Slim body for FO stormtrooper armor

10 minutes ago, Alan Paddington said:

Folks;

It is my first post here.

I intend to be a First Order Stormtrooper.  Planning to purchae Anovos FO stormtrooper kit.

However, my body type is rather slim.  150 lbs and 5'10".

Can Anovos FO stormtrooper kit be adjustable?

Any advice.

Thank you.

Alan

Avoid buying the FOTK kit from anovos direct. They delayed it endlessly so far and even got a lawsuit ongoing atm.

Hello and welcome. As Tom mentioned there are huge delays with ANOVOS you may want to go with another supplier, you can find other makers and build info in the builds section.

With regards to body shape and costume size there is a minimum a costume can be sized down without it looking weird and not matching the helmet size so it could be just a case of adding foam/padding to some areas in regards to width, with height it is possible to trim down pieces ;) 

Way more easier adjusting size with the classic trooper,  the FO armor all parts are meant to be flush and seamless and more difficult to scale down because of the design, not to mention some putty work and full painting, overall alot more work involved building a FO armor

Mark (AP)

One word - Don't.

Anovos takes your money and doesn't deliver, and there is a "no refund" policy in place.

As Mark indicated above, FO is less adjustable in many ways. Of course you can fill the space with foam to reduce wobbling.

Hi Alan and welcome to FISD

If you are looking to get into armour in the short term, Anovos probably inst going to be able to supply.

We have many members here on the forums who have been waiting up to 3 years to receive kits from that supplier, which in my opinion is far too long.

There are other makers who can however deliver in relatively short periods of time and have proven their reliability.

The First Order design was aimed at having a relatively uniform size across troopers hence the gaskets fitted to the armour. You cant tell if the person within is thin or solid so it could be considered forgiving in that aspect.

There is considerable difference in the adjust-ability, sizing and finish as mentioned by Mark (ABS80) but don't let that dissuade you at this stage.

My key message is, please do plenty of research (you are in the right place for that) and ask plenty of questions so the advice continues to flow.

Good luck on your quest to becoming a Stormtrooper.