Lone Sentry's ANH Stunt Build (AP)

LoneSentry

Well, here we go...

Today I made a deposit on the AP "Deluxe Untrimmed Kit." I had mentioned an RS kit in another thread, but with a bit more research I decided to pull the plug with AP. Unsure on wait list time at this point. I figured I might as well get my build thread up and running, so here it is. Now I am going to begin amassing the tools and other stuff while I patiently wait for BBB Day.

-Chris S.

• Like 3

Well, here we go...

Today I made a deposit on the AP "Deluxe Untrimmed Kit." I had mentioned an RS kit in another thread, but with a bit more research I decided to pull the plug with AP. Unsure on wait list time at this point. I figured I might as well get my build thread up and running, so here it is. Now I am going to begin amassing the tools and other stuff while I patiently wait for BBB Day.

-Chris S.

You won’t be disappointed mate - Mark’s armour is epic and has held up really well over the last 3 years on me!

Looking forward to the progress!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
  • Like 1

CONGRATS on pulling the trigger with AP, Chris!  As Aaron mentioned, you won't be disappointed and great to hear that you are getting your supplies in order.  I would suggest getting your under suit as well, as this will come in handy for fitting purposes when sizing your armor.  Also, before you get to the point where you are sizing the calves (especially the bottoms) it's better to have your boots on hand.  I have seen many times where calves are trimmed and glued, only to be too small when the boots finally arrive afterward.  Trust me on that one.

If you are planning on going with Imperial Boots, they are closed now until Feb. 7th (they make them in "waves") but I would order them as soon as it opens.

Also, I hope you have signed up with an photo sharing site like imgur.  If so, get in some editing practice (cropping/reducing, etc.) here on your thread by posting pics of the build supplies as you get them.  We expect to see a LOT of photos!  :duim:

• Like 1

6 hours ago, justjoseph63 said:

I would suggest getting your under suit as well...

Also, before you get to the point where you are sizing the calves (especially the bottoms) it's better to have your boots on hand...

Under suit already done! I play a bunch of sports and already have black under armor.

Boots: Thank you so much for that tip! I (hopefully) would have stumbled across that before I got to calves, but it would not have occurred to me otherwise. Better to know now! Thank you!

Ugh. Mark hit me up. 4-6 week wait. That is MUCH quicker than I expected. Now I’m in panic mode! I have to get moving to get all the other tools/etc. by then. I didn’t anticipate that BBB Day coming too soon would actually be one of the “problems” I was going to have. :)

Edited by LoneSentry
  • Like 1

Still time to research and purchase (funds allowing) don't panic just yet ;) 

Looking forward to seeing those BBB photos soon 

48 minutes ago, LoneSentry said:

Ugh. Mark hit me up. 4-6 week wait. That is MUCH quicker than I expected. Now I’m in panic mode! I have to get moving to get all the other tools/etc. by then. I didn’t anticipate that BBB Day coming too soon would actually be one of the “problems” I was going to have. :)

Lol.  You don't have to start working on it as soon as it arrives...  just kidding.  That's crazy talk. 

• Like 1

Looking foward to seeing your build thread. Here and on the NEG forum.

Lot's of help here from everyone. And locally feel free to hit me with any questions. 

Good Luck Future Trooper!:duim:

13 hours ago, LoneSentry said:

No need for panic, Chris.  There are no "problems"... only solutions!  As I tell many new folks, treat your build as a marathon, not a sprint.  4 weeks should be plenty of time to get your tools/materials in order, and since you have the under-suit you are in good shape for now.  I know you want to get out and get trooping, but don't rush it.  The average build takes 4-6 weeks (or longer), so if you save the calves for last you will have the boots by the time you get to that point.  

While waiting, you can also work on your research.  Hopefully, you will consider aiming for Centurion right out of the gate, so it will be helpful to look over some of the approved EI submissions here and the Centurion submissions here.  These will give you an idea of the details we look for.  You may have seen it already, but this thread will help as well, whether you are aiming for the higher levels or not.

Again, I can't stress enough how important it is to have (and be able to use) an image hosting service.  This will be especially important when you have an issue.  

This is your thread, so while you wait for BBB day, use it to ask anything you like.

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, justjoseph63 said:

The average build takes 4-6 weeks (or longer)

Well this makes me feel slow.  Ha ha.

Given my issues with larger limbs I was on and off for 7 months to finish my build.  I've heard others take as much as 2 years with BBB returning to a closet often.  It's best to see each small task as an accomplishment and eventually you will have enough done for your basic application.  Then there is just the constant repair and improvement which is less pressure than finishing the build.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, justjoseph63 said:

No need for panic, Chris.  There are no "problems"... only solutions... 

Hah! I was being a little sarcastic with that post (at least the "problem" part). I come from a WWII Living History background, and I'm the type that wears period-correct under wear, even though the public never sees it, because that is the correct way to do it. The devil is in the details. I've always thought the process of gathering/putting stuff together was half the fun, and I'm certainly already enjoying it with this project. And, yes, I am absolutely aiming for a Centurion-level build from Day 1. I spent a lot of time looking over the EI and Centurion submission threads when trying to pick out armor. Lots of really good and helpful info in those threads. And I'm good freinds with Imgur. Here is my project log book to keep track of research, to-do lists, etc. :) 

WwVReEe.jpg

• Like 2

I checked what letters matched numbers on phone TK = 85 and added the 421, TK85421 ;) 

200px-Telephone-keypad2.svg.png

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Darth Aloha said:

The more TKs in MA the better I say. We can't always import them from Rhode Island (@magni)

-Eric

Plenty of TK's in Massachusetts. Just no body's in them.;)

Cough, Cough

14 hours ago, magni said:

Plenty of TK's in Massachusetts. Just no body's in them.;)

Cough, Cough

Call me the Vader martyr.

"Oh. Ok.... I'll wear it... if I must."

-Eric

Call me the Vader martyr.

"Oh. Ok.... I'll wear it... if I must."

-Eric

Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks to this thread, I've started amassing all the tools, supplies, etc. This was today's haul. Twelve magnets have been ordered, too. Dremel, mineral spirits, hammer, vise grips, etc. are all things I fortunately already own. Note the 1/4" wide white elastic--aiming for Centurion already! It sounds like the AP kit comes with snaps, rivets, and screws, so I am holding off on those to see what I end up with on BBB Day. Off to a good start!

3CQqHUp.jpg

• Like 4

Looks like you are well underway Chris, and you are in good hands. Welcome to FISD, I am looking forward to your BBB (Big Brown Box) photos rolling in.

• Like 1