Boots Boots Boots!

Hi all, I have searched the forum, and am not quite finding a solution to my problem.

I am looking to order from imperial boots during their next wave, but having a hard time guessing the size.

I know to order bigger than my normal size, but all my footwear is different sized, depending on the manufacturer.

Blundstones 8.5

Runners 9.5

dress shoes 9

etc.

Any feedback? or even a length measurement in inches for a foot with a relative boot size?

Thanks

On 1/15/2020 at 1:19 AM, DC33 said:

Any feedback? or even a length measurement in inches for a foot with a relative boot size?

Thanks

Hi Robert, may the following sizing chart from imperial Boots Web page may help.  I have remarked in green color the section that explains about the boots with an example.

hope this can help.  Cheers  :salute:

-----------

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working removed
  • Like 1

• 5 months later...

Are any of the boots out there for the ANH Stormtrooper armor, white from the factory or are they black and then painted white?

I noticed on a lot of Youtube videos from armor makers that they purchase black boots and use shoe paint.  It looks nice out of the gate but with the edges of the shin guards, the paint starts to scuff up on the front and rear side. 

8 minutes ago, spahn said:

Are any of the boots out there for the ANH Stormtrooper armor, white from the factory or are they black and then painted white?

I noticed on a lot of Youtube videos from armor makers that they purchase black boots and use shoe paint.  It looks nice out of the gate but with the edges of the shin guards, the paint starts to scuff up on the front and rear side. 

The 421s from Imperial Boots are white leather.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, spahn said:

It depends on how "screen accurate" you want to be, Jose.  The originals were painted Chelsea style boots, and some like the beat-up look of them which I think adds to their charm.

EZ7ztvi.jpg?1   B0gOg1M.jpg?1

However, I think most of us prefer the pre-dyed version from the manufacturer (like IB).

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, justjoseph63 said:

It depends on how "screen accurate" you want to be, Jose.  The originals were painted Chelsea style boots, and some like the beat-up look of them which I think adds to their charm.

EZ7ztvi.jpg?1   B0gOg1M.jpg?1

However, I think most of us prefer the pre-dyed version from the manufacturer (like IB).

Yeah, I think I will opt for the IB since they will be less maintenance.  I am assuming the IB's are Centurion approved?

• Like 2

Probably paint (dye) specifically designed for leather.  Oil based paints dry to a "shell" like finish, and would crack as soon as the leather was bent.

Probably paint (dye) specifically designed for leather.  Oil based paints dry to a "shell" like finish, and would crack as soon as the leather was bent.
But... In the movies, they look chipped, like cracked by the leather bending, right?, Or am i imaging things?

Sent from my GM1900 using Tapatalk

Nope, not imagining things lol.  But normal oil based paint is not meant for porous surfaces or items that flex (like leather).

• 2 months later...

So the IB 421 boots are the ones recommended.  Am I correct in that these are not painted, but factory died white leather?  Or you can get them that way?  I think I saw on their site they were available in three colors.

Also, are they available in wider widths?  I prefer them, but I didn’t see anything about this.

So the IB 421 boots are the ones recommended.  Am I correct in that these are not painted, but factory died white leather?  Or you can get them that way?  I think I saw on their site they were available in three colors.

Also, are they available in wider widths?  I prefer them, but I didn’t see anything about this.

Yup the 421s are for an ANH TK, and they are already dyed. As for sizing, the general consensus is that they run a bit small, so many Troopers order 1/2 to 1 full size larger than their normal shoe size. This also enables extra insoles to be added, or thick socks for winter trooping.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Correct, they are factory died white leather. Unfortunately they do not offer custom sizing or wider widths. Some say they can be 1/2 size small so the size up.

1 hour ago, MaskedVengeance said:

Yup the 421s are for an ANH TK, and they are already dyed. As for sizing, the general consensus is that they run a bit small, so many Troopers order 1/2 to 1 full size larger than their normal shoe size. This also enables extra insoles to be added, or thick socks for winter trooping.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

And ESB TKs, right?  I think I read somewhere that the ROTJ versions had a white sole.  What were they thinking? Lol!

6 minutes ago, Imperial Dentist said:

And ESB TKs, right?  I think I read somewhere that the ROTJ versions had a white sole.  What were they thinking? Lol!

Yes, you are correct that they also suffice for ESB. If case this is helpful: OT TK Differences PDF