Lone Sentry's ANH Stunt Build (AP)

LoneSentry

• 1 month later...

Great news!  It is truly fantastic the way you have prepared for this build, Chris.  Which piece(s) you choose to start with will be up to you, but to get a feel for things I suggest starting with the biceps.  I am looking forward to seeing your progress, and hopefully a ton of photos!  Just remember the old saying "measure twice (or 3-4 times), cut once" and if you run into an issue, ask and post up a pic before proceeding.  We are here to help, sir.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, justjoseph63 said:

Great news!  It is truly fantastic the way you have prepared for this build, Chris.  Which piece(s) you choose to start with will be up to you, but to get a feel for things I suggest starting with the biceps.  I am looking forward to seeing your progress, and hopefully a ton of photos!  Just remember the old saying "measure twice (or 3-4 times), cut once" and if you run into an issue, ask and post up a pic before proceeding.  We are here to help, sir.

Thank you so much for the kinds words and encouragement!

• 4 months later...
46 minutes ago, gmrhodes13 said:

Oh happy days, now open that bad boy up and get to panicking :laugh1: 

Imgur seems to be down right now, otherwise I'd post the "unpacked" photo. And yes, holy hell, what have I gotten myself into?!? #FullPanic #FullExcitement

• Like 1

Let the fun begin!

My suggestions:  Start with the easier pieces to get the feel of working with ABS, stay organized, post lots of photos, ask lots of questions (especially before cutting/gluing if you have any doubts), keep all the scrap ABS (for now) and most importantly take.... your.... time.  Trust me.

• Like 1

I always like to see a fellow AP kit, it looks awesome.  You went with an untrimmed kit same as me, great choice (especially for the first time builders).  I too have been doing what Justjoseph63 mentioned above, keep the scraps and use them for tests and experiments.  Don't be afraid to ask questions, it's better to take a few seconds to ask a question, then taking a few hours to fix a mistake.