Introductions!

erinatron

For some time now I have been interested in building my very own TK suit but was super intimidated until someone introduced me to this AMAZING site. I'm still deciding between ANH Stunt or Hero. I am 5'2 and wondered if there are any kits that are better for the shorter variety Stormtrooper. I assume any can be sized to any stature. I saw the lovely posts about where to start, which are SO so helpful. Can't wait to get started! 

Hello and welcome aboard, you will find a lot of kits can be downsized, lots of builds as a guide in the builds sections, here's just one 

Getting Started section should be able to help you too ;) 

• Like 2

Cricket's build thread will likely be your best friend. Soak it all in. I got an ATA kit, and at 5' 4" or so, it suited me quite nicely as it's on the smaller side of kits. It's also a nice thick ABS and I'm all around super pleased with it. Anyway, welcome welcome!

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, TheLorelei said:

Cricket's build thread will likely be your best friend. Soak it all in. I got an ATA kit, and at 5' 4" or so, it suited me quite nicely as it's on the smaller side of kits. It's also a nice thick ABS and I'm all around super pleased with it. Anyway, welcome welcome!

Thanks! It's been fun reading through the various builds. My one concern right now (I'm sure more will come) is looking like a bobble head. Since I am so short and most kits are for taller people, I want to look proportional but so far it doesn't seem to be a problem for the shorter folk. 

Welcome to FISD Erina.

Not only do we have page after page of very good information, we also have many members eager and ready to help answer all of your questions.

We offer the right advice and have many experts who have built several different sets of armour, so you will never be alone on your journey to becoming a Stormtrooper.

• Like 1

Welcome to the FISD!  By finding Cricket's builds you are certainly off to a great start.  Start a build thread anytime.  Finding particular info on this site can be challenging sometimes (there is so much) so don't be afraid to ask questions.  We are here to help.  Good luck!

• Like 1

Welcome Erina! I'm 5' 3" and the WTF kit fits me great, but most kits are flexible enough that they can be sized up or down as needed. I have a regular helmet and I don't *think* I look like a bobblehead, so I think you should be fine with the helmet. 

• Like 3