clueless civilian newbie introduction

Thouzer

So I didn't know where to post this but introductions first. I am a 21 year old fan who grew up with the prequels. as a child I always wanted to wear trooper armor but I had my own personal insecurities. Nonetheless I collected everything Star Wars growing up until 12 and was obsessed with the Galactic Empire. I remember I always had them as my main characters when I would mess around with my toys as a child. More info though about why I joined... I am very short (5'00) and afflicted with moderate scoliosis and pigeon chest. I just wanted to know if it's possible if there is a class of trooper armor (like Scout/Storm/Cold/etc) that experienced troopers would recommend that I could fit in or I could modify it to fit. I will post pictures of my torso if the moderation approves. I do plan on joining my local garrison but only until I can know for certain that realistically it is possible to don those buckets.

• Like 1

So I didn't know where to post this but introductions first. I am a 21 year old fan who grew up with the prequels. as a child I always wanted to wear trooper armor but I had my own personal insecurities. Nonetheless I collected everything Star Wars growing up until 12 and was obsessed with the Galactic Empire. I remember I always had them as my main characters when I would mess around with my toys as a child. More info though about why I joined... I am very short (5'00) and afflicted with moderate scoliosis and pigeon chest. I just wanted to know if it's possible if there is a class of trooper armor (like Scout/Storm/Cold/etc) that experienced troopers would recommend that I could fit in or I could modify it to fit. I will post pictures of my torso if the moderation approves. I do plan on joining my local garrison but only until I can know for certain that realistically it is possible to don those buckets.

Good news! We can assist in guiding you through fitting into whatever armor you choose! If it’s outside of the armor we support we can link you up with the correct detachment. We accept troopers of all shapes and sizes! You just need to figure out what you’d like to do (That’s the trickiest part)

MoSc0ut

TK-50899

25 minutes ago, CTID said:

Hi, and welcome! Irrespective of height or size, there's no reason why you can't be any of the characters you've mentioned emoji846.png
Where are you located?
Marc

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

I am located in Southern California. Right by Los Angeles.

24 minutes ago, MoSc0ut said:

Good news! We can assist in guiding you through fitting into whatever armor you choose! If it’s outside of the armor we support we can link you up with the correct detachment. We accept troopers of all shapes and sizes! You just need to figure out what you’d like to do (That’s the trickiest part)

MoSc0ut

TK-50899

to be honest I want to be a Scout Trooper but the issue again lies in my torso. I will post pictures of my torso if it doesn't violate the ToS. Again I am clueless and I do not want to disrespect any established etiquette here. 

No need to post a picture. If you’re looking into becoming a scout trooper you’ll want to head over to the pathfinder detachment. https://www.501stpathfinders.com there will be helpful folks just like here on the FISD to help get you squared away! If someday you want a full plastic spaceman you know where to find us!

Take care and enjoy your journey!

Jim
TK-50899

4 minutes ago, MoSc0ut said:

No need to post a picture. If you’re looking into becoming a scout trooper you’ll want to head over to the pathfinder detachment. https://www.501stpathfinders.com there will be helpful folks just like here on the FISD to help get you squared away! If someday you want a full plastic spaceman you know where to find us!

Take care and enjoy your journey!

Jim
TK-50899

I will be checking over there then, Thank you I am now in the process of creating an account.

5 minutes ago, CTID said:

As long as the kit you buy is built to a screen accurate level, then, like we say, you should be good to go. Your physical build won't be am issue emoji846.png

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Baby Yoda will be an issue. (i can already hear the crickets)

• Like 2

Baby Yoda will be an issue. (i can already hear the crickets)

Come on over to Pathfinders we’ll help you out. And yes we have gotten quite a bad name due to that damn child provoking us innocent scouts just trying to do our job.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, Frank75139 said:

Come on over to Pathfinders we’ll help you out. And yes we have gotten quite a bad name due to that damn child provoking us innocent scouts just trying to do our job.

I appreciate it. Just waiting for my registration confirmation email

• Like 1

Regardless of costume, there are ways to make it fit.  I speak to the particulars of building a scout, but for a TK here is a good example of reducing a typical stormtrooper kit down in size.  I believe the builder is 5'2".  Might give you some ideas when sizing armour.  She has a few builds on this forum.  happy building trooper!

Thanks for the shoutout, @wook1138;) 

When I first started that particular build, I was sizing it down for my height- which is 5'4".  My garrison friend wanted to be a TK and asked me to sell her the kit before I had finished it so I could properly size it to her frame.  She is just 4'11", and we did it!  Here's a pic of me (taller trooper, ha!), and her on our way to a parade troop in 2018.  She totally rocks her kit! 

49361366663_a53ed49f86_o.jpg

You definitely can size down a TK to fit your frame, Isaac!  My friend ordered "short" thighs from Walt's Trooper Factory, and they worked out nicely.  That said, you can also size down full-sized thighs just as well.  The kit I'm wearing in the pic above initially was made for a typical 5'11" trooper, and I was able to make it fit my small frame.  As long as you keep your proportions in check, your kit will look amazing!  Don't be afraid of the stormtrooper build!  We all are here to help if that's the direction you choose to follow.  

Edited by Cricket
  • Like 4

20 minutes ago, Cricket said:

She is just 4'11", and we did it!  Here's a pic of me (taller trooper, ha!), and her on our way to a parade troop in 2018.  She totally rocks her kit! 

AWESOME job on that kit for your friend, Cricket (and yours as well, of course)!  I am totally going to steal that photo for my reference archives to show what can be done for those who may be a bit vertically challenged.  My question is:  Why haven't we seen an EI submission for her?  (Seriously... that armor looks fantastic)!

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, justjoseph63 said:

AWESOME job on that kit for your friend, Cricket (and yours as well, of course)!  I am totally going to steal that photo for my reference archives to show what can be done for those who may be a bit vertically challenged.  My question is:  Why haven't we seen an EI submission for her?  (Seriously... that armor looks fantastic)!

Hey, thanks for those kind words, Joseph!  

I have bugged her about EI... a lot.  If she hasn't submitted for EI, it's definitely not for lack of effort on my end.  :laugh1:

• Like 1

welp my registration is approved. Wish me luck in building my Scout kit, and thank you all for the warm welcome and support. any advice on dealing with Ewoks??

Avoid the forrest moon.