUEST [Ended as requested]