Lone Sentry's ANH Stunt Build (AP)

LoneSentry

Plugging away on soft goods and supplies. Darman premium neck seal (velcro) ordered. Paint, nylon strapping, elastic, magnets, and a few other smaller things all been ordered. Boots will be ordered on Feb 7 when Imperial opens up again. Blaster will be the last thing I research/order, and probably wont move on that until the actual build starts. I'm happy with the progress so far. What once seemed a like huge daunting list doesn't seem so bad anymore. I should have almost everything in place to hit the ground running once BBB Day arrives (then real terror starts. Lol.) 

Edited by LoneSentry
  • Like 1

Plugging away on soft goods and supplies. Darman premium neck seal (velcro) ordered. Paint, nylon strapping, elastic, magnets, and a few other smaller things all been ordered. Boots will be ordered on Feb 7 when Imperial opens up again. Blaster will be the last thing I research/order, and probably wont move on that until the actual build starts. I'm happy with the progress so far. What once seemed a like huge daunting list doesn't seem so bad anymore. I should have almost everything in place to hit the ground running once BBB Day arrives (then real terror starts. Lol.) 

Darman makes a mighty fine holster too.

I buy my TK belts from Rob Kittle (up to maybe 6 by now):
https://www.imperialissue.com

-Eric

3 hours ago, LoneSentry said:

then real terror starts. Lol.) 

:D:D great to know there's another person nervous about starting an armor build as I was the day my kit arrived. 

Don't be afraid, at least not much. You're not alone in this process. 

We are here to help you. 

:peace:

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, Darth Aloha said:

-Eric

My AP kit comes with holster and belt! I'll have to determine if they are Centurion level when BBB Day hits, if not I'll take a hard look at these. Thanks for the info!

My AP kit comes with holster and belt! I'll have to determine if they are Centurion level when BBB Day hits, if not I'll take a hard look at these. Thanks for the info!

Rad!

-Eric

10 hours ago, Darth Aloha said:

-Eric

And what do you do with those said TK belt??? :P

3 minutes ago, Darth Aloha said:

They’re delicious. A real delicacy.

-Eric

:laugh1:

My apologies to Chris for derailing your thread, lets get back to you.

Great to hear you’re heading for Centurion. :-)

If you do end up looking for a higher grade belt, their are some really good options out there. Personally, I prefer the ones without a plastic insert. For out and out accuracy, the original belts did not have a plastic insert, rather they were made up of around 8 layers of fabrics/materials.

Personal recommendations would be BurkBench Designs or Troopermaster. Both can be found on Facebook.

13 hours ago, LoneSentry said:

The AP belt and holster will get you all the way to level 3, Chris, so no worries there.

• Like 2

Yep, no need to replace anything out of Mark's kit if you don't want to.  Well, the only thing I would recommend changing out is the green visor Mark supplies.  Although it is more screen accurate, it does not do a very good job of hiding your face when people are up close and personal or taking pictures with flashes.  I ended up getting a green visor from TrooperBay - it was much darker and does a great job of hiding your face.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

The wait for BBB Day is excruciating. I should be able to hit the ground running once it arrives. Here are most of the supplies/tools I've gathered, thanks to the "Supply List for Your OT TK Build" thread. I am ordering boots from Imperial when they open up again this Friday. Really terrified excited to get started! :)

rKmamDk.jpg

• Like 2

On 1/15/2020 at 5:25 PM, LoneSentry said:

Thanks to this thread, I've started amassing all the tools, supplies, etc. This was today's haul. Twelve magnets have been ordered, too. Dremel, mineral spirits, hammer, vise grips, etc. are all things I fortunately already own. Note the 1/4" wide white elastic--aiming for Centurion already! It sounds like the AP kit comes with snaps, rivets, and screws, so I am holding off on those to see what I end up with on BBB Day. Off to a good start!

What's really great about your thorough investment in tools and consumables is that you'll use all of that on your next costumes and beyond (and there are always more costumes.) In fact, looking at my workbench most of the original stuff I bought for my TK is still there being used on the reg.

-Eric

• Like 1

Once you are bitten by the building bug there is no hope, onwards and upwards to more costumes, I have a couple ;) 

Looking forward to seeing those BBB photos soon.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, LoneSentry said:

The wait for BBB Day is excruciating. I should be able to hit the ground running once it arrives. Here are most of the supplies/tools I've gathered, thanks to the "Supply List for Your OT TK Build" thread. I am ordering boots from Imperial when they open up again this Friday. Really terrified excited to get started! :)

Race you to the shopping cart for Imperial Boots ;)

9 minutes ago, LoneSentry said:

Just in case you haven't seen it...their Facebook page says they are not opening until Feb 14th now.

Stupid corona virus supporting the rebels by jamming the supply lines of the empire...

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, masterx244 said:

Stupid corona virus supporting the rebels by jamming the supply lines of the empire...

I get it’s important the look at the lighter side of things but perhaps not the best joke as people are dying as of right now. Thanks for understanding.

5 hours ago, Junos said:

Completely reasonable and Understandable considering the outbreak

I am surprised it is only that short of a delay. Their health and well-being is far more important than our make-believe boots!

Edited by LoneSentry

32 minutes ago, LoneSentry said:

I am surprised it is only that short of a delay. Their health and well-being is far more important than our make-believe boots!

I have a gut feeling the delay will be extended... 

• 2 weeks later...

So, these arrived today. Order processed, produced, and shipped so quick! Imperial Boots gets an A+ from me. Really cool sticker and patch included, too! I wear a size 10 shoe. Ordered a size 11. Might have been able to go with a 10.5, but not worried about it at all. I'm sure they will fit great with an insole added.

Now I'm just waiting for armor to be shipped...

6uRhFBm.jpg

Edited by LoneSentry
  • Like 2