Jump to content
captDunn

TK accessories that aren't on the CRLs?

Recommended Posts

Thinking about finally buying a set of armor but i had a few questions. What's the status on using accessories that aren't on the CRLs but are still canon for trooping? Pauldrons, binders, blasters etc. 

 

Rebels and fallen order both show pauldrons are used to designate rank and  specialty.

 

TK commander fallen order

https://www.ign.com/wikis/star-wars-jedi-fallen-order/Stormtrooper_Commander

 

TK heavy fallen order

https://www.ign.com/wikis/star-wars-jedi-fallen-order/Heavy_Assault_Stormtrooper

 

The E22 from rogue one was used by a TK during Mandalorian 

https://www.facebook.com/groups/www.whitearmor.net/permalink/490752614889703/

From the fisd FB group

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Firstly it depends on your garrison/squad/outpost requirements, some do not allow non canon accessories at events so you will have to check with local command.

 

But other garrison/squad/outposts do allow them, for canon troops you can only use those accessories listed in the CRL's for non cannon troops they can be used. 

 

Personally I like to match the accessories to the version of Stormtrooper I am portraying, but it's a personal choice (with command blessings of course)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, gmrhodes13 said:

Firstly it depends on your garrison/squad/outpost requirements, some do not allow non canon accessories at events so you will have to check with local command.

 

But other garrison/squad/outposts do allow them, for canon troops you can only use those accessories listed in the CRL's for non cannon troops they can be used. 

 

Personally I like to match the accessories to the version of Stormtrooper I am portraying, but it's a personal choice (with command blessings of course)

Wouldn't jedi fallen order and Mandalorian count as canon sources? 

 

Thanks! For the reply I'll make sure to contact my local garrison!

Edited by captDunn
Spelling error

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, captDunn said:

Wouldn't jedi fallen order and Mandalorian count as canon sources? 

 

Thanks! For the reply I'll make sure to contact my local garrison!

The canon source really has to match the version of Stormtrooper you are building, as example most wouldn't wear a pauldron on an ANH Stormtrooper as they are never seen with one, even if other versions of Stormtroopers are, BUT some do wear anything with any version NOT for canon troops though. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I recently started my ANH Stunt TK build and then discovered the Heavy Weapons Trooper (HWT) from the Battlefront games (EU). They are sorta a combo of a normal stormtrooper and sandtrooper, and get to wear orange pauldrons! You may consider something like that.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, MaskedVengeance said:

I recently started my ANH Stunt TK build and then discovered the Heavy Weapons Trooper (HWT) from the Battlefront games (EU). They are sorta a combo of a normal stormtrooper and sandtrooper, and get to wear orange pauldrons! You may consider something like that.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I thought about it you get to keep the shinny armor and get extra accessories I'm just not a fan of the backpack.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

As many have said, it just depends on the garrison.  Like others, mine is that for formal events it's canon only, but for others you can break out the fun.  Cons are an excellent example where people just go nuts at times.

 

As for those book references, if you ever want them to be official you'd have to create the costume and help get the CRL done.  It's certainly possible and we have several that are from games, etc. (e.g. Battlefront).  In the end though, if it's just various add-ons but the armor is the same, that you'll likely find is that there is a single base URL with "options" for various looks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...