TheEagle's AM 4.5 ANH-S Build (Done)

Eagle

Hey everyone! This is my first hard armor build! I'm looking for support. Thanks! 

Parts:

Armor: Armor Master 

Helmet: Armor Master

AM Vendor: https://www.facebook.com/Daves-Darkside-Depot-1188080927989611/

Neckseal: Darman

Holster: Darman 

Belt: Imperial Issue

Gloves:

Trooping: Nomex flight gloves (eBay) with AM hand plates.

Centurion: Chemical gloves (Amazon) with justjoseph63's rubber hand plates. 

Under suit: TSLA (Amazon)

Balaclava: Amazon

E11: Praetorian Blasters

Boots: Imperial Boots 

Puldron: Katarra8 (Etsy)

MP40 Pouch: MEPD Forums (Anthony) 

Electronics:

Aker 1506 with TrooperTalk app on IOS

ukswrath SHA System (Hearing Aids)

Troopacoola fans

Accessories:

Disney Handcuffs with holster from Darman 

Holster Plushie for non blaster troops

Want to Buy

DLT19: Praetorian Blasters

Edited by TheEagle

• 3 months later...

UPDATE:

Sadly I never used this as I intended too. So I’ll make this post my closing chapter on my build and as something for me to look back on for future reference. 

WHAT HAPPENED:

With all the free time on my hands due to the pandemic, nothing was stopping me from putting down the build. I finished relatively quickly. I did little parts in January and February. However, I would say 90% of this build took place during March and April. I didn't really stop to document it all.  I would say the most documentation I have is in my EIB and Centurion threads.

------------

FOR NEWCOMERS AND FUTURE ME

Proper Protection! 

I got some small cuts during this build and a really bad one. Make sure you are careful when handling sharp tools and use proper protection!

Cracks

Be ready for cracks. It's not a matter of if, its a matter of when. I got a few while building, two of which were my fault. It’s going to feel bad at first, but don't let a crack stop you from this project. Worst comes to worst you can always replace the part.

Snaps 

Don't overset them. Also, I highly recommend the double snap method from @justjoseph63.

Price

Be prepared to drop quite a bit on a TK, it is an investment. Keep track of purchases. 

Shoot for the Stars! 

I went into this build with the goal of hitting Centurion. I built my armor with level 3 in mind so I wouldn't have to go back and make any major changes after basic approval. 

Kit, not Commission!

Build your kit! It's cheaper and teaches you a lot. Of course, there is nothing wrong with commissions, but I would only recommend it if you’re tight on time, not money.

Heat Guns

It's true, all of it. Heat guns can really mess up armor, even AM which is VERY thick ABS. You can’t notice it in photos but the corner of my backplate is slightly warped due to being exposed to a heat gun for too long. Use caution when using a heat gun.

Ask for Help!

Don't be ashamed to ask for help! This isn't a simple task that you are expected to know going into it. Go to armor parties, make posts on the forums, ask squadmates! 

SPECIAL THANKS

I want to thanks everyone that helped me through this journey. I made a few separate threads with armor questions and received many responses, they were all very helpful, so thank you!

@justjoseph63 and Sha Sha, thanks for your pointers and fixes you gave me throughout the EIB and Centurion process. 

Finally, my good friend and now squad leader @Erice3339, Eric Elg. You were the one who pushed me to make my TK when I was on the fence about. You gave me really great advice! So thank you, I can't wait to get out of this quarantine and troop with you and Fireteam Alpha in my TK!  

I think that wraps it up, I'll update this if anything else comes up ill update the post

Thomas Hagin

Edited by gmrhodes13
link removed no longer working
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, TheEagle said:

Ill post some photos once I get my last items in the mail and edit my armor a bit!

I'm gonna hold you to that, brother...   Now that you have reached Centurion, I hope you will consider hanging around the boards and using all that you've learned to help and encourage others.  ;)

• Like 1

Congrats, Thomas! The work was all you. I provided what information I could, but you took the initiative. I am glad you are happy with the armor-- as you should be. You did great work, and I too look forward to trooping with you on the other side of this pandemic! 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

UPDATE: After taking the TK out for it's first major walk around a neighborhood, its become clear that my TK still needs a lot of work in the leg department. I got REALLY bad bites on the back of my legs and right thigh, but not my left. I'm going to make mobility cuts and alter my legs a bit. I'll post updates when done.

• Like 2