ANOVOS ANH Stunt Question

Afternoon,

I'm in contact with someone wishing to sell essentially a full uncut set of the anovos stunt TK soft and hard parts.

I jumped on it and will get to actually see it in person pre purchase, just in case.

If people had to put a number on 1 (Halloween Store) and 10 (You could be in the movie),  what would people in the FISD roughly gauge what kind of quality I should expect?

I haven't purchased anything from ANOVOS but am fully aware of the reputation.  

Just trying to get familiar before I see it what to expect.  I've seen some pictures that appear to confirm it's all what he says is coming with it, and again, I'll get to see it before actual purchase.

Any other bits of advice or tips on this are appreciated. This would aim to be the basis of my first TK.

Thanks,

ID : 86454

depend on price you paid, if you concider quality/accuracy I give it 6+ the helmet is inaccurate and armor overall way less accurate than some fan made armors on here, but if you have nothing to compare it to and are pretty new to this you wont notice the differences, I can spot Anovos a mile away with that helmet ;)

Mark (AP)  

Edited by ABS80

Anovos TK is scanned from an original suit from Lucas archives so it´s pretty close to "Movie-grade". The pulls are generally to sharp (detailed) to be totally accurate but some like that and others don´t. I personally don´t like the look of the helmet but again they did use a screen used asset to make their molds from. Alot of people complain about flimsy plastic but that is also screen accurate (1.5mm) and more flexible. Go check out some builds and the EIB/Centurion sections and there´s plenty Anovos TK:s that are Centurion. The bad rep Anovos has comes from the business practise and usually not from the quality of their products, the first gen TK:s did have some issues with the forming process which resulted in thin plastic in some areas, haven´t heard anyone mention this last several years. I bought a Torso section from Anovos for my son´s TK about a year ago and the quality was great. Good luck:salute:

1 hour ago, TheSwede said:

Anovos TK is scanned from an original suit from Lucas archives so it´s pretty close to "Movie-grade". The pulls are generally to sharp (detailed) to be totally accurate but some like that and others don´t. I personally don´t like the look of the helmet but again they did use a screen used asset to make their molds from. Alot of people complain about flimsy plastic but that is also screen accurate (1.5mm) and more flexible. Go check out some builds and the EIB/Centurion sections and there´s plenty Anovos TK:s that are Centurion. The bad rep Anovos has comes from the business practise and usually not from the quality of their products, the first gen TK:s did have some issues with the forming process which resulted in thin plastic in some areas, haven´t heard anyone mention this last several years. I bought a Torso section from Anovos for my son´s TK about a year ago and the quality was great. Good luck:salute:

Thanks for the information. Yeah being able to see it all in person before purchase is a golden opportunity. He's selling at a super great price.   I was planning on waiting till later this year before having the rescources in place to start this, but the opportunity knocked and I'd be a fool not to at least see it. 

Have a look in the builds sections, they do require a few modifications but there are quite a few out there ;) 

My Armor is ANOVOS and I've been quite pleased with it. It's the first kit I've built and while I don't have a lot of experience building several previous costumes I found my way through and like how it looks. It's going to rest in personal preference as to whether you like the look of it and there are several manufactures that you can take to expert infantry or Centurion.

Like has been said before take a gander at the Expert Infantry and Centurion approval threads to look at the different makers and how the final product appears to see where your tastes are. 3eaf2d82679784e21758f356a480dba1.jpg

Sent from my sorrosuub C1 comm link device using Tapatalk

One thing I would do is ditch the under suit if it is from Anovos as well.  There have been more than a few troopers whose armor has been stained black from the color bleeding onto it.

• Like 1

On 1/11/2020 at 2:36 PM, Frank75139 said:

Just out of curiosity. What are you paying for the armor?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Apologies for slow reply,

$550,  brand new untrimmed. Coming with everything overall.  I'll need to get a better blaster, but i've ordered boots from ImperialBoots, and besides the assembly and quality control should be the effort bit, then good to go. 

Apologies for slow reply,

$550,  brand new untrimmed. Coming with everything overall.  I'll need to get a better blaster, but i've ordered boots from ImperialBoots, and besides the assembly and quality control should be the effort bit, then good to go. 

Just wanted to make sure the price was decent, hate to see you get ripped off.

• Like 1

Just now, Frank75139 said:

Just wanted to make sure the price was decent, hate to see you get ripped off.

I've been watching online from various retailers and as from intense lurking here to get a feel for the field. I believe $550 for a complete unfit/trimmed/setup ANOVOS, (also skipping the ANOVOS "process and wait")  is a very valid deal. I'll get to see it all in person as well before final purchase, just in case.  So all in all is just a golden opportunity to do something i've wanted to do for years. :)

I've been watching online from various retailers and as from intense lurking here to get a feel for the field. I believe $550 for a complete unfit/trimmed/setup ANOVOS, (also skipping the ANOVOS "process and wait")  is a very valid deal. I'll get to see it all in person as well before final purchase, just in case.  So all in all is just a golden opportunity to do something i've wanted to do for years.

I agree seems like a nice deal

4 minutes ago, Lestat616 said:

My reaction to the whole interaction with my seller, and in regards to massively accelerating my timetable to do a TK.

kadP1xG.thumb.jpg.b6960c5dbc0fa46468dcfcad16ff8734.jpg

Definitely approached it at light speed. It’s good to take great deals as that come :) 

btw nice staff officer, I get mine complete next week.

Just now, ImperialLoyalty342 said:

Definitely approached it at light speed. It’s good to take great deals as that come :) 

btw nice staff officer, I get mine complete next week.

ty.  :)   fits like a glove and being in public in it is a trip  >.<

• Like 1